Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 4085

Thread: Off-topic

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Irish and German, no?
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    I don't dislike it per se, we've even contributed to it with that PCG event thing back in the day. I think I probably just got jaded with the format with their old channel 4 show.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

A belated happy Hogmanay to all. Just back from visiting the most beautiful grandchild in the world. Damn, I wish you were all as lucky as me
    Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    amusing scottish/dutch accents.
    Northern Irish/German

Brolly - "Like a bad film series that refuses to die, we're here with the fifth episode that no-one asked for."

To show I don't lack self awareness, here's the sixth episode of my own crappy series that no-one asked for. In fact I lose an average of two subscribers every time I upload one!

I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Hey steam, I don't give a shit if I can't look at the baseball cards or snow globes or whatever bullshit you've given me this time. Can you at least give me a way to remove the notification so I don't mistake it for something I want to see?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar

Nanites.

The only thing i could think of when watching that, is "how did they do it". My guess is that it's filmed in reverse, with a full statue they slowly destroy ?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    The only thing i could think of when watching that, is "how did they do it". My guess is that it's filmed in reverse, with a full statue they slowly destroy ?
    Yeah, that's definitely the way they did it. They have made behind the scenes videos of their other stop motion productions, but not this one, as far as I know.

Activated Node
    hey guys, long time no see! My laptop died a few months back but as of right now I've just finished building my PC! Currently sat downloading PS2 again and can't wait to get stuck back in again!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Twennynoin View Post
    hey guys, long time no see! My laptop died a few months back but as of right now I've just finished building my PC! Currently sat downloading PS2 again and can't wait to get stuck back in again!
    Good to hear! Got a spec list for your new machine?

Activated Node
    I got a friend to help me pick the parts and talk me through the build, as this was my first time.

i5 4400 3.1GHz Quad
    8GB Corsair RAM
    2GB Nvidia GTX 760

It's running BF4 on high at 80-90 FPS and good god, Planetside 2 is gorgeous!

and an ssd I assume?
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

That's a solid machine. Do you have an SSD? If not that should be your next purchase should you wish to upgrade. Speed difference is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewi View Post
    That's a solid machine. Do you have an SSD? If not that should be your next purchase should you wish to upgrade. Speed difference is incredible.
    I had a Caviar Black which was an incredibly fast HDD so put off an SSD for a long time. Even with that the difference is staggering. I'll admit I didn't initially notice difference in Windows start-up times - but for games it's crazy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Twennynoin View Post
    I got a friend to help me pick the parts and talk me through the build, as this was my first time.

i5 4400 3.1GHz Quad
    8GB Corsair RAM
    2GB Nvidia GTX 760

It's running BF4 on high at 80-90 FPS and good god, Planetside 2 is gorgeous!
    Congrats on the first time build. I built my first a few months back and it was nerve wracking!
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Activated Node
    I don't have an SSD yet although it is next on my list after I get a few months pay under my belt - my PC and rent hit me at the same time (silly me!) so I'm trying to get back to a bit more of a stable financial situation before buying more stuff

I bought the components for mine over the space of a few months (waiting for the best deals etc). It was scary when the last part arrived and I was left with the daunting task of building it all!

Really tempted to update my graphics card...

Meanwhile, in Manchester...

Oh and the piece of paper on top of the envelope is there merely to hide the customers details, in case anyone was wondering (which handily included their email address...)