Page 125 of 270 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 5394

Thread: Off-topic

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    That gliding suit looks kind of silly, but wow...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Saw a similar video once of some people celebrating some base jumping girl's birthday. They had picked a spot for a picnic, somewhere on a mountain side (of course), and were sitting there on blankets and everything. Then two guys had climbed onto a high mountain above the picnic spot in their wing suits, jumped off and flew down within arm's reach of the picnicking birthday party, screaming at the top of their lungs, probably. Crazy buggers...
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    I believe someone set a new world record from the summit of Mont Blanc to Chamonix church last year. Previous record was held by a skier (an entertain video to watch as he runs the last bit), new record was set by a wing suit pilot(?). Unfortunately someone else doing the same flight in a wing suit hit something en route. That was the end of him.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    To all software developers:

Although in my experience it tends to be more "It shouldn't be much work. I expect a working version by this afternoon" and ends up being 3 weeks worth of work.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Robert Stoneman used a shot from Disciple in the new war correspondent video. When I say a shot, I mean a shot. Try not to blink and you may catch my contribution, specifically footage of our very own NicktheNegligent running around.

I would have preferred one of the dancing videos but I guess it didn't quite fit with the other stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-26465106

Never mind that, wheres my realistic Action Man with beer belly gained because he did two weeks basic training and then just did guard duty and ate pies for a whole deployment? The current Action Man is giving young boys body issues with his rock hard abs and biceps.
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Lesser Hivemind Node TWChristine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    .. did you know that this song is actually really good for close embrace couple dancing?
    This is really childish, but that quote mixed with the name of the video made me lol. But it is a really catchy song!
    Steam: Am I Doing This Right?
    Rock, Pen&Paper, Shotgun

I shut down The Quanta Cat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    "Grinding the crack"... hehe, yeah, that does indeed sound really, really bad! Not that that kind of bad can't be good, in the right company...

Edit: did you know that there is actually a historical blues dance called "The Grind"? Yes. Yes, it is just about as bad as it sounds. Have a look for yourselves (at about 0:50):
    Last edited by EsotericReverie; 07-03-2014 at 10:50 AM.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

I promised myself I wouldn't cover Twitch Plays Pokemon but you should never trust me to keep a promise. It's still doing very well for a gimmick that becomes impossible to enjoy after five minutes (TPP that is, though Twitch is Mental is like that but with about 13,000 less viewers). I wanted to make a video that showed how it looks to me every single time, it's suitably horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    "Grinding the crack"... hehe, yeah, that does indeed sound really, really bad! Not that that kind of bad can't be good, in the right company...

Edit: did you know that there is actually a historical blues dance called "The Grind"? Yes. Yes, it is just about as bad as it sounds. Have a look for yourselves (at about 0:50):[/video]
    That's cute, but once you've seen Relentless and his Ottoman Empire it's hard to enjoy something that mild.

Obscure Node
    As much as I don't want to be a party pooper, there's one thing that has kept bugging me for a while now. Is there any point in playing the game aside from farming certs and BR100, let alone doing that solo? I've come from a competitive environment and for me, there's no clear goal in the game to achieve - as much as I love pewpewing, I've realized you don't need goons around to experience the wrath of the zerg.
    My experience lately so far boiled down to either running around with a buttload of people, having nothing to shoot at, as usually there was no resistance at all, or watching these... people camp inside a spawn room under siege, not even trying to bust their way out of there to attack or win the fight (which is bloody infuriating and leads me to produce an extraordinary amount of whine).
    I very much dislike MMORPGs in general for the nature of their gameplay but figured this might be different. So... is there a promised land awaiting me after recording enough hours on the clock?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yakcyll View Post
    As much as I don't want to be a party pooper, there's one thing that has kept bugging me for a while now. Is there any point in playing the game aside from farming certs and BR100, let alone doing that solo? I've come from a competitive environment and for me, there's no clear goal in the game to achieve - as much as I love pewpewing, I've realized you don't need goons around to experience the wrath of the zerg.
    My experience lately so far boiled down to either running around with a buttload of people, having nothing to shoot at, as usually there was no resistance at all, or watching these... people camp inside a spawn room under siege, not even trying to bust their way out of there to attack or win the fight (which is bloody infuriating and leads me to produce an extraordinary amount of whine).
    I very much dislike MMORPGs in general for the nature of their gameplay but figured this might be different. So... is there a promised land awaiting me after recording enough hours on the clock?
    There are many ways to play this game. I and many others find almost anything involving zerg to generally not be the most enjoyable way to play. As an outfit we try to stay away from the zerg and move on to interesting fights when a fight gets lopsided or turns into a spawn camp.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yakcyll, try and look for the 50/50% Ratio battles, or close to it(as low as 35% for your side) when the point hasnt changed yet. These are often very fun battles on your own, I have had many rewarding semi-squads come from that(pubby's that move about supporting eachother, medics and engi's covering the backline with max's and heavy's on the front). With a squad it mostly depends on how tightnit the squad is run and how well the squadleader/Platoonleader manages to pick the right fights.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Is there any point in playing the game aside from farming certs and BR100, let alone doing that solo?
    Suggest you find an organised outfit to play with. As soon as you are working tightly with a squad or two you can actually start to make an impact on fights. It's so much more fun, it's clearly how the game was always meant to be played. Consequently I don't even notice my score per minute or battle rank.

Some people find solo play enjoyable, which I find hard to comprehend. Haven't really played solo since joining RPS, whenever noone else is online I end up quickly becoming frustrated or bored and stop playing.

Lesser Hivemind Node TWChristine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    That's cute, but once you've seen Relentless and his Ottoman Empire it's hard to enjoy something that mild.
    That was the greatest bit of homo-eroticism I've ever seen.
    Steam: Am I Doing This Right?
    Rock, Pen&Paper, Shotgun

I shut down The Quanta Cat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus NickWhite's Avatar
    Real life MAX suits... <insert it's happening gif here>

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26418358
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post
    Real life MAX suits... <insert it's happening gif here>

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26418358
    Now we just have to wait and see if it is going to be sensible to equip them with a minigun or rocket launcher on each arm.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Well hopefully after last evening's session your mind has changed? We had some fantastic plays yesterday :/
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Khatta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Really, Spotify? What do you take me for?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Really, Spotify? What do you take me for?

Hahahaha. Worst recommendation ever.