Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    What??? It's the first time I hear about this...
    Fuck this, I don't have FB and I m not gonna register an account just for some shitty DLC crap. Who the hell thought this is a good idea??
    Seems a better option than having a separate account connect in-game all the time but I guess that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    What??? It's the first time I hear about this...
    Fuck this, I don't have FB and I m not gonna register an account just for some shitty DLC crap. Who the hell thought this is a good idea??
    Everyone who enjoys playing a tie-in game for shitty DLC crap, of course.

It's nothing special anyway, they're giving you the standard in-game tat usually seen in pre-order bonuses: extra cash, and some things called the Handyman Nemesis, Sugar Rush, and Fleet Feet. You can probably figure out what they do, and you know they're not going to be essential in any way.

More info here.
    Last edited by LTK; 26-03-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Steamworks, same as everywhere.
    Oke doke.

*Waits for sale*

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    I was only able to play a couple of minutes so far but the identical faces thing mentioned in the WIT is already very visible.
    They don't look identical to me. Very similar, sure... but not identical. Of the 5 faces clear enough to seein that image, I can see differences in them all.

Anyway, I think this tweet was quite nice...

https://twitter.com/BenKuchera/statu...66202634407936
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unaco View Post
    They don't look identical to me. Very similar, sure... but not identical. Of the 5 faces clear enough to seein that image, I can see differences in them all.
    Yeah, I'm inclined to believe it's supposed to be some commentary on conformity and homogeneity. The society's based around ostracising those that are different, no?
    mickygor, Battlefield 3
    Otmer, League of Legends EUW
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Oke doke.

*Waits for sale*
    Don't be a steampunk.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    I was only able to play a couple of minutes so far but the identical faces thing mentioned in the WIT is already very visible. In fact, that's the first crowd you see in the game:

Just...why would they cut corners there?
    TBH, I didn't even notice in that scene as they were stood facing away from me and my attention was on the preacher and just trying to get into Columbia.

Probably the reason why they felt they could cut corners there.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I dont mind the faces much, but I cant fail no notice, specially the women with weird eyes and flowers hat. Shes everyone mother and wife.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Just found on a site a little cheat:
    On the title screen where you can select new game, optiones etc... press:
    UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT Esc Enter
    Of all games, Bioshock Infinite is about the last one I expected to reference the Konami Code.

Obscure Node
    Haven't played any of the other Bioshock games, but this seems pretty sweet

Grrrr.

Give me a quick save you cretins. Yes the trickier combat sequences mostly have a save point before them but when you are just out and about exploring it can be 25 minutes between save points. Ridonkulous I say.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryLippedSquid View Post
    Grrrr.

Give me a quick save you cretins. Yes the trickier combat sequences mostly have a save point before them but when you are just out and about exploring it can be 25 minutes between save points. Ridonkulous I say.
    Weird no reviews mentioned the above. I would've deducted a point from all those 10's for this issue alone.

Granted, I am the type to thoroughly explore a game world, but who in their right mind wouldn't in a world as sumptuous as this?

Yeah, I had no idea that was the case until Serenegoose mentioned it. I can't believe the WIT made absolutely no mention of it. Looking at the Eurogamer review, it has a little box with info about 1999 mode:

When you die in BioShock Infinite, you are brought back to the life but you lose some money and local enemies regain some of the health you've taken off them. One of the reasons 1999 Mode is so much more difficult than any other setting is that dying often uses up all your money and then you can't respawn, so you're sent back to the main menu and have to resume from your last autosave prior to the section where you died.
    That doesn't make any sense to me. Death means you return to the last checkpoint and you lose all your money? What the hell kind of 1999 game does that?

Apparently they're also doing away with the traditional "You died, reload" convention, just like they avoided this in the earlier Bioshocks with the Vita-Chambers. I never liked that you were essentially immortal in Bioshock because of those, but it didn't matter because I could simply choose not to use them and load a previous save instead. Hell, Bioshock 2 even gave you the option to disable Vita-Chambers outright. Why didn't they do that here? Why are they making wrong what used to be right?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post

That doesn't make any sense to me. Death means you return to the last checkpoint and you lose all your money? What the hell kind of 1999 game does that?
    The 1999 mode confuses me. Old-school wasn't only about difficulty and unfairness. I don't understand why people focus on them. Every time a game is hard people say it's old-school. It's not that simple.

I'm playing through on 1999 mode. You don't loose all money, you loose a lot of it. Also when you die most of the enemies in the area get their health restored fully. Run out of cash and its back to a checkpoint, which on some levels can peaty much mean you replay the level.
    I'm enjoying it to a degree. I feel punished for dying as opposed to the vita-chambers from the first game.

Sounds horribly grindy to me.

It possibly is if you are gungho about it. I've totally died twice thus far as so I take it cautiously in most cases and use whatever I can in the environment.
    Is ammo a problem for people not playing 1999 mode? Trying to work out if this mode makes me scavenge more.

Yep, it is.

I'm playing on normal and ammo often runs out, despite me searching every nook & cranny (trouble is, ammo is there when you don't need it, when you're full. Same with food & salt). Especially when a fireman turns up. They just eat bullets. Dread to think what's around the next corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    I'm playing through on 1999 mode. You don't loose all money, you loose a lot of it. Also when you die most of the enemies in the area get their health restored fully. Run out of cash and its back to a checkpoint, which on some levels can peaty much mean you replay the level.
    I'm enjoying it to a degree. I feel punished for dying as opposed to the vita-chambers from the first game.
    So does that mean you can always reload a checkpoint after death to avoid losing any money?