Page 38 of 248 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-topic

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madmoxxi View Post
    i have been singing this all day, in my head...
    it is annoying! so now i am gonna annoy you all!!! *evil laughter*

Best part of the game. No contest.

The bossfight was better IMHO. The dialogue in that is just too good. The song is a really close second though.

like the second one better.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Bleh, Portal 2 was a massive let-down. It was made of nothing but pandering. They even made the puzzles laughably easy in comparison to the first rather than making it more complex. It seemed to me it was largely a case of "find the spot where the portal may be placed" rather than making you think and experiment with velocities and so on.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Perhaps, but the writing and performances saved it for me. Could have gone either way introducing so many new characters but Cave Johnson and Wheatley alone were worth the price of admission. If you'd only shown me the Cave Johnson PSAs and charged me for that I'd be happier than I've been with some full game releases.

I meant the song, but yeah, the game was better too. it was a bit less of a game, granted.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    Bleh, Portal 2 was a massive let-down. It was made of nothing but pandering. They even made the puzzles laughably easy in comparison to the first rather than making it more complex.
    I kind of assumed that the puzzles were just as hard, but felt easy as I had played the first game. Like the learning curve is far too shallow for someone that has already played 1. Might be wrong, it may actually be easier as well.

The song is far better in 1 anyway. :P

and now i feel really stupid!
    i had a hard time with the puzzles!
    You need me again, sweet lips?
    Be my friend on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    wait. what? mittermeier the comedian?
    No, just the same name
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

I just qualified to teach First Aid! People of Edinburgh be afraid, be very afraid!

ARMA, Planetside 2 - Lynche (The 'e' is silent)
    Steam, PS3, Minecraft - Safilpope

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by madmoxxi View Post
    and now i feel really stupid!
    i had a hard time with the puzzles!
    They did start to get harder about halfway through, it just took a long time to get to that point as far as I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Safilpope View Post
    I just qualified to teach First Aid! People of Edinburgh be afraid, be very afraid!
    Remember: squirting your goo on unconscious people is only first aid within Planetside 2. Also congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Perhaps, but the writing and performances saved it for me. Could have gone either way introducing so many new characters but Cave Johnson and Wheatley alone were worth the price of admission. If you'd only shown me the Cave Johnson PSAs and charged me for that I'd be happier than I've been with some full game releases.
    I dunno, for me it lacked the subtlety of the first. Portal 1 had an amazing atmosphere because the humorous things were more part of the background and never detracted from the eerie sterility and morbidity of the testing facility. It felt like they tried way way too hard to amuse you at all times in Portal 2, to the point of literally sticking things right up in your face. But to each their own I guess.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    I dunno, I certainly felt that portal 1 was a far superior game because of how tight and near perfect an experience it was whereas 2 had certainly a fair amount of filler.

On the other hand whilst wheatly did little for me, cave johnson was fantastic:

Also spoilers, clearly :3

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Did anyone else get that sort-of-easter-egg Cave Johnson sound clip where he is talking about lemons?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    So after announcing support for PS2 months ago, the MLG are finally showing streamed events of it.

I quite like watching SC2 being played, I know people like LOL. And I was excited to hear that PS2 was going to get coverage and maybe get more people in playing.

However, my god can I not stand the American style of casting, which essentially seems' to amount to "guys, you can never stop talking, so just talk shite and keep talking shite. Don't worry about being coherent or making scene, just talk BS." Still maybe it'll boost it's profile.

If anyones up and feel's like cringing a bit at two guys just talking super excitedly about the most mundane/basic things of the game, it's up at http://www.twitch.tv/mlg

Maybe it's just me, I'll be honest even when I watch SC2 pro players unless it's one of the few commentators I can tolerate I'll just mute it and talk to a friend or listen to music.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

I still think PS2 and MLG is a really fucking weird mix. I mean, they're bound to miss out on the really amazing things like inter-outfit organisation across all continents, helping the faction as a whole, herding the zerg and so on in addition to the straight up fighting. The element of logistics, grand strategy and organisation is what sets this game apart from others, and these guys, on account of their medium, will be utterly incapable of capturing that. It's such a strange concept.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Yeah I agree with you Orius, I don't think it's a game that translates well at all to eSports and their current way of presenting it. At the moment they basically use what I assume is some sort of "dev" cam to fly around the base that all 3 factions are currently fighting over and try and capture good moments on it.

They also didn't seem to have a goal last night, the guys running the stream just cut it when I guess their show time ran over. It was a three way fight over a three capture point base.

I think it might help get some people into the game, but there was something like 500 people watching the stream of it last night. I'm going to guess most where like me and already play PS2.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    I think it could translate well to esports, but they'd have to focus more on the generals and flow of the battles instead of the minutia. With clear objectives to take across the map worth various points after a set time for example you could easily judge the supreme forces (assuming the troops are participating and not just on a server with pubs everywhere).

But maybe that's less broadcastable.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Give the guys at MLG a chance, of course they can't present PS2 the way it should be, if all they're used to is Call of BattleHonor. I think it could be "good TV", to cover the grand strategy as well, but it would require that the casters listen in on the leaders and really understand what they're trying to do. And that the cast is on a 15 minute delay or something, or people would be giving their strategy away.

They could cover the planning and coordination, with a few shots of the influence/presence maps, and mix that up with a bit of coverage of the interesting fights. Could work.

Quote Originally Posted by Safilpope View Post

nice! good job!
    You need me again, sweet lips?
    Be my friend on Steam