Page 54 of 258 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 5143

Thread: Off-topic

Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    That's already dangerous with usual people. With beginners, it's gonna be a lot of team kills and explosions
    Dude, everyone's flown a bathtub before - nothing to worry about.

I'll be trying that "Spiderman trick" with a Gal at the earliest opportunity (read: crashing and burning repeatedly).

Since we're talking about leardership colored smokes in another topic, I thought I would share one of my favorite screenshot :

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=153307329

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    English people - your accents are even better in person than in comms. You also made me feel like a right tourist when locals couldn't understand me asking for "the nearest ATM" and when taxi companies kept having difficulty with my way of saying Loughborough, which everyone else told me on the last night of my stay was actually pronounced "luff-borough".

Also your festivals are way nicer and less stabby than Irish ones.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    It's actually pronounced Looga-Barooga.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Next time I travel there I'm not going to learn the names, just the post codes. Taxi drivers are mental for post codes it seems
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Rubbish taxi drivers are at least :P The taxi company I use knows where to pick me up and where to drop me off based on the time of day I call. 8am, home to work. 5pm, work to home. 11pm, home to Mosh. One of the few cases where I've found customer profiling to be incredibly beneficial.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Phish, you put me in mind of going to dublin for the first time and discovering

1. Your pluralisation of euro is euro. Meanwhile im asking how many euros things are.

2. You dont seem to have postcodes which makes telling the taxi driver where to go very tricky.

3. I cant remember the phone number for it but theres an irish version of 118 118 with a near identical advertising campaign but the two runner men wear green and have ginger hair. This was by far the best discovery.

1. In parts of Dublin (the north), the correct way to pronounce euro is "eura/euras", example "Dah jackeh was only five euras" because people in the north are subject to possibly having terrible accents.

2. We have postcodes, but there's only about 25 of them. They range from 1-24, don't include all numbers in that range and are of various sizes and are not broken down at all. Odd numbers are to the north and even are to the south. If you told a taxi driver you wanted to go to "dublin 15" he'd be force to ask what part, because it's huge.

3. 11850!

Steam ID

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Any taxi driver going nuts over the postcode is a lazy taxi driver solely relying on his GPS. Or nowadays just a smartphone.

I'm thinking mickygor uses the taxi a bit too much...

Work pays for it :P
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

I'm just going to leave this here (because I don't know where else I would post it).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So glad I stuck it out with that video. What the actual fuck?

It took me about 2 minutes to realize he was actually a real guy and not CG, I don't know what is real anymore
    ARMA, Planetside 2 - Lynche (The 'e' is silent)
    Steam, PS3, Minecraft - Safilpope

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Hehe, good catch, Sinomatic!

Quote Originally Posted by Safilpope View Post
    It took me about 2 minutes to realize he was actually a real guy and not CG, I don't know what is real anymore
    Video game companies should just hire him to play every character in their game and replace graphics with video.

Steam ID

For some reason I really liked that (which is impressive as I don't like Rihanna songs). Very good find. How'd you come about it?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Safilpope View Post

I'm honestly still not sure.

The very beginning and ending he looked real, but the rest of the time, that was an amazing impersonation of CG if it wasn't actually.

I thought it was an impersonation of early animatronics. Like Lincoln in the Hall of Presidents? Robotic movement, but a bounciness on the servos.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    I enjoyed it in a Priscilla Queen of the Desert kind of way, though I'm not entirely sure I understood why it existed or what it was doing. Also, I watched the whole thing waiting for him to look like CGI. He had to share his can of gold spray-paint with a puppet so I doubt he had the budget for decent computer generated effects. Come to think of it, maybe thats the reason he made the video...

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rei Onryou View Post
    For some reason I really liked that (which is impressive as I don't like Rihanna songs). Very good find. How'd you come about it?
    I don't like Rhianna songs much either. I was just a bit too transfixed to stop watching it lol. I found it via on one of the sites I regularly cast an eye over. I was scrolling down through the posts and happened to notice that it said Giraffe, so I took a closer look. And lo and behold...

From what I gather, Steam powered giraffe are some music/performance group (who are perhaps popular with the steampunk crowd). They do the whole metallic skin/robotic movement stuff on-stage too.