Page 180 of 248 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,600 of 4942

Thread: Off-topic

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    I didn't notice personally, though I did my homework and read the comics beforehand so perhaps I'm the wrong person to ask. The other half loved it and found it easy to follow and she didn't read any of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Is that already out? I thought it was released in September. Oh well, I'll probably go and see it, will it be easy enough to grasp for someone who had never heard of the guardians of the galaxy before now? I tend to get very confused when proper nouns are thrown all over the place.
    Steam: gary the super elite hobo
    Planetside 2: Gorncaptain

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken."

Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    Is that already out? I thought it was released in September. Oh well, I'll probably go and see it, will it be easy enough to grasp for someone who had never heard of the guardians of the galaxy before now? I tend to get very confused when proper nouns are thrown all over the place.
    Like I said, the first 20 minutes are a bit name heavy, but it's nothing outside of standard sci-fi levels of name dropping. Enjoyable movie though, definitely worth a watch. Still not sure if I'm comfortable with the nine pounds fifty admission at my cinema though.

Finally decided to give the tank battles a shot in War Thunder..and ended up getting one-shotted three times in a row :/ That's atleast one nice thing about the planes is you have a bit of time to try and dodge before getting blown to smithereens.
    Steam: Am I Doing This Right?
    Rock, Pen&Paper, Shotgun

I shut down The Quanta Cat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Thirded. "They got my dick message?"

<context> GotG </context>
    Last edited by Boffinboots; 03-08-2014 at 10:02 AM.

Yes! I don't remember the last time I found a movie to be so enjoyably quotable. Don't want to spoil anything so I'll just say this, if you do go to see the movie you're going to need a prosthetic leg.
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Is Andy from Parks and Recreation playing Andy from Parks and Recreation? Seeing him and John C. Reilly (definitely didn't need to just look up that guy's name on IMDB...) in the trailer caught my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Yes! I don't remember the last time I found a movie to be so enjoyably quotable. Don't want to spoil anything so I'll just say this, if you do go to see the movie you're going to need a prosthetic leg.
    It's essential.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Is Andy from Parks and Recreation playing Andy from Parks and Recreation? Seeing him and John C. Reilly (definitely didn't need to just look up that guy's name on IMDB...) in the trailer caught my interest.
    The way I put it is that he's playing Andy playing Bert Macklin but in space...

Sort of, but here's where it gets weird. Everyone shines in areas you wouldn't expect them to. With Chris Pratt's comedy chops, you'd think he'd be the funniest thing in it but for me the biggest laughs came from Vin Diesels Groot and Bautistas Drax.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Did not know it had Vin Diesel in. Sold.

Even better, he plays a CGI tree who's only dialogue is "I am Groot". But damn if vin diesel doesn't own those three words. If best delivery of I am Groot was an Oscar category, Vin Diesel would win every year.

Obscure Node
    The inevitable meeting of Avengers and Guardians is something I'm really looking forward to.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Even better, he plays a CGI tree who's only dialogue is "I am Groot". But damn if vin diesel doesn't own those three words. If best delivery of I am Groot was an Oscar category, Vin Diesel would win every year.
    I first heard about this movie by reading about vin diesel talking about his part.

He talked about really sitting down and thinking about what he meant each time he said them. Really sold the movie for me way back when and he fucking delivered.

Brilliant movie.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzene View Post
    Oh, Dwarf Fortress! What a lovely thing that is. I've had a monthly donation of $5 going to Bay 12 Games for nearly two years now, I think. That must mean it's a good contestant for my most costly game, next to Planetside 2. Though, frankly, I'd write that up as "charity", seeing it as the service to humanity that it really is.

I still haven't found the time to try the 2014 release, though.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Obscure Node
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txGadiSfP3U
    Maybe one more ^^ Mixed Montage

Network Hub
    The 2014 bugfixes are coming along nicely and at an impressively steady pace. It shouldn't be long until it's stable. So just wait for a couple of more weeks until you dive in.

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Oh, Dwarf Fortress! What a lovely thing that is.
    I REALLY want to try this game. Or, I guess I should say I HAVE tried it, but bounced off it like a Newfoundlander opening a can of surströmming. I think I'll have to give one of the more user friendly versions a try though, because I really like the stories that come out of it. Then again, I love the stories from Eve too, and can't get into that at all..
    Steam: Am I Doing This Right?
    Rock, Pen&Paper, Shotgun

I shut down The Quanta Cat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    But EVE has lots of other people in it who are all backstabbing traitors. In DF, the only one working against you is the random number generator.

In strongly recommend The Complete And Utter Newbie Tutorial For Dwarf Fortress by TinyPirate. take mos-- er.. many, of the rough edges off.

I too would probably wait for another couple of weeks of bug fixes, though, yeah.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168