Page 4 of 224 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-topic

Network Hub

Sussex people

A bit like the Hitler viral. A couple of the jokes will make more sense if you have attended these lefty student / Occupy / Judean People's Front type meetings.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchK View Post
    The ones that I'm struggling with today are the bell tower gargoyles - one is fine but two takes the piss! I take it you just have to kill the first one as quick as possible before you get overwhelmed...are there any weak spots / tactics worth knowing with these?
    Just keep moving, and focus one of them down, do not try to get into a corner. I killed them solo the first time and helped another player kill them after. But just try to get behind them (I was mainly dex focus so had a quick roll). But its like... 40+ game hours since i did that .

**Light spoilers**
    Jaguar once you awaken the kingseeker frampt you can "sell" stuff to him. Basically have him eat them and give you some souls, most things are pretty worthless but all the smaller souls you find and keep in your inventory can be sold to him for 400 instead of the 100-300 you get for using them

The headless bastard is not really something you want to mess with if you only just got to the undead parish since its part of a later stage unless you are an "advanced" player and take the shortcut to skip a big part of the undead parish. So just ignore that for now and focus on getting access to the 2 Bells of awakening. But really those headless muppets are pretty easy since they have a few spots where you can hit them and they seem like they just cannot hit you back without turning around which lets you just hit them over and over until they jump.

In the wooden area the bonefire is on one of the ledges that goes up the cliffside, its part of a shortcut to valley of the drakes not really something you need yet.

MitchK: My first and only char in Dark Souls is a wanderer. Scimitar light armor and a decent shield is fun. My only real gripe with the game is that you never really change the way your character plays once you have your weapon. No new attack skills, block skills etc. and if using light armor there is never really seem to be a reason to change armor from the starter gear except for very specific resistance based areas. My lvl 40 something Wanderer still pretty much use the full basic set with a few backup pieces for resistance. Though that might just be me who refuses to put on armor that looks utterly retarded or mix and match pieces until you look like you should be in a carnival
    Last edited by Wardancer; 11-03-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    Though that might just be me who refuses to put on armor that looks utterly retarded or mix and match pieces until you look like you should be in a carnival
    Really? You wear giraffe camo!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    argh, that's way too much detail wardancer! Half of the fun is finding out about most of it yourself. Especially when it's about secret passages and such

Anyway, this site (http://darksouls.wikidot.com/) is by far the best source for information on DS. Be aware that reading too much can be spoilery and will definitely diminish the sense of accomplishment you'll have though. Anyway ... the gargoyles are bastards! You can summon solaire if you're stuck, but killing them basically only requires good dodging and a weapon with decent damage. try to stick to a part that isn't burning until the first one's dead.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Sorry Qaz didnt think any of that would be considered spoilers, added a note about light spoilers in there. Didn't really reveal any secrets though did I?

But I agree, a big part of the game is that you have to find out shit for yourself even though some parts are needlessly silly, like how to get back to the starter area.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    nah, those aren't really spoilers per se, but as exploration is such a huge part of the game (at least for me) details like the shortcut or the location of the bonfire could be more ... eh ... subtle? (that's why i said 'look for the bonfire somewhere close to the glowy door @ forest" before.)

Thanks for the tips chaps! Still fighting through that part...I'm only using my +2 scimitar for that, as the stronger weapons I have (including the gargoyle tail axe - sweet) are too clunky for my chap to use. I can't seem to isolate the dying one when the other arrives, the fire attack has a looong range. I'll get it eventually; going to farm the skellys for a while till I level up some, then go back.

I'm keeping away from the wiki at all costs in terms of boss techniques, but there are some things that are just impossible to understand without googling. Think it must be to do with the translation of stuff from Japanese but so much of it is obscure or just not explained at all. A bit like the 'initialize' button in the menus which is actually the reset button, lol.

This is nice.

They've managed to combine Churchill with Hans Zimmers masterpiece 'Time'.
    That's pretty good in my book.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

POINT OF NO FUCKING RETURN!!
    just pressed send on my essay... Aaaaah!!!!!!!
    You need me again, sweet lips?
    Be my friend on Steam

Quote Originally Posted by madmoxxi View Post
    That means its time to get drunk, nothing you do now with have any effect on the essay.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Is this the last thing you do now to finish off your education?

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Is this the last thing you do now to finish off your education?
    nope, i got 10 weeks of hospital internship-thingy...
    i'll be done at the 5th June if everything goes the way i want it.

That means its time to get drunk, nothing you do now with have any effect on the essay.
    will do when i know if i made it or not...
    Be my friend on Steam

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Feldspar View Post
    That means its time to play Planetside 2 24/7 for the glory of the giraffes, nothing you do now with have any effect on the essay.
    FTFY

Blah blah

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post
    This is nice.

They've managed to combine Churchill with Hans Zimmers masterpiece 'Time'.
    That's pretty good in my book.
    "We will fight.. for our BONUS CHECKS!!!!!!"
    Find me on the Steams

nope, i got 10 weeks of hospital internship-thingy...
    i'll be done at the 5th June if everything goes the way i want it.
    Ah, yeah, but that's just work. No more studies then, if all goes well. Congratulations!

Ah, yeah, but that's just work. No more studies then, if all goes well. Congratulations!
    i can only wish. national exam the 12th of April and practical exam at my internship place... the will make me sick before i even start work for real...
    Be my friend on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Congratulations!

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    i can only wish. national exam the 12th of April and practical exam at my internship place... the will make me sick before i even start work for real...
    You'll be fine, you have a tower of giraffes with you :3

Ah, I see. For my Masters exam in computer science-related stuff, the essay was the last thing. I wrongly assumed the same applied here.

Good luck, then!

Ah, I see. For my Masters exam in computer science-related stuff, the essay was the last thing. I wrongly assumed the same applied here.

Good luck, then!
    It is okay, the nursing school is abit dumb sometimes. we are about 60 persons and they don't have places for all of us at the local hospitals. so whey divided us in 2 and one part are writing now and the other one does the practical shit. then we switch.

*dies*

Quote Originally Posted by apricotsoup View Post
    You'll be fine, you have a tower of giraffes with you :3
    Thank you apricotsoup :3
    it is good to know

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Congratulations!
    And thank you
    Be my friend on Steam