Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    I know that it was probably necessary to have all of the complex stuff, but in general I was a bit confused by the absolute mass of info I see currently. Not technically confused, just overwhelmed I suppose. I would much rather wait and read an up to date guide than trawl through a mass of information to find one needle of info I can use.

Ive no problem with the implementation when the time comes, I was just asking to make sure that guides will be addressed and posted up on top so that there is a one stop easy setup.

I also dont want to go setting anything up yet given that I see test this and test that, and several billion channels, if you see what I mean.

Once its all up and the channels are finalised im sure it will be fine.

Also, Will there be additional setup for different versions of comms, i.e. setup for normal platoon stuff/leadership roles and then separate setup for tacgir? This is one of the issues I had, Its a little confusing to have to deal with multiple slightly different systems, which is why one guide laying out how to set up all of these things sequentially would be extremely helpful and necessary as far as I can see.

On a side note: I dont mean this at all offensively, though it may come across so, but quit playing the "non native speaker" card :P.. You non native guys are far more fluent and have a broader vocabulary than a lot of people. I would go so far as to say that there are a lot of native english speakers that have a far poorer understanding of the language than many of you folks. Its not to say that I dont appreciate you trying to do the best you can with our language, but that you really dont need to worry. I hope you understand .
    Last edited by BasicPauly; 19-04-2013 at 11:25 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    zekone is consolidating it and it will be simple. I fully understand that you are overwhelmed, as were most. System will be following:

TACGIR uses TACGIR system (parent subchannel esoteric thing)
    STRATGIR uses TACGIR (parent subchannel esoteric thing)
    Normal platoon uses same as always but PL/RO in there uses same bin to talk to for example TACGIR
    Find me on the Steams

Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    zekone is consolidating it and it will be simple. I fully understand that you are overwhelmed, as were most. System will be following:

TACGIR uses TACGIR system (parent subchannel esoteric thing)
    STRATGIR uses TACGIR (parent subchannel esoteric thing)
    Normal platoon uses same as always but PL/RO in there uses same bin to talk to for example TACGIR
    Cool, but still, I guess it would make sense to wait for this guide so I dont make mistakes in setup. No sense doing things more than once.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Yeah, i can see there was a lot if info to chew through. Ridebird got it in one though. Everyone now uses the same binds.

Everyday play is split between regular mode and TACGIR, both in their own units, so TACGIR SLs can coordinate without bothering the rest. The PL of the everyday play platoon sits in one of the "PL or RO" channels and can talk to ROs of any squads currently active. PL can be in a TACGIR squad or in a regular squad, doesn't matter which.

Clear enough, I hope? You can go ahead and set up your binds now, it's all done, I believe.

As for language barriers, I agree that most of us non-English people have a pretty good grasp of the language, or we wouldn't be here. Where I sometimes find myself faltering is on matters of nuance, but I guess most native speakers without an Oxford degree do too... Anyway, no offence taken.

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Yeah, i can see there was a lot if info to chew through. Ridebird got it in one though. Everyone now uses the same binds.

Everyday play is split between regular mode and TACGIR, both in their own units, so TACGIR SLs can coordinate without bothering the rest. The PL of the everyday play platoon sits in one of the "PL or RO" channels and can talk to ROs of any squads currently active. PL can be in a TACGIR squad or in a regular squad, doesn't matter which.

Clear enough, I hope? You can go ahead and set up your binds now, it's all done, I believe.

As for language barriers, I agree that most of us non-English people have a pretty good grasp of the language, or we wouldn't be here. Where I sometimes find myself faltering is on matters of nuance, but I guess most native speakers without an Oxford degree do too... Anyway, no offence taken.
    Ok. By done do you mean the guide is up? Thought cooper wasnt available to do it till later?

The english stuff: Yeah, the thing with english though, is that even native english speakers rarely use it to its full potential. I feel that, while I have a good understanding of a good majority of the language (even im no expert in my own language) I only use my full range of english in something official anyway.. I get REALLY lazy with any other written stuff, especially for instance here on the forums, which is why I seem to get a lot of people misinterpreting my sentiment.

