Page 59 of 269 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 5373

Thread: Off-topic

  1. #1161
    Activated Node Chaoskilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Herne, Germany
    Posts
    76
    Something maybe Giraffe related......

  2. #1162
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sweden (Göteborg)
    Posts
    3,317
    Oh, that is a good one. Got posted here a long long time ago. Maybe even back in 2012, so it was about time for a revival.

  3. #1163
    Network Hub Skiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Brussels, BE
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    I like this guy, expecially the choice of music


    I need to practice, that much is obvious.
    That is amazing. I have to practice Galaxy fly.
    Planetside 2 | Miller | [RPS] Irumani
    Guild Wars 2 | Vizunah | [RPS] Morganne Melua /Namassi Melua
    Steam | [FUCA] Skiant

  4. #1164
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Torquay, Devon, UK
    Posts
    15
    Had to link this for all those that live over or come from the wrong side of the wall.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Op1Mng4oY

  5. #1165
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,587
    Yeah, that Skywhale video was incredible! The bit where he is on fire, stops around a corner and one of the reavers flies straight into him. Or doing laps underneath the biolab - where has he gone? : o

  6. #1166
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sweden (Göteborg)
    Posts
    3,317
    Yeah, he's got a good grasp of Galaxy handling, that's for sure. Wonder what airframe he's running with. I'm going to guess it's hover stability for that extra agility using vertical thrust.

  7. #1167
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    4,393
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Yeah, he's got a good grasp of Galaxy handling, that's for sure. Wonder what airframe he's running with. I'm going to guess it's hover stability for that extra agility using vertical thrust.
    From the comments

    "For setup it's:1) High G frame 3
    2) nano repair
    3) Fire supression"
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

    Steam ID

  8. #1168
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sweden (Göteborg)
    Posts
    3,317
    Yeah, I thought so. Will have to look into the High G airframe. Got fire suppression and auto repair (as of last night!) maxed out already, and run with precision drop frame 3 right now. Would probably gain in mobility by using high G instead.

  9. #1169
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,624
    Apparently we know which faction Tony Stark would choose;

    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.



  10. #1170
    So Iron man is NC (even though the picture is patriot, Stark fits the corporate side of things and, of course, the ACDC connection), Iron patriot is TR maybe? Leaving us with the guy with the laser whips from the second movie I guess...

    Cheesy as it was, I could dig a laser whip for the ZOE max. Run up close and BAM!

  11. #1171
    Moderator QuantaCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    7,021
    actually, the transhumanists from the third movie probably fit best.
    - Tom De Roeck.

    verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

    "Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

  12. #1172
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,140
    Re: Gal shenanigans

    High G over precision drops. The precision drops allows for better braking and the pitch helps with those banking turns that use the vertical thrust but with practice using the vertical thrust to brake (pitch up) and the added speed on the vertical thrust for banking turns means the High G can do anything the precision drops does, adds faster forward momentum (as the racer does) and gets you off the ground faster for those last-second pick ups.

    You can tell he's using High G by the way he flys. He's almost always banking really hard.

    Auto repair is fucking amazing. Get it over anything else.

    I like Fire Suppression for the way it means you can almost always survive near-critical. With a few seconds before it starts repairing itself and fire suppression I rarely lose a Gal if I have time to get behind terrain. I only lose Gals to huge alpha strikes (from things like Strikers). Problem is not everyone else knows this...

    People are fucking chickens and drop out of my galaxy too soon. Because you are pitifully scared little creatures.

    If my Galaxy starts burning stay in it anyway. I know what I'm doing damn it. What's the point of certing in survivability upgrades that mean a Gal can tank vast amounts of damage if chickenshit passengers drop out in the middle of fucking nowhere once it's 2/3rds damaged?

    Screw you chickenshit passengers. You can fucking run all the fucking way to where I land. I'm not gonna turn around and pick you up from a hot zone because you had no faith in my abilities. No fucking way. I wanna see you run. Run that timid little arse of yours back home.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

  13. #1173
    Network Hub Skiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Brussels, BE
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    actually, the transhumanists from the third movie probably fit best.
    Does that mean we have a badass Gwyneth on our side?
    Planetside 2 | Miller | [RPS] Irumani
    Guild Wars 2 | Vizunah | [RPS] Morganne Melua /Namassi Melua
    Steam | [FUCA] Skiant

  14. #1174
    Moderator QuantaCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    7,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Re: Gal shenanigans

    High G over precision drops. The precision drops allows for better braking and the pitch helps with those banking turns that use the vertical thrust but with practice using the vertical thrust to brake (pitch up) and the added speed on the vertical thrust for banking turns means the High G can do anything the precision drops does, adds faster forward momentum (as the racer does) and gets you off the ground faster for those last-second pick ups.

    You can tell he's using High G by the way he flys. He's almost always banking really hard.

    Auto repair is fucking amazing. Get it over anything else.

    I like Fire Suppression for the way it means you can almost always survive near-critical. With a few seconds before it starts repairing itself and fire suppression I rarely lose a Gal if I have time to get behind terrain. I only lose Gals to huge alpha strikes (from things like Strikers). Problem is not everyone else knows this...

    People are fucking chickens and drop out of my galaxy too soon. Because you are pitifully scared little creatures.

    If my Galaxy starts burning stay in it anyway. I know what I'm doing damn it. What's the point of certing in survivability upgrades that mean a Gal can tank vast amounts of damage if chickenshit passengers drop out in the middle of fucking nowhere once it's 2/3rds damaged?

    Screw you chickenshit passengers. You can fucking run all the fucking way to where I land. I'm not gonna turn around and pick you up from a hot zone because you had no faith in my abilities. No fucking way. I wanna see you run. Run that timid little arse of yours back home.

    I assume this means your academic work didnt go as desired?
    - Tom De Roeck.

    verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

    "Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

  15. #1175
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,140
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    I assume this means your academic work didnt go as desired?
    Oh, no, that went really well. For those of you flying the SkyWhale Express, it is now Doctor Cooper, to you. Bitches
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

  16. #1176
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,587
    *Jumps out of burning galaxy to hide under a rock*

    Congratulations to our benevolent overlord Dr Cooper PhD, MGir!

  17. #1177
    Moderator QuantaCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    7,021
    Congrats Herr Doktor!
    - Tom De Roeck.

    verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

    "Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

  18. #1178
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Boris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,558
    Congrats, Cooper!

  19. #1179
    Activated Node HexPen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Oh, no, that went really well. For those of you flying the SkyWhale Express, it is now Doctor Cooper, to you. Bitches
    /Looks up jealously from his protothesis and mutters "You're not a doctor yet, you've not graduated. You try changing the name on your credit cards. You can't do it."

    But in all seriousness, congratulations Cooper. Glad it went well. Did you get away with no corrections?

    How long was it and how many references? Just trying to get a feel about other disciplines. No questions about girth.
    Last edited by HexPen; 02-07-2013 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Added smut potential

  20. #1180
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sweden (Göteborg)
    Posts
    3,317
    Gratulerar!

    And I knew I should have invested in high g. Another 700 wasted certs...

    f
    inally, we're pulling this thread insanely off topic. Could we try to get back on topic and move the TopGir discussion to another thread? See Ksempac's suggestion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •