Page 76 of 188 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 3754

Thread: Off-topic

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    After seeing the freedom that jenova chen was allowed on ps3 and seemingly limitless dev time (how long was it between flower and journey?), I wouldnt feel too bad selling out to sony if I was an indy dev. Definitely happier than going microsoft anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Im trying to get my game sold on gog.com. am I teh evul now?
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Pretty sure most people hold gog in even higher regard than the previously unassailable steam. No drm makes peoples willies very hard indeed.

But this is all moot, you're obviously evil anyway.
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

true enough. I just like GOG because they dont give a shit about piracy, just like me.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

So here I am in my friends flat, alone and nervous to death! Tomorrow I will do my exam. 4hours or so. Hopefully I'll pass. Wish me luck!
    Nighty night.
    You need me again, sweet lips?
    Be my friend on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Good luck!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    Im trying to get my game sold on gog.com. am I teh evul now?
    Not really unless GoG paid you a ton of money to not sell to anyone else except them. That is what happens to many many so called "indie" games on the consoles now. MS and Sony are racing hard to buy exclusive rights to them.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Hipster? Ouch, that hurts. Especially Since I never played Esther or eve heard about their new game until it was revealed as a PS4 exclusive. So I really do not give a rats ass about that particular game, what pissed me off is watching the conferences where MS and Sony go about talking about how awesome exclusives they got (well the games are already on PC most of the time so they just got the console exclusive) and try to make it sound like it is because their "indie" program is the shiznitz when they pretty much just coughed up money for it. Just cannot see the "indie" devs actually winning here, gamers sure as hell aren't.

Indie is not having a publisher, but just like Indie-pop it is turning into some kind of genre instead.

Edit: It is also funny to see all the bashing MS gets over their indie support when they were the ones who spearheaded the indie market for consoles while Sony was all "we don't want ugly games on our console!".

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Sorry, that came across wrong. I'm not calling you a hipster, rather saying what you typed there sounded like something a hipster would say.

Again I'll point at Bungie. Before MS bought them out, they where indie and published their own games, including some RTS, FPS and a clone of Pong. Halo was originally a 3rd person shooter designed for Windows. MS came along and offered Bungie enough money for them to turn it into the Xbox's flagship game. Now look at Bungie. Indie to Major developer off the back of hard work and support from Microsoft.

Another example is Naughty Dog, who where indie too until around the time Crash Bandicoot was being made. They showed it to Sony, Sony published it and then bought Naughty Dog before the launch of the PS2 to produce games for them. Naughty Dog are probably the most successful and well recognized developers for Sony and are probably worth a fortune because of it.

The Chineseroom if they work hard enough at it could possibly become the next Bungie or Naughty Dog, and they're not going to do that by being PC indie darlings.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Done. Home. Sleep. Now. Tired. ZzzzZzzzzZzzzzZzzzzz....
    You need me again, sweet lips?
    Be my friend on Steam

Jesus are you sure you have the halo story correct? Iirc it was going to be the start of a new wave of mac games (sure theres a video that someone posted not too long ago with steve jobs introducing some alpha footage) until bill gates stole it for the xbox. So bungie was everyones bitch a long time before moving to microsoft.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    It was for windows and mac, it was shown closed doors at e3 before being announced at macworld in '99. They where nobodies bitch before being bought by Microsoft, publishing most of their games themselves. Of course back then publishing your own game meant burning it to a cd and going down to the local copy shop to print cd inlays.

They saw their chance at being and doing something big and took it. And it worked, so good for them. Same could happen here and I hope it does.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Yeah after I said iirc I looked at wikipedia and found that I didnt rc very much at all.

That said, I love the post microsoft strategy of bungie. Microsoft very graciously lets them go do anything they want, after a decade of making the same scifi fps over and over for a monolithic, faceless publisher. And what do they do?

Go make a scifi fps.

For activision!

If you ever played a lot of Oblivion, Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, LA Noire, Fallout 3 or The Walking Dead, aaand you are a fan of tongue-in-cheek humor then i highly recommend you watch this youtube playlist. The list is back to front in terms of order uploaded, so if you want a proper journey and for it to get funnier as you go along i also recommend starting from the bottom. Great way to kill time at work!
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

gog told me my game probably wont make it on gog because "a game with not much gameplay is not what gog customers want".

I think I have the same amount of gameplay as botanicula, though my "puzzles" are story in nature, not mechanical. HM!

that being said, I told him it was an interactive story, and he hadnt seen a build of it yet.

ERREUR!

also, wardancers and me want to do some proper BF3 gaming. wed only need 8 players.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Obscure Node
    I finally got around to getting a graphics card, so my current computer hardware is an Intel i5 3570k processor and an AMD Radeon HD 7850 graphics card. The switch from integrated graphics to a discrete card is utterly amazing. I had been playing Planetside on the lowest graphical settings until now, and with the settings bumped up to high I'm now realising just how beautiful this game can be sometimes.

gog told me my game probably wont make it on gog because "a game with not much gameplay is not what gog customers want".

I think I have the same amount of gameplay as botanicula, though my "puzzles" are story in nature, not mechanical. HM!

that being said, I told him it was an interactive story, and he hadnt seen a build of it yet.

ERREUR!

also, wardancers and me want to do some proper BF3 gaming. wed only need 8 players.
    I enjoyed bf3, a blast from the past might be fun, NO METRO tho
    Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Okay, I might be up for that. God knows how I'm going to get enough space on disk for the install, though...

yeah, for me, the premium version actually added like 8 gigs more.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Anyone got any good dynamic dns service recommendations? Prefer free, but a small fee is acceptable.