Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar

Bulletproof Bikini Time! Get the pitchforks! Oh a girl did it, never mind...

Saw this on r/planetside, at first I was ready to snort in derision at the obviously 13 year old boy who commissioned the completely out of place barely-dressed girl on the case but apparently it was a GIRL GAMER(tm) that asked for it. Does this mean the battle is over? Does John Walker have to immediately resign? I'm confused, somebody hold me.

http://imgur.com/a/Gd63M#0

no, just means that someone possibly feels inadequate.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    What you should take away from this, is that your idea that only 13 year old boys appreciate or like that style of cartoon imagery and realize that everyone, even those women folk, actually do sometimes like it. If you or John Walker actually believed for a second that only 13 year old boys like that sort of image, then you've a bit to learn.

Other than that, there's not really much her for discussion beyond you insulting someones own personal taste. Even the fact you or someone else has said "Gamer Girl(tm)" is insulting to them.

If I, you, a boy, a girl, want to get a custom built PC with a custom paint job on it, wheres the harm?

Edit - Though I don't really care for the paint job, that's a pretty swish looking case.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

I'll have you know it's 4 inches when fully ere... oh you mean her. Yeah, I can't verify what she looks like in real life but since that avatar is has anatomically impossible dimensions and is a cartoon I would guess it's not a photo.

Oh give over, this was hardly a deadly serious diatribe. But I mantain that it's tacky as hell, if people are that insecure in their tastes how is that my problem? Feel free to have an opinion on any of my likes and interests, especially the ones I put on the internet for everyone to see.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    But why does it matter if that's a photo or not?

According to the reddit thread, it's the same avatar she uses on her outfits forum/site.

If I get a custom case an image of Batman on it because I think Batman is awesome, does that mean I have to look like Batman? Cause I don't look like any sort of Batman I've ever seen. Same deal her. Her case, her choice.

I get the last time when people got annoyed that SOE used women in bikinis for advertising and then that time when they changed the character poses on the kill screen and made the female inf's look all James Bond Girly. But this? This is someones own personal taste put on their own personal machine. It has no effect on the "women in games" debate beyond showing that some women actually do like anatomically impossible dimensions on cartoon/video game women.

EDIT - Whose being insecure about their tastes?
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Where have I demanded that people can't do these things? If you get a case with Batman on it you'll get exactly the same reaction, that doesn't mean I'll begrudge you the right to do it. You can run around in a speedo too if you like, I'll put some money towards it. Doesn't mean I won't still think it's a bit daft.

I regularly have conversations with people about this game which ends with them telling me exactly what they think about shooting pretend space cowboys (it's rarely positive) but I still play it. I welcome opinions that are different to my own. Even yours.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    For once I agree with JesusPhish, obviously what you want to do with your computer case is up to you. Definitely fetish/furry elements there, so I would guess the creator is generally into that sort of thing.

But it looks terrible.

[disclaimer: this is coming from a man with a topless mermaid tattoo]

Whilst I'm not going to wade into the debate going on here, I can't get over the fact that someone's marred a pretty good looking case by not being able to draw breasts properly. I'm hoping it's just the angle, but they look weird even for not attempting to be realistic.

^ Who does not like the idea of space cowboys? Their opinions on the matter are clearly irrelevant. Also: someone needs to release a Firefly mod for Planetside. It not being moddable is but a minor issue.

I don't care if it's a dude or a girl having the almost-naked pinup on their case. Fine either way.

I just think it's ugly and detracting from an otherwise pretty nice case.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    I don't care if it's a dude or a girl having the almost-naked pinup on their case. Fine either way.

This /10char

Lesser Hivemind Node
    It is also quite different for one person to get this custom made on his/her case than if a big company releases a case like this with a whole marketing team behind it with all the extra bits and bobs to indicate this is how real men wants their cases.

Hey take moxxi she named her self after a character known as Balloon tits. It is pretty darn normal for girls to also like sexy imagery but it has nothing to do with the blatant sexism of marketing a game with bikini-babes or whatever.

Network Hub
    what the fuck is this thread

Boooobieeessss!!! :d
    She's got lots of layers, like an onion made of boobs.
    - Lilith about Moxxi
    Be my friend on Steam

This is a non-issue and not worth a thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam
    Everything is a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post

This, massively. She just looks so weird. I'm not a big fan of the pinky-ish vanu logo on the front either. But hey, it's her money. Different strokes for different folks I suppose (I'd rather spend the money on the components).

Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    Hey take moxxi she named her self after a character known as Balloon tits. .
    Come on narrow it down for me a little. Lara Croft? The dead or alive cast?

Anyway, point taken. An ill judged thread on my part. At least I have a better idea of what to get everyone for christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Come on narrow it down for me a little. Lara Croft? The dead or alive cast?
    Mad Moxxi is a character from Borderlands introduced in the Mad Moxxi's Thunderdome DLC for Borderlands 1. For reference, our madmoxxi has a Mad Moxxi Avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    Mad Moxxi is a character from Borderlands introduced in the Mad Moxxi's Thunderdome DLC for Borderlands 1. For reference, our madmoxxi has a Mad Moxxi Avatar.
    I think he was implying that "balloon tits girl" does not narrow it down in the video game world.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madmoxxi View Post
    Boooobieeessss!!! :d
    All I can say, QFT.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!