Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar

Blood Bowl 2 Teased

https://twitter.com/FocusHome/status/306343845623377920

There’s something big brewing… and it’s not Bugman’s Beer! Check out this#BloodBowl logo!pic.twitter.com/kystg43mUt
    BEBaGsHCMAAY7qt.jpg

And for those who speak French (or who can use Google translate), the game has been in development for 6 months and is due out in 2014: https://twitter.com/Cedriclag/status/306349912596029441
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    WTB a decent and informative UI for Blood Bowl.

I wish it wouldn't be as shite as the current Blood Bowl iteration of the game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I have 600 hours into Bloodbowl so far. For a total outlay (for both versions) of £13. Yes there are some bugs, but the Cyanide game is still probably the best videogame I've ever played. Or at least top 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    ... but the Cyanide game is still probably the best videogame I've ever played. Or at least top 3.
    You...ack...I...ergh...gnnn...WHAT?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    He said "he likes bloodbowl",
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I think so. Maybe World of Warcraft, or Starcraft 2 would also be up there.

You may mock but I've played 2,500 hours on Legendary, 300 hours and counting on Chaos Edition plus whatever I did in the Original and Dark Elf versions (didn't buy them on Steam so I don't know) for a total of about 1100 matches. So Blood bowl is probably my most played game ever given that I'm getting long in the tooth now and have been gaming for 15-20 years thats no small thing. The only game I think that could challenge it for total playtime is WoW and given that was a subscription MMO (and I was hopelessly addicted) the maybe £50 I've spent on various BB versions is ridiculously good value for money.

Yes the UI isn't perfect (seriously get the mod to move the end turn button) but it does the job and the underlying game itself shows the amount of time GW spent balancing out all the races/skills.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    All the allure of Blood Bowl is in the board game, and the ability to be able to play it online. Well, that's not entirely true - I do really like most of Cyanide's character designs and animations, and the menu music is fantastic. I even love the overwhelming roar of the crowd when you near the end zone...

For all its faults, if I couldn't play it online I wouldn't be able to play it at all. So I am happy it's here, and happier than I was a couple of months ago when it seemed Cyanide's support for the game was drying up and the future less certain.

It's my second most played game on Steam, which is kind of awesome since I've only had it on Steam since the release of Chaos Edition. I'd rate it very highly, even if much of that praise is based on the likeness and virtues of the board game.

Or to put it another way, I don't have time for other awesome games (like Dark Souls, Skyrim or GW2 (extra grumble)) because I prefer Blood Bowl.
    Last edited by Screwie; 27-02-2013 at 10:58 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah. I have Dishonoured, Far Cry 3, Saints Row 3 and several others sitting unplayed at the moment, because Blood Bowl.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    If more board games where done like blood bowl and had a good video game counter part, I'd never play anything else and probably wouldn't leave the house much.

As much as people give out about blood bowl being unfair or too much dice rolling, the video game is a perfect representation of the board game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    If you find bloodbowl unfair, or too based on luck? You haven't sacrificed enough. Silver daggers seem to yield the best results. Classy without being garish, bare hands an accessible alternative seems to improve armour breaks mostly, avoid goats.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

That we all love the Cyanide version of the game is a testament to how much we all love the game itself (made by GW), despite the flaws that Cyanide introduced.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    That we all love the Cyanide version of the game is a testament to how much we all love the game itself (made by GW), despite the flaws that Cyanide introduced.
    This pretty much sums it up for me.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    My comment was aimed exactly at the "small" detail that Everblue was talking about the Cyanide game and not BB itself. Therefore I compared it on basis of its qualities as a computer game, which are pretty poor in my opinion. However I agree that BB is a good game and that I don't regret having spent some time with it.

My comment was aimed exactly at the "small" detail that Everblue was talking about the Cyanide game and not BB itself. Therefore I compared it on basis of its qualities as a computer game, which are pretty poor in my opinion. However I agree that BB is a good game and that I don't regret having spent some time with it.
    Wait, you don't like an UI straight from 90s, poorly optimized and buggy code, and some very strange and overlooked design aspects? Colour me surprised.

In any case, it will be interesting to see how closely the new game will resmble the tabletop original. I mean, Cyanide had an eternity to make notes about bugs and missing features, so surely they'll make it right on the second (or fifth?) try.

In any case, it will be interesting to see how closely the new game will resmble the tabletop original. I mean, Cyanide had an eternity to make notes about bugs and missing features, so surely they'll make it right on the second (or fifth?) try.
    Or then they just fill the game with their own homebrew teams...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    It was rather cruel of them to announce the game and no other details...

I wonder if the new game will see some kind of F2P/microtransaction model? Maybe you only pay for the teams or star players you want to use? The latter I could get behind - star players are exactly the right kind of bite-size content that could be released piecemeal.