Thread: Off-topic

Quote Originally Posted by Skiant View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/pmOLN7e.png

Crappy phone pic, but I had to.
    looks beautiful
    You need me again, sweet lips?
    Be my friend on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    This started off as a jape but im feeling kind of insecure now, what if everyone owns a giraffe/pipe combo and im the weirdo who missed the memo?
    Are those just props or do you both smoke them?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    This started off as a jape but im feeling kind of insecure now, what if everyone owns a giraffe/pipe combo and im the weirdo who missed the memo?
    I own neither, so you're not alone.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Allow me to relate to you some of my youth...

As a young'un I never really did the smoking behind the bike sheds thing or anywhere else for that matter. There were several reasons for this: 1) I wasn't cool enough to hang out behind the bike sheds; 2) none of my friends smoked; 3) nicotine makes me want to curl up in a ball and die; 4) I thought my mum might find out and I'd get in trouble; 5) I'm cheap.

This inability/unwillingness to smoke persisted throughout university (even those ones - tried it, didn't like it) and long into working years as well. However, this plan was scuppered upon an eventful weekend whereupon myself and some friends dressed in tweed and brandishing pipes headed to St. Neots for a beer festival. None of us regular smokers, we thought pipes would be a laugh - the tweed, however, was pure styling.

It was windy and couldn't get the pipes to light on the walk over so we gave up for then. After screwing each other over on rounds by buying each other the strongest beer we could find at the festival (the record was a 14% abv porter I think but my memory is somewhat hazy) we adjourned for a curry and missed the last train home. Waiting patiently at the station for a train that would never come I remembered my pipe and passed the time by attempting to light the blighter. Success! I was happily puffing away and feeling very proud of myself.

Finally, it dawned on us that a taxi was the only way home. The trip was uneventful apart from I lost my tweed hat but then to cheer myself up began my "Tobacco Blowout". Chewing tobacco (smusch?) and snuff were imbibed with furious pipe smoking on the patio until the wee hours and then with a small rum nightcap to bed.

Oh dear god... I was sure there was an abscess at the back of my throat. A hole going straight through to the outside, directly through my spine. I was scared imagining what it might have looked like. Thankfully it was just my imagination and a couple of days later my hangover passed and everything was alright. I've not smoked it or anything since and I think I've only put it in my mouth for that photograph.

Summary
    I've only really smoked a pipe once.

P.S. Would you like to know about the giraffe?

I used to smoke it but I'm terrible for filling the pipe so I smoke cigars instead.
    I am a man of refined tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by madmoxxi View Post
    looks beautiful
    I know, right? The giraffe isn't bad looking neither.
    Last edited by Skiant; 23-06-2013 at 07:05 PM.
    Planetside 2 | Miller | [RPS] Irumani
    Guild Wars 2 | Vizunah | [RPS] Morganne Melua (N80) + [RPS] Namassi Melua (G80) + a few more.
    Steam | [FUCA] Skiant

Quote Originally Posted by Skiant View Post
    I know, right? The giraffe isn't bad looking neither.
    exactly what i meant <3
    You need me again, sweet lips?
    Be my friend on Steam

And if you enjoyed this as much as i did, i recommend taking a glance at 'Amazing Person On My Mind' (Official Music Video).
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

So one of my videos has erroneously turned up on some jaguar skills (the other one) fan feed. To be fair, it's that one about Eurovision so... Nope still not making any sense.

http://jaguarskills.keybit.co.uk/index.php?topic=2942.0

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    The other one? There's more than one of you?
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

I just had my leg x-rayed, apparently I broke something in my knee around 4 years ago and never even noticed. Is that common, or am I some kind of pain resistant weirdo?
    ARMA, Planetside 2 - Lynche (The 'e' is silent)
    Steam, PS3, Minecraft - Safilpope

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    It's relatively common, yea.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Can't really justify a new thread for this stupid and very off topic thing, but I made a video about the emotional range of BF4.

Breddit - http://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/...battlefield_4/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Nice. That video also made me realise that PS2 has ruined me for other FPS games. Explosion right next to you? Need to run away and heal up, surely?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Hehehe, good one. Where in the world do you find all these strange songs, though?

That one was actually from a local music act I knew years ago when I lived in Derby. He's called Dr CocacolaMcdonalds and most of his songs are the least subtle social commentary you've ever heard. You can get an album of sorts from here for free if you like really stupid shit;

http://www.duckworthsquare.com/AAS037/

I'd recommend the Gene Hackman songs in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post

And if you enjoyed this as much as i did, i recommend taking a glance at 'Amazing Person On My Mind' (Official Music Video).
    Can't tell if this guy is trolling or if I just watched history's funniest suicide note.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    My friend and colleauge SUPERKARL (who some may recall played with us for a little bit way back when) just tipped me off to Gizoogle, a site that turns webpages 'gangsta'. Good reading! Some bad language here, though.

Rock Planet Shotgun outfit website:
    http://www.gizoogle.net/index.php?se...le+Dis+Shiznit

Rock, Paper, Shotgun:

Our forums sadly work rather badly, due to messing up the CSS, but hey, it's ours:

Or what do you say, QuantaPussaaaaay?

I also particularly like the Gizoogled introduction thread "Introduce yo ass muthafucka! Da Inevitable Dum diddy-dum, here I come biaaatch! Who tha fuck Yo ass Is thread dawwwg!".

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    "I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch." ah lol
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    This is unbelievable! This shit is amazing.

A bunch of our asses kicked it wit up at Rezzed (the PC n' indie game show) dis weekend yo, but it ain't no stoppin cause I be still poppin'. Despite bein confronted wit dozenz of game our crazy asses hadn’t eva played we nevertheless ended up playin yet mo' Planetside 2 fo' a minute durin a mini-Call-to-Arms dat took place on Sunday. It make me wanna hollar playa! Nuff props ta all dem fools dat joined our asses on Mumble fo' tha event.
    Below be a photo of tha Vanu whoz ass juiced it up ta Rezzed: