Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Bioshock Infinite

Anyone else really excited/interested for this one? I absolutely adored the first Bioshock (except for the end boss...) but I never could get into Bioshock 2. So I have great hopes for Bioshock Infinite, seeing as it's made by the original developer, has had a lot of development time, has a really cool theme and just looks great in general!

I pre-purchased it on Steam, grabbing the Original Bioshock with it and hopefully XCOM later on (and quite the amount of TF2 items, if you are interested in that). I had the original Bioshock on DVD, so it's a nice addition to my Steam collection. So people, get Pre-Purchasing!
    Last edited by asskicker; 25-02-2013 at 03:25 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    No,not really.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    No,not really.
    Any reasons as to why you aren't excited/interested?

Quote Originally Posted by asskicker View Post
    Probably, but that would mean he'd have to write more than two words in a single post, which is difficult for DaftPunk.

on-topic: hell yeah, but owing to a gigantic backlog I'll probably just wait til it's down in the 15-20 range before I get it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar

Because i never enjoyed any bioshock game,and this one looks quite similar to previous ones,in terms of gameplay of course.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus b0rsuk's Avatar
    Because people are interested in franchises, not games or even good products. Next: MacDonalds FPS.

The Bioshock setting is a hillariously bad fit for a competitive multiplayer game. I would prefer a a game about clowns duelling in a circus. Bioshock setting is tied to a particular area and molding it into a multiplayer arena is silly.

If you want a wacky first person game, do yourself a favor and wait for Zeno Clash 2.
    Last edited by b0rsuk; 07-03-2013 at 06:13 PM.
    pass

Obscure Node
    Haven't played any of the other Bioshock games, but this seems pretty sweet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Personally, I found Bioshock 1 to be very underwhelming and the "twist" just served as an excuse for piss-poor pacing and no character motivation. And it was pretty funny that the technique taught in the tutorial (shock and backstab) was sufficient to beat almost the whole game. And the "moral choices" with the Little Sisters were stupid, to say the least. Maybe you had slightly less magic goo (I forgot the numbers, but it was a trivial amount) but you got so many more bonuses and perks from saving them that it wasn't even really a choice (but, it is Bioshock, so that is apparently "meta" and excusable or something).

Had no interest in 2 and Infinite's repeated delays and emphasis on AI partner just turn me off.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Had no interest in 2 and Infinite's repeated delays and emphasis on AI partner just turn me off.
    If anything, repeated delays are a good thing, because they indicate the product isn't being rushed out the door.

I liked both Bioshock 1&2 and I'd really like to play this one as well, but I'm not going to pre-order it because A) it might still suck and B) I'm stingy as fuck. If it turns out to be the Holy Grail of gaming, I'll buy it when it hits 33% off.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    If anything, repeated delays are a good thing, because they indicate the product isn't being rushed out the door.
    Just like Duke Nukem Forever? :p

Delays are a double-edged sword. They can be good if they mean more polish, but they can also be very bad if they mean redesigns because that suggests a dev team who have no idea what they are doing. From what little I have followed, it sounds like BSI's were closer to the latter than the former.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I am interested but I m not pre-ordering. Especially with all the DLC crap schemes.
    I really liked the themes in Bioschock 1-2 but I never got around to finishing them and never got the urge to pick them up again. Somehow I find the art and the worlds fascinating but I get bored with the gameplay.
    I think I ll wait for a bargain later down the line and pick it up. Also I ve yet to find the time to play SS2.

Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    I am interested but I m not pre-ordering. Especially with all the DLC crap schemes.
    I really liked the themes in Bioschock 1-2 but I never got around to finishing them and never got the urge to pick them up again. Somehow I find the art and the worlds fascinating but I get bored with the gameplay.
    I think I ll wait for a bargain later down the line and pick it up. Also I ve yet to find the time to play SS2.
    Yeah, the DLC thing is also what I'm a bit worried about. But I trust Irrational games not to have cut any content from the main game to include it as DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    Yeah I'm hugely excited for Bioshock Infinite. I pre-ordered from GMG a while back.

I liked Bioshock 1, and loved Bioshock 2 so I see no reason why I won't like this.

I've avoided most of the promotional trailers for the game so hopefully I can go in to the game blind.

Really, you preferred Bioshock 2 over 1? I couldn't get into Bioshock 2; maybe because I didn't buy it at release and only tried it like a couple of years later... not sure.

Really, you preferred Bioshock 2 over 1? I couldn't get into Bioshock 2; maybe because I didn't buy it at release and only tried it like a couple of years later... not sure.
    Mechanically, I think it is superior to the first game, that's the main reason I like it better than 1.

The combat is much more fun, with more varied weapons and weapon combos. Also, I really liked the connection your character has with Eleanor, I found it to be very moving at times.

The ending is also very satisfying too.

Yeah I'm hugely excited for Bioshock Infinite. I pre-ordered from GMG a while back.

I liked Bioshock 1, and loved Bioshock 2 so I see no reason why I won't like this.

I've avoided most of the promotional trailers for the game so hopefully I can go into the game blind.

I'll only be getting it at release if it's really good.

I didn't buy FarCry 3 and Dishonored so chances are I can live without this one as well. I didn't think Bioshock 1 and 2 were as good or revolutionary in either story or gameplay and franky I can't see this game living up to the hype, especially with so much push to preorder it.

Maybe I'll pick it up in summer sale when it is %50 off though. And if I'm wrong and it is really that good ( it isn't from what I've seen of the combat so far ) I'll buy it at full price.
    Last edited by Caddybear; 25-02-2013 at 04:26 PM.

I think Gundato adequately sums up my feelings on Bioshock 1 but I am still mildly excited for Infinite. I guess partly I am not expecting any great shakes this time around so as long as the controls aren't as floaty as in the first game then I won't be disappointed and am just hoping for a bit of a joy ride with some spectacular scenery. Still, will likely wait for it to reduce in price.

Network Hub
    I have a free code to download this from AMD. I'm more looking forward to this than I was for the others. I couldn't emphasize with the characters, maybe this will be different.

Network Hub
    Bioshock series has always captured my imagination by providing creative worlds. It's a good escape from the realism that most FPS games i play offer.
    but bioshock's downside is unfortunately its gameplay. it gets mechanical pretty fast in the game. even after playing the original game, the gameplay has lots of rooms for improvements.

Banned
    sixty bucks, ha ha

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    There are loads of things I hated about Bioshock, but Infinite looks promising. I loathed Rapture, little sisters, big daddies and binary "morality" choice that didn't matter. Good thing most of it is gone now. In my opinion Bioshock's worst fault is that it failed to be a proper System Shock spiritual successor. Even Dead Space did a better job at that for all of its flaws and limitations. This actually raises the question if System Shock was actually a great game, or was it "the experience" - Von Braun, SHODANs voice and Eric Brossius music. hahahaha blasphemy
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.