It doesnt bother me tbh and frankly im not going to stop just typing what I want to convey quickly and messily! You should all know it by now and I know I can come across strongly, but sometimes thats effective anyway. I type something messy and unedited that just gets the general response across without thinking about how it reads, because hey, we are all adults if something is offensive id rather explain it afterwards than try and cater to everybody with grammar. Hope that makes sense, even if its not how some of you would do it, im too lazy to give it a second thought

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    When is the next meeting? Is there one scheduled? If not, we should. I suggest Saturday, May 11th. We need to talk, dears

Next weekend is pretty good for me, and I really like these meetings. So, good initiative, I say! That last bit sounds ominous though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Yes, please.

Sat 11. Afternoon rather than evening (4pm BST? Or earlier? Not sure what time that is CEST)

Someone add it to the outfit website and I'll post it on Steam.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

OK, event added at the website, tentatively for 4 PM BST (5 PM CEST, 6 PM EEST).

Anyone to chair it? Also, Cooper, could you perhaps make me and Esoteric admins in the Steam group, so we can add training and TACGIR events?

Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    OK, event added at the website, tentatively for 4 PM BST (5 PM CEST, 6 PM EEST).

Anyone to chair it? Also, Cooper, could you perhaps make me and Esoteric admins in the Steam group, so we can add training and TACGIR events?
    Nope. Can't do.

Next time you see Coccyx online, ask him. He's still owner / admin of the group and has control over all that.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    BANG

Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I recently discovered this forum had a PS2 outfit so I thought I'd sign up. I unfortunately do not have a mic so I can't join in mumble, but I have already added the mumble server so I can listen to others. How do I go about getting an invite to the outfit? I'm not new to PS2 at all, been playing since launch. Should I just ask in mumble via text chat when I'm on? I saw quite a few people who didn't have mics in the mumble chat so I assumed I'd be fine.

Network Hub
    You might have better luck directly messaging one of us in-game, but Mumble chat may work if someone spots it.

Anyone in particular? Or just search for people using their mumble names in Planetside 2?

Yeah, basically go for the same people you see talking and seeming to be in charge of whatever is going on. Try a /tell to players of the same name in the game. And, no, this is certainly not the right place, though I frankly don't know where the right place might be right now, so don't worry about that.

Welcome!

Bump

Outift chat at 4pm BST (20 mins)

I won't be there, but I will add a Steam spam pop up.

Please post minutes here for those of us not in attendance.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Well, only 5 other people showed up, so I called it off. When is it convenient to reschedule this?

The agenda is:
    1)Logo
    See this thread for details and progress.

2)Outfit guides/guidelines
    Discussion about the outfit purpose, outfit guide, also the certification and purchases guides.

3)Training

How is that progressing? See this thread for training.

4)Comms/casual/TACGIR

State, experiences, discussion

5)New PLs/SLs/ROs
    How is promoting new people to leadership positions going? Is there anything more we need to be doing?

6)Outfit Leadership
    Cooper has suggested a reform of our ranks, a position for people that will deal mostly with the administrative tasks of the outfit, and also act as arbitrators. See this thread for more details on the proposed changes.

7)TVA/Vanu Coordination

How does everyone feel about it? Is it progressing? Suggestions, changes needed?

eh? its not 6pm yet.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    eh? its not 6pm yet.
    4pm BST is 5pm CEST (which you should be using if you're in Austria like your location said) We should really stick with a timezone when setting up meetings. Sometimes we use UTC other times we use BST, and I'm guessing people get confused about this. I don't mind it myself, i'm used to juggle with timezones, but not everyone does.
    Last edited by Ksempac; 11-05-2013 at 06:26 PM.

Oh for some reason I thought this was later one (like 19:30 BST). I think perhaps I've just confused the time of other things call to arms/training up with this, sorry.

Network Hub
    I'm in EST and work Saturday-Wednesday so generally speaking I can't make any of these things. I can speak on the training, though.

We have Eso's Facility Tour coming up TOMORROW NIGHT. The Sunday after that we're looking at a Comms instruction session by GinSoakedBoy at 7:30(I think?) UK. I'll put a post up for that one with solid details tomorrow or Monday.

I'm looking into flight training for the 26th. I get the impression that some people are afraid of pulling Galaxies because they don't want to die in a fireball with 11 other people and be blamed for it. I'd like to get that fear put to rest. I'm going to pester Ridebird, I think, but if anyone else wants to do it feel free to PM me.