Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    You mean, like in a tabletop game? :) I thought the point of a PC version of tabletop games was that you can do away with the costly plastic trash.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    It was rather cruel of them to announce the game and no other details...
    I wonder if they are being so scant on detail because it is really Chaos League 2 rather than BB2. That they kept real time in the game despite not updating it to handle the BB skills strongly suggested they wanted to return to it once they had satisfied the terms of their settlement with GW.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    I wonder if they are being so scant on detail because it is really Chaos League 2 rather than BB2. That they kept real time in the game despite not updating it to handle the BB skills strongly suggested they wanted to return to it once they had satisfied the terms of their settlement with GW.
    The image clearly states "Blood Bowl II". So, yeah.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Every single version under the BB1 banner has included a broken version of Chaos League. Chaos League’s amalgamation with BB is well established at this point. It also happens to be the one part of the game with room for significant enough changes to adopt a 2 rather than continuing the pattern of expansion.

Well, according to Wikipedia/Gamespot* UK Games Workshop owns the title "Chaos League" and has apparently announced that there are no plans to make another CL game. Even if Cyanide had acquired the license from GW, why would they not choose to use the existing and popular ruleset of BB and instead opt to breathe life into a dead brand?

*Very possible that these sources are not up to date. If anyone has more recent information, please do post sources.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Chaos League was a Cyanide game; it actually provides the foundation of BB. However GW decided it infringed on their IP and took legal action. The resulting settlement led to Cyanide making BB.

You shouldn’t lose sight of the fact that Chaos League was the game Cyanide wanted to make. They obviously pushed to get permission to continue with it under the new BB banner. It isn’t a great leap to imagine the terms of the settlement were make the board game then return to Chaos League once finished.

BB is basically finished. Yes it isn't 100% complete but in terms of using the existing brand they have pretty much milked it dry. The last remaining avenue is to use the name to try and relaunch the real time mode.

I'm still hoping for a hot seat league/tournament mode of some sorts, but it never seems too likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    Chaos League was a Cyanide game; it actually provides the foundation of BB. However GW decided it infringed on their IP and took legal action. The resulting settlement led to Cyanide making BB.
    Yeah, that's what I linked above. Not sure how they "obviously pushed to get permission to continue with it under the new BB banner", do you've got a source for that? What I take from the article is that GW bought the title "Chaos League" and discontinued the brand. As it is right now, BB has pretty much replaced CL.

Furthermore, I think that Cyanide could still make a pretty penny out of the existing BB rules if they somehow managed to get their act together and implement the rules closer to what FUMBBL did, i.e. with all races, extra inducements, more than a couple of Star Players. Real time mode has bombed quite hard I believe, so I don't think they'll focus on that any further.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Walrus View Post
    Or then they just fill the game with their own homebrew teams...
    I'd be all over a Tzeentch team with a no hands bulldozer in the disc and splitting Horrors(and I suppose budget price Wizard are thematic).

Or a Breton team with some knights suffering grail questing mngs with no warning or need for injury, on the bright side some free spp with a marginal risk of death or injury.

Independant Hobgoblin, with plentiful stab players in their skilled rogues and slave monsters (who need prodding) providing the muscle.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Oh, and we appear to be getting a Blood Bowl Manager as well: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...game-announced

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Isn't Blood Bowl already a Blood Bowl manager game?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I wonder if we are seeing hints of the BB2 UI's style here.

Also what form the replay mode will take, if they decided against showing it in any of those screenshots?

But good god, that first screen is making my head ache. The symbols are almost all wrong. Ogre symbol for Chaos, Goblin for Skaven, HIGH ELF for Dwarf! How do they mess that up??

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shar_ds View Post
    Oh, and we appear to be getting a Blood Bowl Manager as well: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...game-announced
    It's a free-to-play online PC game set for release on PC, Mac and tablets in the second quarter of 2013 - so from April to June.
    In-App Purchases ho!

Quote Originally Posted by Shar_ds View Post
    Good grief, that looks awful.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Interesting, i wonder if it wi be like blood bowl team manager the card game, which is pretty good

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Not sure how they "obviously pushed to get permission to continue with it under the new BB banner", do you've got a source for that?
    What you mean besides the fact that it is in the game? The point that you seem to be missing is BB real time mode is Chaos League.

Real time bombed because it doesnít work anymore. It hasnít yet been updated to support BB skills properly and that should tell you something. Chaos league was quite popular in its day and there is arguably a much larger potential audience for that game than a faithful TT recreation. BB players donít want real time but gamers in general?

Prior to the TGS tournament I would've agreed with you Zoraster, but given that seems to be pretty popular I'd be amazed if Cyanide didn't include a proper turn-based mode at least as good (...) as what we have now. Whether they introduce any meaningful improvements is another question, after all there's not really much left - bug fixes, couple of teams, lots of star players, special play cards which I imagine would be a nightmare to code. Moar graphics on their own aren't going to be worth much.

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Interesting, i wonder if it wi be like blood bowl team manager the card game, which is pretty good
    Probably unlikely as Fantasy Flight Games are the ones producing the card game, which has an expansion out soon, so I'd be surprised if they'd let that go or detract from their upcoming release. Which is a shame as I agree the card game is pretty good, played it a few times at a local boardgame club and it's now on my list to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    If you find bloodbowl unfair, or too based on luck? You haven't sacrificed enough. Silver daggers seem to yield the best results. Classy without being garish, bare hands an accessible alternative seems to improve armour breaks mostly, avoid goats.
    It helps that around my area there are a lot of stray cats...

*ahem* there were a lot of stray cats, rather.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Well the Star Coach game is on Steam's early access now, and Youtube BB guy cKnoor had a play of the open beta: