Page 184 of 212 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,680 of 4238

Thread: Off-topic

Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    I planned to stick one up the arse of one the people who was talking through the film, but that would have been too cruel.
    Told you it was essential

The first time we went to see The Lion, Witch and Wardrobe, we went with a girl I knew from work (it's a long story, but I was very against it because I knew she was an insane talker) who not only talked the whole time, loudly, but also decided to pop out with "OHHH! Is this the part where the lion dies!?" which got unimpressed grumbling from behind us. The second time we went alone hoping we'd finally be able to watch it in peace, but there was a posse of old ladies that EVERY TIME something happened would be like "OHHHHH!!! blahblah*fast talking amongst themselves*blahblah......OHHHHHHH!!!! blahblah*fast talking amongst themselves*blahblah..."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    So in conclusion: fuck people in general :P.

On top of all this, it bugs me when cinema staff try and get everybody out and cleared up fast. I know its their job and all that, but you know you have to wait for after credits scenes.
    Steam: basicpaul | Origin: BasicPaul

Quote Originally Posted by BasicPauly View Post
    So in conclusion: fuck people in general :P.

On top of all this, it bugs me when cinema staff try and get everybody out and cleared up fast. I know its their job and all that, but you know you have to wait for after credits scenes.
    I agree with your first statement! lol And I don't think I've ever seen staff do that..they always just stand at the bottom of the stairs with their brooms/trash cans and wait for everyone to leave.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    I've really never had much of an issue at the cinema here... Although you do occasionally get people who text on their phones which really breaks immersion.

Now first time I went to the cinema in Texas a couple of years ago, 3 people had their phones on loud AND answered them when they rung during a movie.

It's a real shame as the cinema I go to is really small and there's usually only 5 or 6 people in there at a time, yet every time I go there's always someone talking or on their phone. It's why I rarely go any more, that and the absurd ticket prices.
    Steam: gary the super elite hobo
    Planetside 2: Gorncaptain

"Iím just giving of my body on the stage and putting my life at risk, literally. And I think about it. I think about my family and Iím like, wow, this is like being a police officer or something, in war or something." Kanye West

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It's a real shame as the cinema I go to is really small and there's usually only 5 or 6 people in there at a time, yet every time I go there's always someone talking or on their phone. It's why I rarely go any more, that and the absurd ticket prices.
    Where do you all live, with these utter arseholes? Admittedly I haven't been to the cinema in ages (think the last film I saw was some version of Jane Eyre, ooh err), but talking is completely out of order! Texas sounds like the worst though...

Quote Originally Posted by BasicPauly View Post
    Indeed. Have only seen that happen once or twice, but you have to stay until the credits finish!

Quote Originally Posted by TWChristine View Post
    but there was a posse of old ladies that EVERY TIME something happened would be like "OHHHHH!!! blahblah*fast talking amongst themselves*blahblah......OHHHHHHH!!!! blahblah*fast talking amongst themselves*blahblah..."
    Sounds like some of my life drawing classes at uni. Bearing in mind you would be spending the whole day in the life drawing room, everyone was always totally respectful and quiet, except for the mature students, a bunch of old women who nattered and giggled away, brought out food and stuff. Even after being warned that they would get thrown out if they carried on! Incredibly irritating.

What Cephas said, cinemas in Edinburgh aren't much trouble. I want to an Alamo in Virginia. I was near the front so I cant comment on the audience, but ordering a meal and eating it during the film was neat, if not a little distracting.
    ARMA, Planetside 2 - Lynche (The 'e' is silent)
    Steam, PS3, Minecraft - Safilpope

Quote Originally Posted by TWChristine View Post
    THAT is beautiful. Best mashup I've seen so far this year.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Eurogamer is repeating itself

ho ho ho
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    So, I have this feeling, as if the world is somehow not for real, you know? Yesterday's blues (dancing) night (with sublime live music and dances that make you forget the world around you) took its toll, and really, all I want is to go back in time to around two this morning, and crawl back into my bubble of bliss, with the zen-like focus on the present that you get from dancing close with someone nice to really slow music for an hour and a half straight. It's like some weird mind-meld or something. With the right partner and the right music, it's like you just become one, moving as one body to the rhythms. It's a crazy, crazy thing, couple dancing. And it makes me happier than any other thing I can think of...

Que sex-related jokes.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    So, I have this feeling, as if the world is somehow not for real, you know?
    I was with you up until this point, then I went off a cliff in a flaming ball of fire.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

While I know nothing of dancing I have had a similar experience when I played super hexagon for 6 hours straight, I thought I had only been playing for a few minutes. It was like being in some sort of time bubble where everything happened at once, I became one with the game. It's very difficult to explain but it really freaked me out. It's what I suspect being on narcotics is like. I've not played since, for fear of going completely insane and losing all grasp on reality.
    Steam: gary the super elite hobo
    Planetside 2: Gorncaptain

"Iím just giving of my body on the stage and putting my life at risk, literally. And I think about it. I think about my family and Iím like, wow, this is like being a police officer or something, in war or something." Kanye West

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Not quite the same thing, but I've had similar experiences when training archery. That moment of absolute focus, when the only things in the world you can register is the exact point that you're aiming for. Not the world around you, it's not important right now. Not your body, it knows what to do after all the hours you've trained. Not the bow, it's as much a part of you as your own flesh and blood. Not the whole target, who cares about the outside parts of it? Just you, and the center of the target. Your mind is totally tranquill, all you can feel is a sense of... well, of focus I guess I'd call it, and you let go. And at the exact same moment you do, or even a few moments ahead of it, you just know that the arrow is gonna hit dead-center. You see the arrow fly, even though it takes less than a second to reach the target you can follow it's path exactly, and you see it hit exactly where you aimed. You hold you're posture for a few seconds, analyzing your movements in the back of your head, and then the rest of the world starts to exist again. It only takes a few short seconds from start to finish, but the feeling is amazing.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    I would like to report similar feelings from target shooting. There's something almost meditational about how much focus it requires to position yourself just so and then make the infinitesimal adjustments so that when you pull the trigger the .22 round will go dead centre on the target. Time and time again.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The last 2 posts makes me feel bad about my ability with the rifles even if i do sometimes get those nice "oh, there was rest of the world" zonings...i mean i do land my shots quite well but sketchseven makes it sound as if there is no other possible result than 10 (though i think we might be shooting different kind of targets and rifles).

...I should go to the range more often, just to shoot stationary targets for once.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    g across a bridge which looks exactly the same as the millennium bridge in London, it really took me out of the action.
    It is the millennium bridge.

Network Hub
    I seem to have made BR 60 yesterday and I didn't notice to make a bad joke out of it.

Now I'm sad.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Network Hub
    I know exactly what you mean Eso. When doing lindy hop/swing and me and my partner just click, interpreting the music into dance in the same way, when I just feel totally in sync with the music. Though admittedly lindy hop is more frantic than the chilled nature of blues.

Oddly enough one of my favorite dances was to Muse's version of 'feeling good' which doesn't really fit to lindy that naturally but Cat and I both made it work as if it was perfectly normal to lindy to muse and had that kind of experience.