Page 14 of 195 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-topic

yeah, luckily, I can still function very well without glasses. I sometimes go weeks without, though less and less since wearing the glasses is actually making my eyesight worse, obviously.
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 03-04-2013 at 12:52 PM. Reason: TOUCHSCREEN MADNESS
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckde View Post
    For those curious about the bread baking last night, I was baking Slovenian Beerbread, normally I make one giant loaf, but since the two colleagues who i split the bread with at work aren't here this work, I did 3 sets of 3.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5gz43bx94i...403_103806.jpg

and here we have edible breast implants:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ljr7dsf6ba...312_225434.jpg

Wasn't there supposed to be a food/cooking thread, or am I blind as usual.

Also, instead of LARPing, i chose a sport where I basically get to pelt people with a softball, so... no lightning bolt for me

yeah, theres a baking giraffes thread lurking about.

nerf war is also a nice hobby. I actually use it for acting warmups when I lead a group.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Nerf war could also be fun

it is!

also my kids are old enough now to be awesome at it they look like badass anime characters with the huge nerf guns.
    Since I use it for work, ive got about 6-7 of them. I can essentially host a game of nerf war ;D
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

*looks up flights from Berlin to Vienna*

only 8 hour drive through prague
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Did someone say nerf guns?

551182_10151191996832784_743113234_n.jpg
    283726_10151191997822784_1322787087_n.jpg

That's two pictures of the ZERO team (stewards) for the Dublin city zombie walk from last year. The first year we got about 12 members, last year we got about 40 or more. We got to spend the whole day running around Dublin city with Nerf guns sprayed black and in military gear. The second picture was taken on what is arguable Dublin's busiest street.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Network Hub
    Nerf guns are great for Zombie larping.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Oh dear. Sussex Uni has a HvZ society.. I know the guys who created it... they essentially had to re take a year because of a combination of laziness and too much zombie larping... I was orignally helping them out with logos and stuff, but I gave up because.. its Uni and I actually wanted grades :P.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madmoxxi View Post
    Wardancer said something very sweet once he had the surgery. I can see you moxxi, and we are in bed in the morging thats amazing!
    He actually referred to you as moxxie? Is this going back to the LARPing stuff now ? lol.. I kinda find it a bit weird calling people by their screen names when I know their real names, but I guess I do it here out of politeness just in case people dont want to be called by their real names.. Paul is my name, so its not so bad for others to call me that.
    Last edited by BasicPauly; 03-04-2013 at 07:03 PM. Reason: cba to combine posts, so you can have two.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Did someone say nerf guns?

551182_10151191996832784_743113234_n.jpg
    283726_10151191997822784_1322787087_n.jpg

That's two pictures of the ZERO team (stewards) for the Dublin city zombie walk from last year. The first year we got about 12 members, last year we got about 40 or more. We got to spend the whole day running around Dublin city with Nerf guns sprayed black and in military gear. The second picture was taken on what is arguable Dublin's busiest street.
    Is that grafton street? Pretty impressive. However as a Londoner who travels to Dublin for work monthly I would strongly recommend that you don't try the same thing on bond street. Firstly because the locals are jaded shitheads who aren't having fun so why should anyone else. Secondly the metropolitan police are a little more paranoid than the Garda so those realistic looking assault rifles will probably get you all capped by the real deal.

We're not a larp group, we do it for charity.

The walk takes place in August and it's just an excuse for people to dress up as zombeis and raise some money for different charities each year. We joined in last year when a friend of ours who was an organizer asked us if we'd be interested in acting like a response unit, the kind you'd see in movies. We were told we'd be around run around Dublin in military gear and with toy guns. How could we refuse?

It's a great day, loads of fun and gets a brilliant turn out.

I'll never forget the faces of a bunch of spanish exchange students standing on the corner of the Hard Rock cafe as I lead five other "zeros" thundering around the corner dressed like we could've well been part of a police response team to a hostage situation from some terrible action movie.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Is that grafton street? Pretty impressive. However as a Londoner who travels to Dublin for work monthly I would strongly recommend that you don't try the same thing on bond street. Firstly because the locals are jaded shitheads who aren't having fun so why should anyone else. Secondly the metropolitan police are a little more paranoid than the Garda so those realistic looking assault rifles will probably get you all capped by the real deal.
    That's the one yeah, it's the bottom of Grafton Street near Trinity College.

We were asked up to Belfast to do the same thing, we politely rejected the offer for what we thought where very bloody obvious reasons.

And the Garda get involved with us, some of them have a great laugh alongside us. Dublin Bus for some reason love it as well, they even gave us a bus one year to let the zombies "thrash".

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by BasicPauly View Post
    He actually referred to you as moxxie? Is this going back to the LARPing stuff now ? lol.. I kinda find it a bit weird calling people by their screen names when I know their real names, but I guess I do it here out of politeness just in case people dont want to be called by their real names.. Paul is my name, so its not so bad for others to call me that.
    no he uses my name or my irl nick. rather not say it here
    i am never moxxi irl, only for some ppl that knew me from DH or KN'12. not that many ;P
    You need me again, sweet lips?
    Be my friend on Steam

fighting the urge to get annoyed over something I wont mention except like this.

anyway, we play with our own rules, no dart tag or someshit. if we have more players than guns, we play survivors vs zombies.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Here we see the majestic Giraffe, grazing on a nearby tree in its natural habitat, Amerish.

2013-04-04_00004.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sir hoc View Post
    omnomnom!
    Be my friend on Steam

My AirCow is more of a mechanovore, feeding mainly on Mosquitoes and Reavers, with the occasional side dish of AA teams on exposed platforms. Also teamkills.

Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    My AirCow is more of a mechanovore, feeding mainly on Mosquitoes and Reavers, with the occasional side dish of AA teams on exposed platforms. Also teamkills.
    Omnomnomnom!!
    Be my friend on Steam

I think there should be gibbing in this game. And when you res someone, you fleshmould them back to life.

Now then I would be TKing in my gal all the time.

SQUISH
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 05-04-2013 at 07:56 AM. Reason: SQUISH
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications