Page 176 of 205 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,520 of 4085

Thread: Off-topic

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laldy View Post
    Meat on the bone tastes better.
    True. I have to admit, I prefer a rack of lamb when they actually carve the chops off for me after cooking

spare ribs are the bestest when grilled fresh
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Ribs ain't got nothing on them
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Lamb is nice because it just falls off of the bone if cooked properly. Tender and tasty.
    Steam: basicpaul | Origin: BasicPaul

Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    Ribs ain't got nothing on them
    youve been eating the wrong ribs.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Show me a rib that can best a lamb shank and I'll change my meat-on-the-bone eating habits.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

Show me a rib that can best a lamb shank and I'll change my meat-on-the-bone eating habits.
    Such a thing is impossible. Lamb is king of meats.

Network Hub
    ^ now you've made me want this for dinner:

http://www.greatcurryrecipes.net/201...ll-rave-about/

If I had the dollar I would probably eat lamb more than any other meat. Such a shame it's so pricey - and here in France the cheapest lamb by far is frozen New Zealand, which is good but not a patch on fresh, local spring lamb. There's a fair amount of salt marsh lamb raised near my parents' place in the UK; not had a chance to try it, but I read it's some of the best there is. And that most of it gets bought up in bluk by French restaurateurs...

Network Hub
    At some point I'll stop posting Guardian articles in this thread. That day ain't today, though...

http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...ike-weatherley
    Origin guvornator69
    Steam guvornator
    Planetside 2 DavidGan1x - Come admire my terrible KDR

Well that would totally kill EVE in the UK.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    If you agree that an in-game item has real world value, then you should also agree that the in-game universe should have real world sovereignty. Send these criminals to the justice system of the world they were criminals in. If WoW doesn't want to put you in a WoW court, then Mike Weatherly can go fuck himself and find another niche to grandstand on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Speaking as someone who has spent more time trading in team fortress 2 then actually playing the game and someone who lost about £150 worth of tf2 items (I got them back in the end) to hackers, I think he has a very good point, if someone were to scam you out of items with real monetary value, being banned in certain forums and on certain servers is nowhere near a harsh enough sentence.
    Steam: gary the super elite hobo
    Planetside 2: Gorncaptain

"Iím just giving of my body on the stage and putting my life at risk, literally. And I think about it. I think about my family and Iím like, wow, this is like being a police officer or something, in war or something." Kanye West

Well that would totally kill EVE in the UK.
    I hope they're sensible enough to exclude intentional mechanisms within a game from this, eg. EVE's piracy / trading systems. Although the perpetrators of the occasional massive Ponzi scheme would be criminalised - not trivial amounts of money, either.

Edit: just did some more reading around this and realised I'd forgotten how many shades of grey there were in EVE. Yeah, that legislation could be a nightmare.
    Last edited by eltdown; 24-07-2014 at 06:46 PM.

With hacking, sure. Problem is, the guy is so vague about his point he could mean anything. Does he mean the people who routinely hack Sony and Microsofts servers to obtain thousands of login details? Because the law is already being broken there, with bigger implications of punishment than stealing a couple hundred pounds worth of stuff.

Are we talking people who take over Eve corps and liquidate them? Because that's ok within the rules of the game.

As someone who's had their house burgled in the past, I'd like to see the police prove they can do something about that before we set them loose on digital problems.
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Im sorry, but I dont see any GOOD reason that this should ever happen. Real world is not the same as in game.

Sure, you put real world money into things, but you do so with the knowledge that it is digital content that has no real worth other than to people playing that game. If it is lost, or stolen in a game that has mechanics allowing stealing, sure...

If it is stolen via hacking because you were careless enough to only protect an account with a shitty password, then part of the responsibility is on you.

If they hacked something [EDIT for Jag: video game related] maliciously or caused damage, they should face legal ramifications for that crime, rather than for the crime of theft.

Personally, I dont play games which have items worth real cash, or that use subscriptions of any kind, because of things like this, and also because I dont really agree with it, so it doesnt affect me. If you do, though, you should go in expecting that things like this be possible.

Getting a prison sentence for digital content is stupid in my opinion.

While I appreciate that piracy is a crime, ive never paid any notice of the stupid adverts that try to make you feel bad. I dont consider digital content to be equivalent to physical, and therefore digital theft is not the same as physical theft.

This is also why I buy physical products most of the time rather than digital. I like tangible goods.
    Last edited by BasicPauly; 24-07-2014 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BasicPauly View Post
    If they hacked something maliciously or caused damage, they should face legal ramifications for that crime, rather than for the crime of theft.
    So if I hack your bank account, you don't mind that money vanishing into the ether?

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    So if I hack your bank account, you don't mind that money vanishing into the ether?
    We were talking about video games, werent we? :P Its in context.

Yeah, all I'm saying is we already have an arbitrary thing that we assign value, money. Only nowadays more money exists in the virtual world than is actually being printed. That Bastard Sword+4 is probably more tangible than actual money, at least someone did some art assets and added some stats for it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Indeed, it seems like a good idea to take seriously the theft of digital goods with real world value.

Unfortunately the WoW comparisons from the Grauniad don't make any sort of sense, since WoW has no officially sanctioned gold trading and afaik you cannot buy gear with real money (other than pets and mounts, whatever...) Fucking hacks!!!

Network Hub
    Since reading it, i cant shake the comparison between digital goods and diamonds. Both can be bought but have no real value. Of the two, digital goods are more useful.

Stealing digital goods through non in-game mechanics or while breaking the TOS is clearly theft.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.