Page 39 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-topic

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Give the guys at MLG a chance, of course they can't present PS2 the way it should be, if all they're used to is Call of BattleHonor. I think it could be "good TV", to cover the grand strategy as well, but it would require that the casters listen in on the leaders and really understand what they're trying to do. And that the cast is on a 15 minute delay or something, or people would be giving their strategy away.

They could cover the planning and coordination, with a few shots of the influence/presence maps, and mix that up with a bit of coverage of the interesting fights. Could work.
    I'll give it a chance of course, but they have a lot to improve on. As I said, it's more just what I call the "American" casting style. You see it across all sports, both traditional and eSports. I've watched CCG tourny's of Netrunner where the casters spend more time talking absolute fluff and garbage and trying to sound super excited when someone does something.

It happens in the NFL too. I was lucky enough to catch a real NFL game in a stadium last year and the commentator in the stadium literally said nothing all game long except for a recap of the play in the manner of "Number 8, John Hand, runs the ball for an 8 yard gain and that gets a first down". It was like heaven.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Well until they wow me with some faction-wide insight, colour me sceptical.

Activated Node
    Is anyone going to Rezzed this year? I'm going with 3 friends (one of whom is Nokillinger who plays with us sometimes). Just thought it might be cool to say hi in real life, or is that too real?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jclooth View Post
    Is anyone going to Rezzed this year? I'm going with 3 friends (one of whom is Nokillinger who plays with us sometimes). Just thought it might be cool to say hi in real life, or is that too real?!!
    I'm planning on going (haven't bought tickets yet) and was going to start a thread for Rezzed organisation. I'm going on my lonesome, but it'll be great to meet up with and hang out with some fellow giraffes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    I'm probably going too.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

highly likely, yes. I might have a game on display.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    I actually planned on going but everything changed with my girlfriend getting a job in Sweden and her moving there, as well as me following her next year. So there is too much planning going on as well as me being required to finish my studies first
    But yay, I'm becoming Swedish
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

yay. any specific part of sweden? Ill be in göteborg this year, and possibly stockholm.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Yeah, indeed! What kind of Swedish are we talking here? Most kinds of Swedish isn't to be bad to be, but there are a few exceptions.

Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei Onryou View Post
    I'm planning on going (haven't bought tickets yet) and was going to start a thread for Rezzed organisation. I'm going on my lonesome, but it'll be great to meet up with and hang out with some fellow giraffes.
    Maybe, depends if I get travel and things paid for :]
    Was so convenient last year as I could just walk there.

ARMA, Planetside 2 - Lynche (The 'e' is silent)
    Steam, PS3, Minecraft - Safilpope

Network Hub
    MLG - I just don't see how it can work with Planetside in a competition format. Even if its just platoon vs platoon that would be 48 people to spread any prize money across. Anything less than that then its not really Planetside & there are far better games for 12 vs 12 competitions. If they are just streaming some game play then.. I don't get the point.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Surlywombat View Post
    MLG - I just don't see how it can work with Planetside in a competition format.
    Yeah, basically this. I would be far more interested to see some in-depth battle report type things. More like the war correspondent videos, but going into detail about different outfits tactics with extended clips of the more interesting fights.

Unfortunately that would require a lot more filming time and effort than just setting up an hour long deathmatch and talking crap over it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    yay. any specific part of sweden? Ill be in göteborg this year, and possibly stockholm.
    Her job is in Uppsala. She already got a small apartment for the time being but when I follow her we will surely need something bigger. But getting something like that seems to be tricky there. At least that's what people have been telling us.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Ah, the wrong side of the country then, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    I actually planned on going but everything changed with my girlfriend getting a job in Sweden and her moving there, as well as me following her next year. So there is too much planning going on as well as me being required to finish my studies first
    But yay, I'm becoming Swedish
    congrats! we have snow and polar bears on the streets all the time
    why uppsala?! Malmö is much better
    You need me again, sweet lips?
    Be my friend on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Have a congratulatory dose of Familjen. If your head starts spinning make sure you sit down.

I think Maskinen is better....
    You need me again, sweet lips?
    Be my friend on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Well I can't be expected to keep track of every Swedish techno-god can I? That said, I'm grateful you brought another to my attention. Kinda like a Swedish Hot Chip (some of the rapping sounds Portuguese in the chorus, is that just my imagination?);

EDIT - It WAS Portuguese! Considering I don't speak that OR Swedish I'm impressed that I spotted it.
    Last edited by jaguar skills; 13-05-2013 at 10:18 PM.