Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arma 3 alpha.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar

Arma 3 alpha.

So.
    The Alpha.

Where, when, and how many?

As in, will we have some MP sessions in this alpha? I do plan on buying the Digital Deluxe edition, so I will have 3 invites ready as well.

Despite not really playing ArmA any more, I'm oddly tempted to get in on this.

The website led me to suspect that alpha invitees don't get access to the MP stuff, though - only those who buy something.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Hm when I saw this, I thought 'I m getting this'. Then I remembered I just got BF3 and haven't had much time to play it yet. Despite all this and also having stopped playing ArmaII I think I will get it. Just not sure if it's straight away. But if I get it anyway, I might as well do it sooner than later...

The big question is: will it be playable before beta or release???

The invites are for Lite version only, so no MP or moddding.

Just FYI, Folk ARPS isn't going to switch-over its main sessions to ArmA 3 when the alpha comes out. However, we do plan to run a regular session (on Saturdays) to see what the new game offers, and understand how we can prepare the necessary content / stuff to make a smooth switch-over later in the year (assuming everything runs to plan with ArmA 3's release).

More details here: http://www.folkarps.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=668

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    Hm when I saw this, I thought 'I m getting this'. Then I remembered I just got BF3 and haven't had much time to play it yet. Despite all this and also having stopped playing ArmaII I think I will get it. Just not sure if it's straight away. But if I get it anyway, I might as well do it sooner than later...
    I kinda feel the same way. Other shooters, like Tribes and Battlefield 3, are taking up most of my time these days, but there is nothing like an old-fashioned ARMA session once in a while. After all, playing the game once a week is not really going to subtract anything from your Battlefield experience anyways, as all the rounds are just 30 minute sessions.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    I kinda feel the same way. Other shooters, like Tribes and Battlefield 3, are taking up most of my time these days, but there is nothing like an old-fashioned ARMA session once in a while. After all, playing the game once a week is not really going to subtract anything from your Battlefield experience anyways, as all the rounds are just 30 minute sessions.
    Yeah that's true.

Just FYI, Folk ARPS isn't going to switch-over its main sessions to ArmA 3 when the alpha comes out. However, we do plan to run a regular session (on Saturdays) to see what the new game offers, and understand how we can prepare the necessary content / stuff to make a smooth switch-over later in the year (assuming everything runs to plan with ArmA 3's release).

More details here: http://www.folkarps.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=668
    Hi fer, thanks for the update!

Obscure Node
    I'm definitely getting ArmA 3 Alpha, the regular one. Looks pretty cool so far, even if we are limited to 12 or more weapons and 8+ vehicles on Stratis. I hope someone makes Crazy Race for it again. Also, I hope one of the first two multiplayer scenarios is Warfare 2.0.

Obscure Node
    Long time RPS reader but first time on the forums. I think that Arma 3 looks pretty sweet. I never played Arma 1 or 2 mostly because until January I hadn't had a computer for gaming in years. I think i will give it a try, but if someone wants to throw me one of their additional alpha keys that would be great.

Obscure Node
    Hi.I haven't been around for a while due to working weird shifts.A regular Arma 3 thing on Saturday sounds great,as i cant make Sunday and Tuesday anymore.Count me in!
    I will be hitting the mission making again,so a A3 folk Orbat would be cool.

Dslyecxi has put up the first A3 videos!
    Even though I can safely assume this won't be playable on my machine, I'm still sick with excitement.

Also:

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Makes me feel homesick watching it. Points deducted for the lack of topless sunbathing tourists...

But look at the skivvies! I need never fight in trousers again!

Obscure Node
    Dslyecxi has a new video out: Gear & Weapons Customization Overview

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Copied from the main forums:

Not sure if the RPS server is still up but we should organize a 'testing' night maybe tomorrow night? (Assuming steam servers are going to get hammered in about a couple of hours)

Edit: Aaaaaaaaaaand the store site is down...

Yet more from Dslyecxi

Lesser Hivemind Node
    They really pay attention to details. Those old village houses are exactly like the real life ones...

@kataras - hop onto the Folk ARPS Skype perma-chat (click to auto-join if logged-in to Skype) and you'll already find people with A3 Alpha; should be plenty of ad hoc sessions happening in the next few days. More announcements on FA and ArmA 3 in the FA forums.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by fer View Post
    @kataras - hop onto the Folk ARPS Skype perma-chat (click to auto-join if logged-in to Skype) and you'll already find people with A3 Alpha; should be plenty of ad hoc sessions happening in the next few days. More announcements on FA and ArmA 3 in the FA forums.
    thanks Fer, I will!

Obscure Node
    Its caught my eye to say the least. Has anyone got a key the can kindly please?
    Apologies if this isn't the place to ask.