Page 120 of 286 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 5708

Thread: Off-topic

I think Black Sails needs a crossover.

- Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    BTW the way I got that music video from Cara's 2013 music list.

Which spurred me to drop £40 on CDs. The vast majority of which I had intended to buy at some point in 2013 but then forgot about. The list hits my taste almost perfectly, in the way Gillen's did around 2010/11 but hasn't for the last couple of years (not enough female vocal electropop). What kinda surprised me was the amount I knew about but hadn't already got.

But I've had an odd year with music; hardly bought a single thing and, in general, the time I spent listening to music was minimal. Which is very unusual. I usually thrive on having a single / album I get obsessive about and binge listen to for a few weeks on end before never listening to it again whilst having a rotation of various electroclash / electropop loves playing alongside it. I need to make a concerted effort to get music back into my daily patterns again; I've only recently come to realise what an effect a lack of it has had on my general mood.

(An abiding memory of some of the writing-up stage of my PhD is it being done to Cinderella Eye's as the soundtrack. Hundreds of times I played that through, and then just stopped, haven't listened to it since. But it's a fucking amazing, brilliant album. A chronicle of the ways in which pop has ruined a young woman's life delivered via the medium of a pop album, smattered with a shattering of the princess myth she was once enrolled in perpetuating and then dabbles with absurdist nursery rhymes. My favourite being;
    "Ginger bread,
    Man he tried to seduce me,
    Off his head,
    I'm allergic to dairy,
    Better yet,
    He didn't know I needed more,
    A smart cookie who really knows the score."

Wonderful stuff.)
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    New Savepoints! I am not sure if this was already posted ,but hey you cant have too much!

http://www.youtube.com/user/pr1me4/videos
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

I MET TOMMY WISEAU! I have to say it was somewhat surreal and I've never been so star struck in my life either.

I think I'll just sleep through the rest of the year, no way I'm topping that
    ARMA, Planetside 2 - Lynche (The 'e' is silent)
    Steam, PS3, Minecraft - Safilpope

Lesser Hivemind Node TWChristine's Avatar
    Is that the guy that plays in his own movie and throws a football around or something? On a somewhat related note, I once met Madeleine Stowe (and John Travolta) which was absolutely amazing as I've had an intense crush on her since I was a kid!
    Steam: Am I Doing This Right?
    Rock, Pen&Paper, Shotgun

I shut down The Quanta Cat.

That's him, here's just a little part of his masterpiece

Lesser Hivemind Node TWChristine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Safilpope View Post
    That's him, here's just a little part of his masterpiece
    Holy crap that is awful..I think I can see now why so many people like it! It almost makes me want to watch it..
    Steam: Am I Doing This Right?
    Rock, Pen&Paper, Shotgun

I shut down The Quanta Cat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Someone mentioned the Titanfall beta on Mumble the other night, I recall. I apparently got in a day after registering, and if anyone else did, and wants to try it out some time, let me know. See also, here.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    BTW the way I got that music video from Cara's 2013 music list.

Which spurred me to drop £40 on CDs. The vast majority of which I had intended to buy at some point in 2013 but then forgot about. The list hits my taste almost perfectly, in the way Gillen's did around 2010/11 but hasn't for the last couple of years (not enough female vocal electropop). What kinda surprised me was the amount I knew about but hadn't already got.

But I've had an odd year with music; hardly bought a single thing and, in general, the time I spent listening to music was minimal. Which is very unusual. I usually thrive on having a single / album I get obsessive about and binge listen to for a few weeks on end before never listening to it again whilst having a rotation of various electroclash / electropop loves playing alongside it. I need to make a concerted effort to get music back into my daily patterns again; I've only recently come to realise what an effect a lack of it has had on my general mood.

(An abiding memory of some of the writing-up stage of my PhD is it being done to Cinderella Eye's as the soundtrack. Hundreds of times I played that through, and then just stopped, haven't listened to it since. But it's a fucking amazing, brilliant album. A chronicle of the ways in which pop has ruined a young woman's life delivered via the medium of a pop album, smattered with a shattering of the princess myth she was once enrolled in perpetuating and then dabbles with absurdist nursery rhymes. My favourite being;
    "Ginger bread,
    Man he tried to seduce me,
    Off his head,
    I'm allergic to dairy,
    Better yet,
    He didn't know I needed more,
    A smart cookie who really knows the score."

Wonderful stuff.)
    Nicola Roberts, she is a bit different from the mainstream and in a good way. I enjoy listening to Lucky Day, it is a well written and produced track.
    I hope you got Chvrches's album, it's very good, Lauren Mayberry's vocals with her nice scottish accent really works well with the synths.

Save points is amazing! I laughed, I cried, it's changed my life. Also we are as an outfit going to start calling c4 "friendship bricks". Fact.

Dewi's thing, sad. Very sad. but also kind of funny.

I think I know the subject of Jags next video...

http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Grible, lets then agree to also call bullets little nanite cuddles!
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    First Qwertee t-shirt I have been tempted to buy in a long time!

http://www.qwertee.com/

Network Hub
    I've been watching threads, videos, and livestreams of Kiev all night.

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/kyiv...es-337098.html (some live updates)

http://channel9000.net/svoboda2/- Live stream (one of many)

20 or 30 dead, including 9 police.

After 4 hours of this, I've seen them fire molotovs out of mortars, throw their own coats on flaming barricades to keep the fires burning, and torch an APC. I've seen scores of shock grenades go off in two separate police assaults, and I've seen protestors brutally beat two riot police when they'd disarmed them.

I've seen a man get shot in the street, while he was standing still, not presenting a threat to the police. I saw his friends carry him down the street under police gunfire.

I've seen people jump from a burning building, and people desperately trying to break their way out.

Tonight, the city of Kiev erupted in violence. It's gruesome, but worth watching the video feeds. You can hear the strain in their voices, and their intense passion and determination.

I've been hearing texts all night from someone down there, on the barricades. He said it was frightening, but that he had to take the opportunity to help.

http://channel9000.net/euromajdan2/

http://channel9000.net/espreso/

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/spilno-tv-live

Some more livestreams.
    Last edited by fish food carl; 20-02-2014 at 11:56 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I read something about this in the news this morning. Grim news, indeed.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Sadness at the direction Yanukovych is taking. He uses the events of last night to make empty, meaningless gestures to political opposition. This is not about political one-upmanship; these are Ukrainians fighting for their identity and future.

I remain awed at the resolve of demonstrators in a country that has incredibly high levels of political apathy (unsurprising given the history of the nation). The event in Lviv last night are cause for excitement.

Yanukovych clearly learnt no lessons from his last stint as President. He underestimates just how divided the country is. Even in the East, the heartland of pro-Russian Ukraine, there are murmurings of young people being spurred on by the events in Kyiv.

A pro-Russian stance appeases elderly Ukrainians in the East; it ensures votes in exchange for the loss of Ukraine's identity and future.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post

I remain awed at the resolve of demonstrators in a country that has incredibly high levels of political apathy (unsurprising given the history of the nation). The event in Lviv last night are cause for excitement.
    Lviv, Ternopil, Khmelnytsky, Zhytomyr, Volyn, and Ivano-Frankivsk (reportedly).

I am not in favour of violent escalation, but I applaud the relative peace and quiet involved in most of these actions.

Granted, there was some mob action and alleged theft of arms, but given the highly-charged nature of the situation, I think that the administrations there are doing well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    I'm in favour of violent escalation. The peaceful protests were getting the people nowhere. This is going to change things.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Khatta, FFXIV, Cerberus