Page 99 of 193 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 3859

Thread: Off-topic

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Star Citizen - I like the idea, understand why they would need a lot of funding to produce a game of that scope and detail. But they are now massively exceeding the funding they initially asked for, mostly due (as far as I can tell) to exceedingly slick promotion and the ability for backers to buy shiny things which they can play with immediately. Hopefully all the stuff they are now sticking on, being developed by other studios etc. will be successful and not get in the way of making an awesome core game.
    I'm a huge fan of Freespace 2 and its assorted mods and modscene. There's lots of people that want a good space game in that style and outside of them no one is actually making it. I guess that's why it's so popular.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Survey Dave View Post
    What kind of hip-hop do y'all listen to?
    Erm. Not sure if seriously wondering or trolling. I do not listen to hip-hop.

Note that I don't really disparage you for it, if you do, it's just not ma thang, dawg.

Source:
    http://www.gizoogle.net/

I quote:
    Amazon, tha ghetto's phattest online retailer, is testin unmanned drones ta serve up loot ta hustlas, Chief Executizzle Jeff Bezos say.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    So we don't leave the poor guy hanging, I do listen to hip hop.

Black star / talib kweli / mos def before he went all preachy
    Immortal technique
    Wiley
    Almost all 90s west coast stuff because its hilarious
    Nwa
    Ice t before he became an MLG cod player
    Public enemy
    Beastie boys

Pretty broad really, I don't have time to go looking for underground stuff, because that would involve talking to the hipsters of hip hop. And there's nothing worse than a hip hop hipster, joyous alliteration aside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Beastie boys
    While I don't listen to much hip-hop (even in my broad spectrum of musical tastes), I can confirm that the Beastie Boys are utterly fantastic.

Seriously, as funny as their slightly dated style and videos can seem now, go watch Intergalactic and tell me that isn't the work of genius minds.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    I'm not even sure what hip hop is. So much stuff is labelled as hip hop these days. I quite enjoy the lindy hop, if that counts for anything.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Used to listen to a lot more hip hop. Recently got around to downloading that Blackstar album along with Talib Kweli's latest effort. Kweli isn't quite the same quality anymore, but the Blackstar album was sounding pretty good.

Was always more into local stuff though. Rodney P, Nextmen, Foreign Beggars going a bit further north Braintax etc. Going (relatively) old school Mud Family, Louis Slipperz and such. Most up to date thing I have been listening to is probably Four Owls.

So yeah, not very helpful, but basically just UK stuff from about ten years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Used to listen to a lot more hip hop. Recently got around to downloading that Blackstar album along with Talib Kweli's latest effort. Kweli isn't quite the same quality anymore, but the Blackstar album was sounding pretty good.
    I C wat U did ther (unless you didn't. Kweli's best album was called Quality in any case). I'm inclined to agree, every time he brings out a new album it's like when Sega do a Sonic game. I desperately want him to be brilliant again but after he started getting too self conscious about his fame he's not been quite up there. At least when Kanye did that, he turned so gloriously insane and paranoid that he was still sort of respectable as an artist. I don't think it counts towards his proper discography since it's a mixtape type deal, but Right About Now is one of the post-Quality albums that I enjoyed. Check it out if you haven't already.

Got some more names that have come to mind that I like, too.

Planet Asia
    Outkast
    Dizzee Rascal (yeah fuck you, I even like his new stuff)
    Goodie Mob (for the uninitiated, this is the outfit where CeeLo got his start. When he left the group they put out an album called "One Monkey Don't Stop No Show", the cover had the remaining members sitting next to an actual chimp. I love the audacity of that so much that I can't even be bothered to point out that a chimp is an ape, not a monkey)
    Akira The Don (the earlier stuff, he's a bit obnoxious these days)
    Roots Manuva
    Afrika Bambaataa
    Plan B
    Wu Tang
    Nas
    DJ Shadow
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Just took the plunge and bought BF4. £30 seems reasonable. Have they fixed it yet and is anyone playing regularly?

Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    I'm not even sure what hip hop is. So much stuff is labelled as hip hop these days. I quite enjoy the lindy hop, if that counts for anything.
    A fellow Lindy Hopper?! How nice! Whereabouts are you dancing?
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    A fellow Lindy Hopper?! How nice! Whereabouts are you dancing?
    In my mind and my vacant kitchen, lol, I'm far too unfit to dance unless I'm far too drunk to lindy hop! Not that I've not tried it out before, there was a free class at uni that I went to for a couple of weeks... but I couldn't keep up. Perhaps when I'm healthy
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

deleted as I put this in the wrong post, cos im a numpty
    Last edited by Dewi; 04-12-2013 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewi View Post
    im 27 u cheeky git
    u wot m8?

Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    In my mind and my vacant kitchen, lol, I'm far too unfit to dance unless I'm far too drunk to lindy hop! Not that I've not tried it out before, there was a free class at uni that I went to for a couple of weeks... but I couldn't keep up. Perhaps when I'm healthy
    Okay, that's a shame. It is my life's passion...

Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

(In case you miss it in the related videos. Break dancing Gandalf simply cannot be missed)
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That first video was so delightful. So many excellent nods. Cheers Nick!

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/ga...an-1200918310/

Remember, this is a post-Nolan film by the hack that made the last edgy Superman where he punched a dude through buildings for an hour so who knows how Wonder Woman will turn out.

Calling it now, meth-addicted prostitute with a heart of gold and a mouth of few teeth. Can't turn invisible, but because she's slipped through the cracks of an uncaring, capitalistic society, she is symbolically invisible. Zack Snider won't leave it at that though, he'll tell you that hammy bullshit in the script somewhere.

During her origin story, she'll smash the back of a pimps head against a wall whilst calling him a motherfucker and he'll die of his injuries. That will be the only time you hear an F-bomb though, as WB are shooting for a 12A. What good is a dark, edgy film if all the kids can't see it?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    “Wonder Woman is arguably one of the most powerful female characters of all time and a fan favorite in the DC Universe."

Someone should tell Zack Snyder that 'most powerful' doesn't mean 'punched most people through buildings'.

Definitely not a superhero fan, but a while ago I read about Wonder Woman's inception. Apparently she was originally conceived as a non-violent character, with more of an interest in understanding the bad guys and resolving their issues (hence the lassoo of truth). Presumably she now just runs around punching people through buildings and not getting her own film.
    Last edited by Rizlar; 04-12-2013 at 11:45 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    My goodness the weather today is disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    My goodness the weather today is disgusting.