Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    I love flying and I'm pretty good at it, but I don't know if I'll be a 1) online 2) a good teacher.

I would love Galaxy training.

So far I'm 50% with them : 1 crash at Warpgate (2 passengers dead), 1 successful drop (2 passengers dropped).

With the VR Training and my moderate use of Scythes, I know I can be a Gal pilot under optimal circumstances : I can take off vertically, and handle correctly in-flight (including using the "vertical boost with nose looking down" trick). What I'm really looking for is training for those awesome maneuvers you're pulling off : non-vertical landing/take off, flying low, flying under fire, etc.

You saw me pulling those off? Because RIDEBIRD is the king of galaxies, I'm not nearly as good as he is.

you = you guys who are good with galaxies. I don't remember who did every trick I saw. (I do know LtArtorious is one of them).

Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    you = you guys who are good with galaxies. I don't remember who did every trick I saw. (I do know LtArtorious is one of them).
    Artorius is also really good yeah. You have to remember though that a lot of the really nice maneuvers are a lot harder if you don't have Precision Drops 3. A stock gal can't do a few tricks those upgraded ones can.

However, I fly stock and can in general get it where it is needed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    LtArtorius volunteered to do a Galaxy piloting session yesterday, when I ran the bootcamp squad (with three other players in it). Hear with him. I know Ridebird has got a bit burned out on Planetside, and needs some time off, probably.

I had an occasion to pull Gal tonight, managed to get 3 consecutive drops with the same Gal. Pretty happy about it But yeah, training would be useful because you don't want to try a crazy maneuver when there is an important fight and people actually hoping you get them there. Actually, there are things that you don't even know you can do unless someone tells you about it.
    Last edited by Ksempac; 11-05-2013 at 10:26 PM.

actually, you know I do crazy gal flying too, and I only have precision 1. so its not that necessary, you just have to guesstimate what you do.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    actually, you know I do crazy gal flying too, and I only have precision 1. so its not that necessary, you just have to guesstimate what you do.
    Yeah, though precision helps a fair bit in making things easier, the really important thing is knowing how your Galaxy behaves in the air. Just test things out, find its limits, make your way underneath bridges and through canyons. Practice is the most important thing. Like Flying Ace Lord Flashheart says:

Lord Flashheart: Always treat your kite like you treat your woman!

George: What? do you mean take her home to meet your mother?

Lord Flashheart: No! I mean get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back!

Network Hub
    Anyone know LtArtorius' forum name so I can PM him? Or if you see him in-game can you have him get in touch with me about setting a date and objectives for flight training?

Actually I'm going to be really sad if it's just you, Orius. That would be awkward.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Just 'Artorius' isn't it?

Network Hub
    The forum's search can't find that name. I was thinking it was Orius because ArtORIUS seems close. I'll keep looking.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Guys, it's great to see such interest and initiative for training. But this thread is about outfit meetings. Please keep training related discussions in the appropriate thread. The agenda will be overlooked, and still no proposal for an appropriate date and time for the meeting.
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 13-05-2013 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkweeble View Post
    Anyone know LtArtorius' forum name so I can PM him? Or if you see him in-game can you have him get in touch with me about setting a date and objectives for flight training?

Actually I'm going to be really sad if it's just you, Orius. That would be awkward.
    Definitely isn't me, no. We both love flying galaxies, though!

Lesser Hivemind Node BasicPauly's Avatar
    Has a new date and time been decided yet? I couldnt make the last due to the time being at like 4 pm or something last time. It was still in the middle of the day, when really late evenings would seem the sensible time.

Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post

Lord Flashheart: Always treat your kite like you treat your woman!

George: What? do you mean take her home to meet your mother?

Lord Flashheart: No! I mean get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back!
    lie back and think of england!
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."