Page 183 of 287 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,660 of 5727

Thread: Off-topic

Quote Originally Posted by Frith View Post
    I had to go to the local hospital for minor surgery this week. I found this abandoned outside on a table and took it home with me as my just reward.

that is beautiful <3
    She's got lots of layers, like an onion made of boobs.
    - Lilith about Moxxi
    Be my friend on Steam

Here's an interesting thing, some of you might have seen it on the subreddit, but it's worth posting again here. Customise your PS2 soundscape!
    http://deck16.net/ps2dj

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The second call to hunt will be nc?

But ... But ... That's entirely fair and I have no rational reason to protest!
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by PhatChance52 View Post
    Here's an interesting thing, some of you might have seen it on the subreddit, but it's worth posting again here. Customise your PS2 soundscape!
    http://deck16.net/ps2dj
    So getting this, time for VS to combine with prog rock. Also until it starts annoying me, I will have some Wagner for flying.

So many ideas, might also make a BF Vietnam nostalgia set up for Hossin.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Just got some new speakers and they are fucking amazing! That is all.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Just got some new speakers and they are fucking amazing! That is all.
    What are they?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Well they aren't actually all that impressive - Q Acoustics 2010i. They are pretty dinky but compared to my last speakers the quality and range is incredible. Also it's the first time I have owned an amplifier, so I'm having fun messing with the levels. Also disturbing my neighbours.

edit: Just went to the loo and from the bathroom it sounded like Tom Waits was in my bedroom. Awesome.
    Last edited by Rizlar; 08-08-2014 at 01:20 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Well we just got ourselves some new speakers as well, a 5.0 set of Dynavoice Magic LCR(3)/FX(2) and a Yamaha 4066 reciever. First proper set of speakers/receiver I ever owned and feels like a massive improvement in clarity compared to my old Logitech Z-5500 5.1 thing I used for movies/games in the living room before.

Only thing missing now is a proper sub.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I strongly recommend these:
    http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/pro...gaming-headset

- decent mic (I believe? at least noone has been complaining )
    - surprisingly good surround sound, I can easily hear from what direction sounds come
    - really decent sound quality
    - doesn't require an expensive sound card
    - doesn't bother your spouse and/or neighbours

The only drawbacks I see are:
    - expensive
    - sometimes cut out when the wireless channel runs into conflict with e.g. a wireless router or wireless controllers

4.5 out of 5. Recommended buy.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    I submitted a copyright infringement free version of Survivalism to get it on Player Direct to reddit because I never miss an opportunity to outstay my welcome. If you fancy upvoting it and making my epeen bigger (and getting a Silly Monday video more visibility, but whatever right?), it's here;

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...irect_edition/
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Quote Originally Posted by kreggurree View Post
    So getting this, time for VS to combine with prog rock. Also until it starts annoying me, I will have some Wagner for flying.

So many ideas, might also make a BF Vietnam nostalgia set up for Hossin.
    Valkyries are fine when flying in large group, but for fighting as a lone aircraft (Lib), I used to use that (back when I was still playing) : http://grooveshark.com/#!/album/U+N+...on+OST/4433296 Try it, you will see how glorious it is (I also highly recommend trying out the actual game).

Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    Valkyries are fine when flying in large group, but for fighting as a lone aircraft (Lib), I used to use that (back when I was still playing) : http://grooveshark.com/#!/album/U+N+...on+OST/4433296 Try it, you will see how glorious it is (I also highly recommend trying out the actual game).
    Reminds me of the rouge squadron music, which I am still waiting for a full orchestral version.
    Steam: gary the super elite hobo
    Planetside 2: Gorncaptain

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken."

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Thought i'd offer it here first to familiar people instead of Kindness club, but if someone would be interested in trying the "The Witcher Adventure Game" beta i'd have an extra key.

Bonus for me is that it doesn't got offline play yet, only public randoms and private lobbies and i'd rather test it with someone from here than internet randoms =)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Graerth View Post
    Thought i'd offer it here first to familiar people instead of Kindness club, but if someone would be interested in trying the "The Witcher Adventure Game" beta i'd have an extra key.

Bonus for me is that it doesn't got offline play yet, only public randoms and private lobbies and i'd rather test it with someone from here than internet randoms =)
    Is that the computer-based board game of the Witcher? If so, I'd be interested in hopping on Mumble and playing a game or two sometime.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Lesser Hivemind Node
    It is, i sent a friend invite on steam as i'm not always on rps mumble so you can shout to me over that if i'm on computer, and sending the key as PM.
    No actual NDA on it either (they just ask that people wouldn't yet stream it or such as it's still in early stages).

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I've now been unable to work on a color 3d model of the logo for 2 days due to social commitments. I almost feel like a person and it's REALLY ANNOYING.

Especially since I will have spent 6 hours on public transport today.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Just saw guardians of the galaxy, absolutely loved it. It's brilliant, I have two gripes *WARNING, MINOR SPOILER* When the bad guys start dive bombing the city there's one shot of people running across a bridge which looks exactly the same as the millennium bridge in London, it really took me out of the action. *The next one is barely a spoiler, it happens at the very start of the film but I'll make it white anyway* It was really easy to guess what was in the present from his mom, but I don't know how it could have been anything else so that's barely a gripe. *spoiler over* It did remind me why I rarely go to the cinema though, some inconsiderate bastards were providing a running commentary through half of it before they got kicked out, at least I know they're going to the special hell. But all that aside it is by far one of my favourite films, next to pacific rim and robocop. It knows it has a clichéd story and makes fun of itself, it's great. It's really well paced, it's funny and the soundtrack is pre-90's pop music. Go see it, it's amazing. It also has my favourite Stan Lee cameo of all the marvel films. Thanks jag for persuading me to see it, it's the second time I've seen a film because of you and I doubt it'll be the last.
    Last edited by gary; 09-08-2014 at 11:41 PM.

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    I very much enjoyed it myself. I think my favourite Marvel of phase 1 and 2

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Glad to be of help! Did you take a prosthetic leg with you in the end?
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Glad to be of help! Did you take a prosthetic leg with you in the end?
    I planned to stick one up the arse of one the people who was talking through the film, but that would have been too cruel.