Page 186 of 269 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,720 of 5373

Thread: Off-topic

Lesser Hivemind Node TWChristine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frith View Post
    Also I was vaguely talking with a couple of people about playing D&D on mumble and I mentioned a podcast I enjoy -

http://www.critjuice.com/

If you like your drinking and your D&D then you'll probably enjoy critjuice.

I was going to post this as a new topic titled something about D&D - however I can't actually find an option to start a new forum topic. Do I need some special privs or something, or am I just being TR stupid?
    You could post it in here: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...Up-For-D-amp-D though if you're looking for lots of traffic, then it's probably not the best option as the only people that really bother with that thread are those of us taking part of it..

I'll have to look into that link though! The only other one I've listened to has been I Hit It With My Axe.
    Last edited by TWChristine; 18-08-2014 at 08:55 PM.
    Steam: Am I Doing This Right?
    Rock, Pen&Paper, Shotgun

I shut down The Quanta Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    I have this! I'd really like to play more. Add me on steam if you fancy a game some time.
    There are so many of us that started playing since the Steam Sales or the Payday 2 anniversary, that i highly recommend you just pop in the PAYDAY channel on Mumble, you will probably find partners.

I got the first one free with PC gamer and my main problem with it was that the friendly AI was awful, apart from that I really enjoyed it. Any improvements to it in the second one? I don't like buying games that I can't play on my own.
    I have never played the first one, but in the second one if you go stealth the AI just wait for you doing nothing (so as not to screw you up), if you go loud they are bullet sponge and will kill cops for you, but do nothing relative to the objectives (activating drill, moving bags, etc.).

Note that, though some heists can be done solo, I think it would be a waste to buy it if you intend to only play solo...
    Last edited by Ksempac; 18-08-2014 at 09:19 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    I'd just like to remind everyone that this still exists

(make your own Assassin's Creed joke)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith View Post
    Also I was vaguely talking with a couple of people about playing D&D on mumble and I mentioned a podcast I enjoy -

http://www.critjuice.com/

If you like your drinking and your D&D then you'll probably enjoy critjuice.

I was going to post this as a new topic titled something about D&D - however I can't actually find an option to start a new forum topic. Do I need some special privs or something, or am I just being TR stupid?

Gonna check that out. I really enjoyed the Wizards of the Coast/Penny Arcade D&D podcasts.

As for D&D on mumble, I'd be up for that.

EDIT: Related, today 5th Edition should be released.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    Gonna check that out. I really enjoyed the Wizards of the Coast/Penny Arcade D&D podcasts.

As for D&D on mumble, I'd be up for that.

EDIT: Related, today 5th Edition should be released.
    Some of us are already playing a "pen & paper" rpg on fridays called "Dungeon world". Reminiscent of D&D (not AD&D in its myriad versions).
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...Up-For-D-amp-D

The basic player rules and character sheets: http://book.dwgazetteer.com/index.html

We're also using the rolld20 website for maps and dice rolling: https://app.roll20.net/home. Works well from a players point of view. No idea about it from the DM's perspective.
    Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

Quote Originally Posted by laldy View Post
    Some of us are already playing a "pen & paper" rpg on fridays called "Dungeon world". Reminiscent of D&D (not AD&D in its myriad versions).

The basic player rules and character sheets: http://book.dwgazetteer.com/index.html

We're also using the rolld20 website for maps and dice rolling: https://app.roll20.net/home. Works well from a players point of view. No idea about it from the DM's perspective.
    This is of interest, are there many opportunities for new players to join? I have never played a pen and paper RPG before. I will spend my afternoon [s]reading as much of this as I can[/s] working productively.
    Last edited by stoopiduk; 19-08-2014 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stoopiduk View Post
    This is of interest, are there many opportunities for new players to join? I have never played a pen and paper RPG before. I will spend my afternoon [s]reading as much of this as I can[/s] working productively.
    I'm not the GM, but myself and Wigglybum were invited almost as soon as we joined the channel on Friday
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

I've never played one either, apart from a failed attempt or two involving my dad (a mean GM), my heroquest board masquarading as a dungeon and an impatient younger sibling who couldn't sit still long enough for us to get anywhere.

I used to be really jealous as a wee kid, as he'd go off and play the LOTR one with his mates. I'd sit and make up wee character sheets, buy miniatures from games workshop ("no I'm not lost, I want a half-elf") and occasionally try to make heads or tails of the rulebook (didn't have a clue, naturally). I think it's the reason that I love Talisman as much as I do - it was the one thing that had wee characters and RPG elements that I could get to play with him.

I currently play a Dark Heresy game about once a month with my own little brother who could sit still, and is now a mean GM.

I left the Games Workshop main sequence once I realised I could get other things than little soldiers with my monies. But I kept up the RPG side, having now played a whole grab bag of games over the years from Riddle of Steel (far to complicated dice pool based swordplay) to good old Traveller (Space trucking!).

I'd enjoy playing something with you fine people if the opportunity presents, but if we all pile in then the poor GM is going to melt.

I play and run more systems than I can list. If there is serious interest in outfit members playing a tabletop session I could be pursuaded to run one, but it would likely be October onwards as I am larping for the next 5 weeks. (larp is like tabletop RPG but you dress up and then go actually do the things, rather than talking about doing the things and rolling dice).

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...php?albumid=97

yes im a hardcore fantasy nerd, what can I say xD
    Last edited by Frith; 19-08-2014 at 03:58 PM.

also the basic 5th edition D&D rules are now free on the wotc website:

http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/feat...dnd/basicrules

Playing 2 games, running one (Vampire: The Masquerade, Victoriana, think Shadowrun with bustles, and a homebrew hack for Scion, where the characters are super powered children of the ancient gods, Greek, Egyptian and the like). Fiasco could make for a good one shot over Mumble, if anyone's played that before. I have run, in the past, stuff like Call of Cthulhu, and The Dreadful Secrets of Candlewick Manor, where you play creepy orphans, in a 1920-something coastal American town that is utterly and completelly bonkers.

I've always wanted to play the star wars pen & paper RPG but I don't have enough friends who know anything about star wars or would want to play it with me.
    I have a similar thing with warhammer 40k, I have a 4000 point army of dark eldar and I've never played a game with them. Mainly because I know it won't be like a tabletop version of XCOM and that I'm too shy to go out and play it with strangers.

*edit* Someone really needs to make a pen & paper game based on XCOM enemy within, that'd be great
    Last edited by gary; 19-08-2014 at 04:24 PM.
    Steam: gary the super elite hobo
    Planetside 2: Gorncaptain

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken."

Quote Originally Posted by laldy View Post

Oh. I'm already involved in a Pathfinder and a 4E game, I don't think I can keep a third system separate in my head.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    I have a similar thing with warhammer 40k, I have a 4000 point army of dark eldar and I've never played a game with them. Mainly because I know it won't be like a tabletop version of XCOM and that I'm too shy to go out and play it with strangers.
    If it's anything like when I was into GW as a teenager, just take some stuff down to a shop and play on one of their boards! Did that myself a couple of times, normally there were other people willing to kick my arse for me but at least once I just played one of the shopkeepers.

That is supposing you have a GW shop near you, they always seem to have boards and plenty of models to play with though.

Quote Originally Posted by PhatChance52 View Post
    Playing 2 games, running one (Vampire: The Masquerade, Victoriana, think Shadowrun with bustles, and a homebrew hack for Scion, where the characters are super powered children of the ancient gods, Greek, Egyptian and the like). Fiasco could make for a good one shot over Mumble, if anyone's played that before. I have run, in the past, stuff like Call of Cthulhu, and The Dreadful Secrets of Candlewick Manor, where you play creepy orphans, in a 1920-something coastal American town that is utterly and completelly bonkers.
    If you ran an CoC game over mumble....You would have my Elder Sign.
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

http://io9.com/now-you-can-truly-app...mov-1623548762

Interesting image of comet Churymov-Gerasimenko. Nice to get a sense of perspective on these things.
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    As Laldy mentioned, if you wish to give DD a go feel free to drop in on a friday, we start a 7PM UK time.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    As Laldy mentioned, if you wish to give DD a go feel free to drop in on a friday, we start a 7PM UK time.
    Would you allow silent (muted) non-players listeners in your channel ? I've got lot of trouble with actually playing an RPG myself (my natural shyness mean I feel stressed when I've got to play a role), but i do find the universes they are set in very interesting.

Lesser Hivemind Node TWChristine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stoopiduk View Post
    As far as base classes go, we still don't have a Druid or Paladin. And really, our Thief is MIA but it's not my call to put his position up. The GM and I have talked about having more people, and we both kind of agree that it's quite fun to have more people, although obviously it also slows down the pace of adventuring (which I'm personally fine with!).

Anyhoo, if you're interested just follow the link Laldy posted and post in there, or you can get me on Steam too. Conversely you can also just show up Friday at I believe 7UTC in the D&D room at the bottom of Mumble. Not sure how many more spots we'll have, but for those interested in joining this particular group, I'd love to have you
    Steam: Am I Doing This Right?
    Rock, Pen&Paper, Shotgun

I shut down The Quanta Cat.