Page 16 of 131 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-topic

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madmoxxi View Post
    have you tried portal 2?
    Yep. It was fun, but a bit too much like the original, and I played it too soon after, so I got bored with it after a while. Will probably get back into it sometime later on.

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Ouch. Bad day for him then.

What's a MI patient?
    Myocardial Infarction. The technical term for a heart attack, when one of the blood vessels that supply blood to the heart itself is blocked by a clot. The area of heart muscle supplied by that vessel then dies.

Ah, the technical term in Swedish is "hjärtinfarkt", where "hjärta" == "heart", so similar to that, then. Nasty business anyhow.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Portal 2s biggest problem was that singleplayer was a long tutorial of things you already knew from portal 1, and co-op was a tutorial again of the same things. Which led to many many puzzles that was much too easy and very few that were actually challenging. But then again Portal 2 had a pretty darn funny story, especially since the Co-Op starts as a prelude to the singleplayer and the extra maps* for Co-Op is a epilogue to the singleplayer.

*which here mostly pretty damn good simply because they were actual puzzles not tutorials.

Bioshock 2 was the best. Just putting it out there.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    Bioshock 2 was the best. Just putting it out there.
    i have to agree and i havn't even played it. wardancer did and i was washing. i enjoyed it!
    You need me again, sweet lips?

Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    Portal 2s biggest problem was that singleplayer was a long tutorial of things you already knew from portal 1, and co-op was a tutorial again of the same things. Which led to many many puzzles that was much too easy and very few that were actually challenging. But then again Portal 2 had a pretty darn funny story, especially since the Co-Op starts as a prelude to the singleplayer and the extra maps* for Co-Op is a epilogue to the singleplayer.

*which here mostly pretty damn good simply because they were actual puzzles not tutorials.
    Yeah, I think that must've been one of the biggest problems. It felt slow and the game trying to teach me all these things that I already knew put me off a bit.

Never finished Bioshock, the 1st, though I came very close. Never tried 2. Fairly disinterested in Infinite.

i have to agree and i havn't even played it. wardancer did and i was washing. i enjoyed it!
    Geez. You guys need to have a talk about household equality and gender roles!

I realize you must have meant "watching", but this was just too much fun to miss out on...

I wouldn't have pegged him as the "get in the kitchen" type

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Geez. You guys need to have a talk about household equality and gender roles!

I realize you must have meant "watching", but this was just too much fun to miss out on...
    oh hahaha! xD yes, misspelling like a boss! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    I wouldn't have pegged him as the "get in the kitchen" type
    nope he is certainly not

TO get back on track: Bioshock 2 simply had a better character study. Also Im a dad so I guess I related more to them and their motivations.

Atleast more than RANDOM PERSON PLANE CRASH, ENDS UP IN SUBMARINE CITY, ENDS UP KILLING HIMSELF THEN FIGHTS A GIANT DJINNI OUT OF A BOTTLE.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Oh, and spoiler alert, I see...

I just assumed Wardancers was REALLY REALLY enjoying Bioshock and she was racing to clean up the drool from him/the floor/the desk...
    Planetside2: Noggachomp

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckde View Post
    I just assumed Wardancers was REALLY REALLY enjoying Bioshock and she was racing to clean up the drool from him/the floor/the desk...
    Hahaha! I wish

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Does anyone of you (still) play Awesomenauts? I found an old Yogscast skin key in my inbox. As I do not play it I would like to give it away.

PS: Would prefer to give it to people who play. Not much sense in giving it away otherwise.

Currently reading a book about the battle of the Imjin River (Korea 1951). Interesting point re tanks and hills:

The Brits were using their Centurion tanks (new at the time, and still considered "Top Secret"). The Centurion had bare steel tracks and a manual gearbox. The American tanks had rubber track blocks and an automatic gearbox. The Cenurions could climb hills by dropping into 1st gear, but the American automatic gearboxes resulted in them " coming back down the hill sliding sideways or backwards".

Lightnings clearly have automatic gearboxes then.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    It was not Bioshock 2, it was Bioshock Infinite. Another game

Lesser Hivemind Node BasicPauly's Avatar
    especially you. you are sooooooo creepy
    Hmm.. Hang on, what am I missing here :/... i've done nothing creepy apart from state the obvious... you did tell us your name before. I hope you are joking?

Im confused. Why am I "sooo" creepy :|

Should I take offence at that without any reasoning? Sorry if i've come across creepy, but idk what you're referring to?
    Last edited by BasicPauly; 08-04-2013 at 06:02 PM.