Page 25 of 286 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-topic

7101988_460s.jpg

Panda...
    Almost as awesome as giraffe
    She's got lots of layers, like an onion made of boobs.
    - Lilith about Moxxi
    Be my friend on Steam

arent you supposed to be sleeping?

also, if you miss sleep that much, you seriously chose the wrong job.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    So last week I was away again. On thursday I was in Edinburgh. Theres a lot of things I could have taken pictures of but I'm desensitised to touristy stuff by now.

One thing did catch my eye though.

What the fuck is going on here? I've seen these sign guys on other streets, directing people to stuff maybe 500 yards away, but whos this one for?

I wrote it off as a unique quirk to Edinburgh, but the next day in Dublin I see this;

Presumably the girl with the pink hair is saying;

"Excuse me, do you know where I can find a Tolteca Mexican restaurant?"

Are we still in a recession? Because I feel like we can probably cut these guys and still turn a profit.

Network Hub
    We have some of that in Boston but it's usually guys with a "going out of business" sign directing you to look left or right. These guys have got to be pretty nervous knowing they could literally be replaced by a particularly stiff pile of dog crap. Holding a sign is not what I'd call a skilled profession.

Having lived in Edinburgh for most of my life, I don't even look at that as strange anymore. I didn't even see anything wrong until you explained it
    ARMA, Planetside 2 - Lynche (The 'e' is silent)
    Steam, PS3, Minecraft - Safilpope

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    arent you supposed to be sleeping?

also, if you miss sleep that much, you seriously chose the wrong job.
    i can not sleep the hole time, and yes i might have. but i love it!
    plus i wont be working like that later on. there is a bit of a difference between a oncological "reception" and thorax "section".
    the job i will have the whole summer on the reception (couldn't find a better word...) will be Monday-Friday 8-17 (Fri, 8-15) and now i work 7-16 or 13-21 or 21-7, everyday, any day of the week.
    - Lilith about Moxxi
    Be my friend on Steam

those times arent that bad actually. I was going to type something about if you ever choose to get pregnant, youll get more time off as a nurse than in any other job due to risk factor, but that might be just in austria as Ive heard of crap social security in sweden. (not counting unemployment benefits)
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

those times arent that bad actually. I was going to type something about if you ever choose to get pregnant, youll get more time off as a nurse than in any other job due to risk factor, but that might be just in austria as Ive heard of crap social security in sweden. (not counting unemployment benefits)
    i almost wrote i will never become pregnant but i dont know that...
    anyways, i dont like working those times. i want to get up in the morning and come home having the whole evening together with wardancers. coming home at 21 sucks. i take a shower, eat something and falls asleep for like 6hours and then back to work at 7... no thank you...
    gonna study some more, become a school-nurse and live happily ever after
    - Lilith about Moxxi
    Be my friend on Steam

Didnt at all imply you should. I really hate people that nag on about either OMG Y U NO HAEV CHILDRENS or OMG U HAEV CHILDRENS. Just noted that it was the best job to do so

Just like people assume you have to love children. Everyone, at all times.

I say no, its ok to hate children. Just love your own children if you have any, thats more than enough. Either way, enough about that subject.

I might be making a trip to stockholm this year. Probably not may, but possibly. That means I will be making stops in göteborg and stockholm. calls for a meeting of giraffes ;D

oh and possibly gävle, but dont ask me why o_O
    - Tom De Roeck.

Didnt at all imply you should. I really hate people that nag on about either OMG Y U NO HAEV CHILDRENS or OMG U HAEV CHILDRENS. Just noted that it was the best job to do so

Just like people assume you have to love children. Everyone, at all times.

I say no, its ok to hate children. Just love your own children if you have any, thats more than enough. Either way, enough about that subject.

I might be making a trip to stockholm this year. Probably not may, but possibly. That means I will be making stops in göteborg and stockholm. calls for a meeting of giraffes ;D

oh and possibly gävle, but dont ask me why o_O
    Stockholm, Göteborg or Gävle is not even close to me and Wardancers... so it is a no for us (me).

I don't like annoying kids... (make sense?) i don't have any and i do not want any right now. i did work with kids as a preschool teacher when i was 18-19... hated it! good money tho but no thank you!
    i am a horrible person, the best thing i know is kids hurting themselves. you know like Americas funniest homevideos and stuff.

- Lilith about Moxxi
    Be my friend on Steam

I meant it when I said its ok to hate kids. as long as you dont encourage them to get hurt all is fine.

youre a nurse, you have to get used to injury anyway
    - Tom De Roeck.

I don't mind kids. I've been a cub scout leader (ages 7-11) for like 7 years. Sometimes they're annoying but you can tune them out easily.

But I think younger kids are annoying though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    My girlfriend hates kids, I'm merely afraid of them. I would say I'm paedophobic but it sounds way too much like that other thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I dont care for them at all. Although my mate and his girlfriend want kids. So I can just watch them every now and then, take them to a zoo and other cool stuff and drop them off all hyped at the parents and let them deal with the aftermath. I think its a brilliant plan, reaping the benefits and disregarding any disadvantages.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    I don't mind kids. I've been a cub scout leader (ages 7-11) for like 7 years. Sometimes they're annoying but you can tune them out easily.

But I think younger kids are annoying though.
    there is a CLEAR difference between being a cub scout leader and a preschoolteacher.... i have done both... BIIIIG difference!
    - Lilith about Moxxi
    Be my friend on Steam

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    My girlfriend hates kids, I'm merely afraid of them. I would say I'm paedophobic but it sounds way too much like that other thing.

Probably wise:
    Paediatrician attack: 'people don't want no paedophiles here'

youre a nurse, you have to get used to injury anyway
    She can make sure the only disinfectant is nasty old Iodine. MadMoxxi the school nurse, may her reign of terror be long and horrible.

(get the little buggers good)
    Planetside2: Noggachomp

Working with kids can be great, but it depends on context. I worked at a BBC thing in Glasgow in February where I just got to dress up as an astronaut and amaze kids with vitamin C rocket things, quite simply the best job ever. But today I had to treat a kid for a suspected spinal, I don't envy the doctors and nurses I send them off to
    ARMA, Planetside 2 - Lynche (The 'e' is silent)
    Steam, PS3, Minecraft - Safilpope

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckde View Post
    She can make sure the only disinfectant is nasty old Iodine. MadMoxxi the school nurse, may her reign of terror be long and horrible.

(get the little buggers good)
    mmmm.... terror...
    i will treat my kids like they are in the underdome
    - Lilith about Moxxi
    Be my friend on Steam