Page 137 of 250 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 4995

Thread: Off-topic

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by laldy View Post
    Excuuuuuuse me.....Boris said ENGLISH. Currently Britain consists of 3 countries and a principality, only 1 of which is English. Scots Irish and Welsh do not behave like the English abroad. Apart from the drinking.
    Assuming British=English will cause you all kinds of problems. Don't do it, MmmKay?
    While the last sentence is not incorrect, I think it's pretty safe to say that the Scottish, the Welsh, and the Northern Irish do share that great holiday spirit with the English. From experience of all three, I can confirm that for any and all antagonisms or cultural differences, the British share a common disregard for other people's countries and sobriety.

Excuuuuuuse me.....Boris said ENGLISH. Currently Britain consists of 3 countries and a principality, only 1 of which is English. Scots Irish and Welsh do not behave like the English abroad. Apart from the drinking.
    Assuming British=English will cause you all kinds of problems. Don't do it, MmmKay?

No experience with Irish and I think no one will voluntarily say that they're Welsh, but Scots are included. Sorry about that :P

I had a few Scots walk up to me and ask if I would sell them any weed. While standing in front of 3 coffee shops. They were drunk out of their minds and convinced that I had a) all the weed in Amsterdam and b) was purposefully keeping it from them.

Network Hub
    Judging by my stay in Cardiff, it's hard to imagine that the Welsh behave any better than English abroad, unless of course they behave better than they do in their own country. It's a lovely city until about 9pm, when it's invaded by terrifying hard-nuts wearing (for some reason) skin tight white t-shirts with Pamela Anderson on them. Utterly terrifying.
    Origin guvornator69
    Steam guvornator
    Planetside 2 DavidGan1x - Come admire my terrible KDR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    I think its more that the scots, welsh and irish have the decency to act like mental cases at home wheras we save it all up for when we go to another country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    I think its more that the scots, welsh and irish have the decency to act like mental cases at home whereas we save it all up for when we go to another country.
    Agreed!

While we're at it, I'd appreciate it if you'd all start calling this by the correct name as well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    I met a very opinionated dutchman at a wedding one time who went into great depth about that but also assured me that most of the people living there are just as ignorant about that as anyone else. So in that respect its similar to how United Kingdom / Great Britain works.
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Quote Originally Posted by fish food carl View Post
    While the last sentence is not incorrect, I think it's pretty safe to say that the Scottish, the Welsh, and the Northern Irish do share that great holiday spirit with the English. From experience of all three, I can confirm that for any and all antagonisms or cultural differences, the British share a common disregard for other people's countries and sobriety.
    Really? Perhaps you should let us know where you go on holiday, so that we can avoid it
    Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

Quote Originally Posted by cephas View Post
    agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by boris View Post
    while we're at it, i'd appreciate it if you'd all start calling this by the correct name as well.

... can't put two videos in a quote.
    for fucks sake europe!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    If only William III had a son....then we would have a casus belli :P
    Steam: Dominicus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by moms View Post
    Cuba is one place I've not been to, but would really like to see. Have some friends (also Americans) who found it fascinating.
    What did you think of it???
    Cuba was amazing. We travelled around quite a bit, saw lots of different parts of the country and it was great, despite not speaking a word of Spanish. Including the bit where our car broke down up a mountain as it was getting dark, resulting in all the residents of this tiny village coming out and making a huge scene until about 4am. I remember one exasperated woman walking off saying 'loco mechanico!', at her husband or whoever was currently bashing the fuel pipe with a wrench.

So many interesting places and people. Being able to speak the language would have been really useful though, since the best places to eat and stay seem to be people's houses ('paladares'), which isn't really technically legal so you find out about them just from talking to people.

Quote Originally Posted by stoopiduk View Post
    for fucks sake europe!
    Perhaps you should rephrase....to "For Fucks Sake Humans!" Allow the rest of the planet's population to be as petty and ill-informed as us in Yurp
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    ...Yurp
    Haha, that gave me an idea. Wouldn't it be awesome if someone did a film about Wyatt Europe?

+
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Haha, that gave me an idea. Wouldn't it be awesome if someone did a film about Wyatt Europe?

+
    Assuming that is Wyatt Earp, I wonder how many fights he got into because is last name sounds like a polite burp?
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post

+
    With the European elections coming up we do need a figurehead to unite behind!

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    With the European elections coming up we do need a figurehead to unite behind!
    You could probably fit us all behind that moustache.
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    I'm all too aware that there are a lot of Brits that are pig ignorant abroad. I blame it almost entirely on an assumption that everyone speaks English, and it bothers me so much that I always make sure I have a rudimentary understanding of the local language(s) before I go anywhere. Which unfortunately means periodically relearning and reforgetting basic Breton.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Guvornator View Post
    Judging by my stay in Cardiff, it's hard to imagine that the Welsh behave any better than English abroad, unless of course they behave better than they do in their own country. It's a lovely city until about 9pm, when it's invaded by terrifying hard-nuts wearing (for some reason) skin tight white t-shirts with Pamela Anderson on them. Utterly terrifying.
    Confirmed, I live in Cardiff.

Also, I think it's less to do with nationality and more with how the individual is raised. I've (as a somewhat middle class Irishman) been on a fair few European holidays and never been staggering back to the hotel in a state :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    @Cooper - This... is you?

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014...l/#more-207013

We know you're called Nick. We know you went to The Zone. We know the writer's surname includes the name 'Cooper'. If it's not you then you need to worry about your doppelganger!
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    @Cooper - This... is you?

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014...l/#more-207013

We know you're called Nick. We know you went to The Zone. We know the writer's surname includes the name 'Cooper'. If it's not you then you need to worry about your doppelganger!
    I seem to remember him linking to his Thesis and it having that full name.