Page 6 of 204 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-topic

BBC name-checks Rock Paper Shotgun main website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21802508

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Since Rezzed is gonna be in Birmingham this year, I'm definitely attending. Anyone else going?
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Ive been to eurogamer for the past few years, but ive never paid any attention to rezzed, nor do i know anything about it... is it any good/obligatory comparison to EG expo?

No clue, didn't go last year, but it's a collaboration between Eurogamer and RPS and from what I've heard it was pretty good. You can read about it here.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Aw rezzed is moving? I liked being able to walk there from my house last year.

It was pretty decent before but not that big. Was nice to be able to sidle around and there were some good talks, I imagine it'll be a fair bit bigger this year as last year there wasn't really 2 days of things to do (more like an hour unless you went to the talks).

But I worked at it last time so my views are probably a bit different to the people who paid to go.

[edit] Also the drinks afterwards are nice, there were a few developer tables and things.

I'm grateful for the move - would've cost me £90 to get there before, now it's gonna cost me £6.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

Network Hub
    I'm not sure I like it being bigger. I enjoyed the smaller scale to eurogamer.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Hitler downfall memes are played out to shit but this one mentions giraffe camo and the end made me actually laugh so thought I'd share. Infs and light assaults should have thick skin before pressing play, oh and this was made in June last year so a lot of the references will sound bizarre if you only started playing this month (who remembers a million resource types and flamethrower maxes? Anyone?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBJ9hTjMVps

Bonus self defense video. If you're like me, you probably think most self defense videos don't offer nearly enough murder based techniques. Bas rutten feels your pain, but not nearly as much as he inflicts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-pd3ekzVr8

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Dunno if people have seen this, but its pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgox84KE7iY

At first I thought there were some great effects and I couldn't tell where cg was used, then I saw the decommissioned jets and realised it was Russia. Not only do I now believe it was all done for real I'm wondering if Russian gangsters are using google glass as the next level dashboard cam.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Hitler downfall memes are played out to shit but this one mentions giraffe camo and the end made me actually laugh so thought I'd share. Infs and light assaults should have thick skin before pressing play, oh and this was made in June last year so a lot of the references will sound bizarre if you only started playing this month (who remembers a million resource types and flamethrower maxes? Anyone?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBJ9hTjMVps
    Hahahaha! That was a really good one!

"Rather than spend their cash on boosts and weapon sidegrades, all they buy is giraffe pants and Hello Kitty weapon tints!"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Passed my exam :')

Also turned in my prep work for my bachelors today. Good fucking day. Now to play vidyagames and get inebriated all weekend.
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post

Also turned in my prep work for my bachelors today. Good fucking day. Now to play vidyagames and get inebriated all weekend.
    Congratulations!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

And not necessarily in that order! (well, at least not while the servers are still down)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Congrats! What are you gonna write your bachelor about?

Awesome, Ridebird! Considering how active you are with the outfit, I'm extremely impressed that you manage to balance it all so apparently well

Now, on an entirely less cheery note, I hate the danish climate and my hilariously bungled immune system with equal vociferousness. It's the middle of March, and there's a goddamn snowstorm outside my window. As if that wasn't enough, the endless wet cold we have here gets to my shredded knees (Every. Fucking. Year.), so I have to take enough prescription NSAIDS for a retirement home just to pick up groceries. Prescription NSAIDS that, coincidentally, play keep-away with the immune system, and thus force me to make the choice between either being functionally invalid most days, or being sick constantly. I tried the former the first few months of winter, decided it didn't work, and as reward for then having chosen the latter, I've had laryngitis and absolutely vicious flu within the last three weeks. Whoop-de-fucking-doo-da

Hopefully, come actual spring and non-stupid weather, I can get back to playing somewhat regularly with you guys - it's been far too long since I last managed a Strat Night without losing my voice

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    I also work part-time.. I have not balanced it well though to be completely honest, I should spend more time studying. The exam was my third re-exam as well sooo, but jesus christ I couldn't learn the law if my life was on the line. Found that to be extremey hard. I also don't like to sleep so there's that

Thanks for the congratulations though, was a huge relief since I now only have my bachelor's left and then I am, well, unemployed. But at least I graduated.

Regarding the weather, it is fucking terrible this year. I am not very far from you samp, and spring is taking way too goddamn long. It is seriously cold here. In march! Last time this year we were barbequing outside in 10-15 degree weather.

Sir Hoc: I am doing a study over time regarding the depiction and portrayal of the Swedish Democrats in Aftonbladet. Basically I want to see if they are being portrayed as less racist and in less negative terms over time, from 2005-2012. My "hypothesis" (even though that doesn't exist in media and communication studies) is that the media have adjusted their portrayal and also their opinion pieces based on the fact that SD is very popular today, and that many of their readers might not come back with "unfair" journalism regarding SD.
    Find me on the Steams

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Regarding the weather, it is fucking terrible this year. I am not very far from you samp, and spring is taking way too goddamn long. It is seriously cold here. In march! Last time this year we were barbequing outside in 10-15 degree weather.
    We have half a foot of snow. In England. On March 22nd.

We're confused by the fact we have snow at all.
    "Swans are so big, they're like the Ostriches of the bird world"

Snowing here too. This time last year, I was getting sunburnt whilst fishing in shirt sleeves on the Lake of Mentieth