Page 187 of 249 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,740 of 4973

Thread: Off-topic

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laldy View Post
    http://io9.com/now-you-can-truly-app...mov-1623548762

Interesting image of comet Churymov-Gerasimenko. Nice to get a sense of perspective on these things.
    That's really cool. On a related note I had a look at something that's often bounced around with these talks of cosmic scale;

http://www.universetoday.com/110060/...-solar-system/

I never get further than Saturn, it's too much. Very enlightening.

Also, I've been watching the new Cosmos on Netflix (US, not sure if it's on UK). Really good stuff, I knew a lot of it already but I also learned a few things and it's presented so well. There really is no expense spared which is refreshing in an age of cynically made cheap bullshit reality TV and as a bonus I can finally say I enjoyed a show that Seth Macfarlane was involved in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Lesser Hivemind Node TWChristine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    Would you allow silent (muted) non-players listeners in your channel ? I've got lot of trouble with actually playing an RPG myself (my natural shyness mean I feel stressed when I've got to play a role), but i do find the universes they are set in very interesting.
    Absolutely everyone is welcome to listen in! And I know exactly how you feel, as I'm very shy as well. The first session we played I was having mic difficulties, so I'm sitting there listening to all these people and just thinking "Oh my god I can't do this..this was a mistake..I should just say sorry I can't play with my mic and leave.." But we've been going for maybe 8 months now, and I've really had a great time and made some good friends! I hope maybe just listening in will help with the shyness and maybe someday you join as well!
    Steam: Am I Doing This Right?
    Rock, Pen&Paper, Shotgun

I shut down The Quanta Cat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I sat there listening the first night as well, thinking 'this is epic!!'. So yeah, drop in at any time!
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Ah, role playing. Used to devote a lot of time to role playing games in my younger days. *best said in old-man voice* Haven't been playing for a good long while now, though. Takes the right kind of people to make it shine. We had a few of them, and a few who were just ever so slightly boring, in my group, but overall we had lots of fun. I was the perennial GM, more or less...
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    That's really cool. On a related note I had a look at something that's often bounced around with these talks of cosmic scale;
    http://www.universetoday.com/110060/...-solar-system/

I never get further than Saturn, it's too much. Very enlightening.
    The snarky/philosophical/interesting sentences are what kept me going, that and the ability to let my mouse wheel spin freely. I really love astro-physics (as you might be able to tell from my several hundred hours in kerbal space program). The fact that is incomprehensible is all the nothingness. One of the phrases in that map which is really striking is this: "It seems like we are both pathetically insignificant, and miraculously important at the same time." The fact that we are so mindbogglingly small yet are the sheer fact that we exist at all in a universe that is 99.9999999999999999999952% empty space is fascinating.
    Steam: gary the super elite hobo
    Planetside 2: Gorncaptain

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken."

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    If we have someone interested in running a D&D campaign I'd be well up for playing it. It's one thing that's missing from my nerd heritage is some kind of proper role playing in a pen & paper style.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I dislike how most of you live in the wrong country. It would make joining in a traditional D&D thing difficult.
    I must up the priority of my super secret Swedish Infiltration Plan.

I can't tell you much about the plan, but it involves getting more swedes to play PS2.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by TWChristine View Post
    Absolutely everyone is welcome to listen in! And I know exactly how you feel, as I'm very shy as well. The first session we played I was having mic difficulties, so I'm sitting there listening to all these people and just thinking "Oh my god I can't do this..this was a mistake..I should just say sorry I can't play with my mic and leave.." But we've been going for maybe 8 months now, and I've really had a great time and made some good friends! I hope maybe just listening in will help with the shyness and maybe someday you join as well!
    Oh this is great - I'd love to be able to listen in. Like Ksempac, as much as I'm interested, I'm also crazy shy about the prospect of actually playing it. I'm sure it'd be fine, but I'd rather be able to get a really good feel for it first.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I've managed to keep running my current game for more than one year now, completely through tah intarwebz. It requires some compromises (for example, I roll all the dice on my end, although that's actually more of a concious choice in order to make it easier for the players to actually roleplay, and not get distracted by dice rolling or looking up rules all the time), but there are some advantages as well. If the game is set in the real world, google maps is amazing! I've played around with playing background music and noise as well, but haven't really gotten it working properly (due to laziness).
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

So, last night, during the Pathfinder game I play in IRL, I toyed with the idea of running an one-shot campaign on mumble. Just to see how playing over the internet works (because I've never done that before).

I'm not promising anything, but would there be interest for a one-session Pathfinder or 4E game?

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    So, last night, during the Pathfinder game I play in IRL, I toyed with the idea of running an one-shot campaign on mumble. Just to see how playing over the internet works (because I've never done that before).

I'm not promising anything, but would there be interest for a one-session Pathfinder or 4E game?
    Most certainly.
    Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I would give it a (one) shot!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I've never played Pathfinder, but I'd be willing to give it a shot.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

I've never DMed Pathfinder. All my DM time is exclusively in 4E. So I'm not exactly sure I should do PF, but I'd like to because I think I prefer the system over 4E. I know 4E like the back of my hand, though.

I'll have to spend some time figuring out how roll20 works first, though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    That could be fun, definitely! Time is limited though, and many things are fighting for it right now. Better not adjust your scheduling after me. If you do this, set a time, and I'll come if I can, if that works?
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Roll20 is pretty simple. I've only used it as a player, and it's a bit more to learn as a GM, but half an hour should be enough to figure most basic stuff at least.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Definitely interested in this Boris, although I don't know what Pathfinder is - I'm familiar with 4E but never played it. Can someone poke me with a DM if this happens? I know that's rather cheeky but I don't get a lot of time to see the boards these days.

All right, so far Laldy, Rizlar, Sir Hoc, EsotericReverie and sketchseven are interested. I'd rather not take this to more than 5 or 6 players, because at least 4E kind of breaks down if you get more than that (not sure about Pathfinder).

Pathfinder is a D&D like system with open (free) rules at http://www.d20pfsrd.com/. I suck at running this, probably, because I'm not completely familiar with the rules yet.
    D&D 4E is a closed system (you have to pay for the books). I know this system very well.

How proficient are you guys with either system and roleplaying games in general?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I have played 4E a bit (and might possibly have the books as pdf-files, which I of course wouldn't send to anyone because that would be illegal *nudge, nudge, wink, wink*).

I've been playing GURPS on and off for... I don't know, 6-7 years maybe, and most of the times as a GM/DM.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'm interested! Gief spot.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.