Page 46 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-topic

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    I can see that but theres not a lot else console-wise, id be a playstation man it it werent for thay piece of shit controller that is unworkable for fps games.

I wont be at rezzed, but only because my own kind terrify me. I saw dopefish's coverage of minecon and if rezzed is anything like that I dont think I could handle the awkwardness. Anyone been before? Id hate to compare it to something as insipid as a minecraft convention without evidence.
    what the hell. itll be lovely. and I can prove it: I'll be there.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Well anythings nice in brighton. You could have a 70s british kids tv presenter convention there and it would be lovely. I regularly go to birmingham for my job though, and it would be hard to persuade me to go to a jessica alba bra fitting session there unpaid.*

* if there are any jessica alba bra fittings happening in your area please disregard that and let me know about it immediately. Ill even go to norfolk or belgium.

I know one life left had their christmas party very near my office in london and rps sometimes use the same pub, if theres a meetup going on there id be up for it for sure. So long as its just rps, eurogamer can fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Ill even go to Norfolk

Sweet mother of god...
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

but I dont go to the UK often. this is probably 1 of two times ill be there. this year atleast.

weirdly enough, the other event im going to is also in the NEC.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Well youre german. Brummies, cocknies, geordies, all just the same unproductive backwards eu disrespecting island right? You could never appreciate how terrible birmingham truly is.

im belgian and I live in austria. germany has nothing to do with anything.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Its like I went to hamburg once. I liked it. For all I know germans could think its hell on earth. Ive never seen such wide pavements.

Oh. Europe is confusing. You guys need to start making those accents more different. I mentioned that guy on the daft punk album earlier and hes allegedly italian. Im not having it!

See as little as I know about germany it positively dwarfs my austria and belgium knowlege.

Austria - arrrnold, hitler, that bloke with the secret cellar

Belgium - chocolate, stella artois, in bruges starring colin farrell

you forgot the pedophile network in belgium too.
    its what unites the peoples of belgium and austria.

to be fair though, even austrians think Im one of them. belgians however think im german.
    - Tom De Roeck.

This is another great reason not to go to rezzed. On the internet if you interact with a human being for 6 months or more and still dont even know what country theyre from its pretty embarrasing but nowhere near the level of awkwardness you could achieve face to face. Granted thats probably a problem more for dummies like me that dont pay attention but there you go.

seriously, I dont give a shit if you knew the king of belgium himself. however, I am an entertainer. so if you drop by at rezzed even if only for a day, YOU WILL BE ENTERTAINED.
    - Tom De Roeck.

I tell you its those damn stella adverts, to the uk belgium is just france 2.0. Flemish is something that just happens if you dont clear your throat. No way do we ever suspect that people who do a decent arnie could be belgian.

At the risk of offending two groups simultaneously, is flemish a proper thing or is it like the scots language which is just english spoken badly?

its a dialect. though funnily enough, the council that decides on proper dutch is actually in brussels.

either way, if you change your mind, just drop a line in the rezzed thread. :D
    - Tom De Roeck.

Will do. I have a lot of projects which may pull me away with work (on a train to edinburgh right now) but will give you a shout if I can make it.

Getting this thread back on track, album talk! Talib kwale has a new one, prisoner of concious. Youre never going to touch the blackstar era but outside of immortal technique and a couple of others hes still one of the most exciting sincere forces in hiphop. The intro is awesome too, but he always starts strong so thats no surprise.

Network Hub

They're playing our song!

http://www.barbican.org.uk/music/eve...l.asp?ID=14792

I guess Rezzed will be the Rock Planet Shotgun meet proper but London people might fancy getting together for a singalong. It might be worth just going over a couple of the other songs beforehand, since the bit we all know is a couple of hours in.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Hehe, nice!

For everyone who is having trouble with Miller crashing, have this. Certainly took my mind off it.

nothing is like waiting...
    drives me crazy!!
    did a test the other week and they will probably let us know the results by monday or tuesday or wednesday... meh!
    You need me again, sweet lips?