Page 45 of 220 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-topic

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Hmm yea, during the Swedish Smorgasbord in the Eurovision interval I was struck by just how similar Brits are to Swedes. Just a shame they're taxed to the hilt and their emotions are betrayed by their policies, they might have made top of my list of countries to emigrate to should I feel the need.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Not sure if people saw this. I'm guessing it was a part of the Eurovision spectacle, but I'm not sure since I didn't watch it. I'd like to share it anyway.
    1 min in is a fairly accurate portrayal of Rock Planet Shotgun doing middle of the day ops.

The stuff about film/TV lighting and depth of field vs what you expect to see in a photo is actually really interesting. Contemporary film/TV tends to use extremely selective/small depth of field and hugely directed lighting to show exactly what the cinematographer wants - it definitely has a character of it's own. So much artificial stuff goes on behind apparently natural shots, there is a huge gap between what we accept as natural on a cinema screen vs real life. Anyway, I know borderline nothing about it, just got really intrigued reading about three point lighting one time.

i always sucked at lightin. i pay people to do that for me.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    It's one of those things that generally only gets noticed when done badly, which is a shame for great dps but good for people working on the syfy channel.

oh its one of the single most important things.

Without proper lighting, you can throw the camera away.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Just saw the Xbox one reveal on eurogamer. Most people are talking about how ps4 is the obvious choice, all I'm thinking is I'm going to be playing a lot more pc games next gen. Quite uninspiring from both sides but Microsoft properly fucked it up.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Just saw the Xbox one reveal on eurogamer. Most people are talking about how ps4 is the obvious choice, all I'm thinking is I'm going to be playing a lot more pc games next gen. Quite uninspiring from both sides but Microsoft properly fucked it up.
    I'm guessing they're aiming at prestige thing though, while WII was fun and gamey, this they'll try to look respectable any rich family required to have thing. Bet it'll cost over 700$
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't cost $700 but instead was sold for about $2-300 and a subscription with a menu of add ons. You'll sign up for a two year subscription that will give you the xboxone, cloud storage and xbox live. Then you can probably roll in your netflix, hulu, hbo, spotify, whatever nfl are going to do subscriptions into one and pay them all through that.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

please dont let the xbox discussion infect offtopic PS2. theres a thread in the "other stuff" forums for that.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Sorry, I thought this was just offtopic for the sub community itself. the RPS general forums might as well be a different site completely to me. Ah well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    My intention (as OP) was for this thread to be an off topic thread for the RPS Planetside community, so talk whatever rubbish you want, so long as it's decent. Relax the moderation, will you, Quanta? There are many here who don't read the rest of the forums, myself included for the most part.

Talking about the NextBox is borderline material surely, though. /jk

oh it is, just talk about it is getting on my nerves already. its saturating all my feeds so to say.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

If people can discuss Daft Punk, movies and lighting for television and photographs, I don't see anything wrong with talking about the xXbXoXxOxNxEx (I apologise to your eyes), in the off topic thread.

Like Jag said, the rest of the forum is alien to him, although I welcome you to join us out there, we don't bite and we have lots of comical characters you'll never get to see in here.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

what, just because Im a mod, it means that every request is a command or what?

I dislike the XBOX with infinite amounts of hatred, cant I ask him to not talk about it? It doesnt mean he has to comply or anything.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post

I dislike the XBOX with infinite amounts of hatred.
    I c wat u did there.

What did it do to garner so much vitriol though? Did balmer kill your sensei? The worst thing about pc gaming is youre only as good as your rig. If you can say anything positive about the console scene its that yeah, we are using underpowered overpriced hardware, but we are in it together. Like world war 2 or a recession.

Gotta be honest though the first comment sounded moddy. Im always complaining that people cant tell the difference between my tones so should have known you were being dry as opposed to official.

Cest la vie

BANNED FOR LIFE.

anyway, ill be at rezzed. you?

as for the xbox, its more the people it attracts that I hate. it has this weird macho image.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

I can see that but theres not a lot else console-wise, id be a playstation man it it werent for thay piece of shit controller that is unworkable for fps games.

I wont be at rezzed, but only because my own kind terrify me. I saw dopefish's coverage of minecon and if rezzed is anything like that I dont think I could handle the awkwardness. Anyone been before? Id hate to compare it to something as insipid as a minecraft convention without evidence.

Network Hub
    Rezzed at Brighton was very nice, lovely atmosphere.

I don't think any con could be as bad as minecon.

Steam ID