Page 17 of 253 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-topic

Quote Originally Posted by BasicPauly View Post
    Im confused. Why am I "sooo" creepy :|

Should I take offence at that without any reasoning? Sorry if i've come across creepy, but idk what you're referring to?
    You're guilty of taking Moxxi seriously there. That and the scary staring eyes on your PS2 character.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Feldspar View Post
    You're guilty of taking Moxxi seriously there. That and the scary staring eyes on your PS2 character.
    Yeah maybe, but I don't think anybody wants to be called a creep .

i am so so sorry Pauly! it was suppose to sound funny but i realize now that writing irony is stupid and reading irony is hard.
    i don't think anyone is a creep, or creepy at all. it was suppose to be funny and it wasn't. i really do from the bottom of my heart apologize...

giraffe-hug-thumb18007427.jpg

seriously i am sorry
    You need me again, sweet lips?
    Be my friend on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Im confused. Why am I "sooo" creepy :|
    Pauls are always creepy.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Quote Originally Posted by madmoxxi View Post
    Giraffe Hug ftw
    Planetside2: Noggachomp

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    We all play a game where we run around in giraffe coloured spandex. Only if we formed a rock band could we all be less creepy.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

who says we're not in rock bands and wear spandex?
    Planetside2: Noggachomp

Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    Pauls are always creepy.
    Now now, no need to drag me into this. I think you'll find I'm not creepy... much
    ARMA, Planetside 2 - Lynche (The 'e' is silent)
    Steam, PS3, Minecraft - Safilpope

i wasnt....
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madmoxxi View Post
    i am so so sorry Pauly! it was suppose to sound funny but i realize now that writing irony is stupid and reading irony is hard.
    i don't think anyone is a creep, or creepy at all. it was suppose to be funny and it wasn't. i really do from the bottom of my heart apologize...

giraffe-hug-thumb18007427.jpg

seriously i am sorry
    In that case, no harm done and really no need to apologise! I just wasnt sure if I had done something, because I tend to type a lot of crap without really reading it back too much.. who knows. Anyway, we can totally laugh about it now without me thinking ive done something :3. Never mind!

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    i wasnt....
    Not sure if trolling or serious, but whatever you want to think.

Don't mind Quanta, he's not even meant to be here today.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by laldy View Post
    Currently reading a book about the battle of the Imjin River (Korea 1951). Interesting point re tanks and hills:

The Brits were using their Centurion tanks (new at the time, and still considered "Top Secret"). The Centurion had bare steel tracks and a manual gearbox. The American tanks had rubber track blocks and an automatic gearbox. The Cenurions could climb hills by dropping into 1st gear, but the American automatic gearboxes resulted in them " coming back down the hill sliding sideways or backwards".
    Yes, I believe a Black Prince (A43?, reverse of the Comet[A34]) was also used there. Or so a mate of mine is convinced. He had seen documents that stated the specific ammunition was shipped there.

I dont know if you know it, but a A43 is the unholy mating of the Comet Turret(77mm[well 76.something] ammunition, Firefly[Sherman VC] based gun in a [Lengthend]Cromwell chassis) with the Churchill hull(ugly hull).

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    Yes, I believe a Black Prince (A43?, reverse of the Comet[A34]) was also used there. Or so a mate of mine is convinced. He had seen documents that stated the specific ammunition was shipped there.

I dont know if you know it, but a A43 is the unholy mating of the Comet Turret(77mm[well 76.something] ammunition, Firefly[Sherman VC] based gun in a [Lengthend]Cromwell chassis) with the Churchill hull(ugly hull).
    The book I'm reading, "To the Last Round" by Andrew Salmon, refers to Cromwells being there. In fact, the first tank kill by a Centurion was a captured Cromwell

I cannot find any reference to the black prince variant ever seeing combat.
    Last edited by laldy; 09-04-2013 at 04:49 PM.

I can never read the name Cromwell without some bile. The thought of many Cromwell's is terrifying.

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    There were Cromwell's there? I suppose only as CS tanks? I cannot phantom the Cromwell winning any fight against a Late 1940's Sovjet armour. Well maybe a few early leftover tankette's but other then that, not really. Wasnt it mostly T-34's in Korea?

In that case, no harm done and really no need to apologise! I just wasnt sure if I had done something, because I tend to type a lot of crap without really reading it back too much.. who knows. Anyway, we can totally laugh about it now without me thinking ive done something :3. Never mind!
    <3

You need me again, sweet lips?
    Be my friend on Steam

There were Cromwell's there? I suppose only as CS tanks? I cannot phantom the Cromwell winning any fight against a Late 1940's Sovjet armour. Well maybe a few early leftover tankette's but other then that, not really. Wasnt it mostly T-34's in Korea?
    They were primarily used in a recon role.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hmm interesting. Daimlers were not suitable enough for the Korean terrain I suppose.

Hmm interesting. Daimlers were not suitable enough for the Korean terrain I suppose.
    Wheeled vehicles were very restricted in Korea, and only really usable on the "roads".

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Speaking of Korea, anyone getting swept up in the recent sensationalism should be required to look at this picture;

The bit with the white border is North Korea. A country with street lighting less extravagant than the middle ages isn't super threatening unless it actually is the middle ages. They have no fuel, no resources for manoeuvres, no combat experience since the 50's and a shitload of Russian tanks which were obsolete around the 70's. That they can't possibly fill since they have no fuel. Take away nukes and south korea's military would take them single handedly and probably quicker than we did Iraq.

Oh, I was just going to post an interesting picture but I went off on one a bit there. Love you bye!