Page 65 of 269 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 5377

Thread: Off-topic

Third party heatsinks and the case headers are, in my experience, the only things that reach "moderate" difficulty, and even then that's only without the manual.

Tom's Hardware is an excellent website
    Testify! Toms Hardware has a monthly(ish) updated graphics card round up and a similar processor round up when new units are released. Cannot recommend those guides enough, although they only seem to link to US retailers.

My GTX 770 is finally arriving today, as recommended by Toms Hardware, are there any particular graphics settings to avoid, even with such a beast under the hood?
    Last edited by stoopiduk; 29-07-2013 at 09:21 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Speaking of which, where in Sweden did she move? It is a fairly large country, after all.
    Uppsala. And thanks for the tipps.
    And yes, I know that building a PC is not that hard, but I know my girlfriend and I doubt that this is going to happen
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Tbh, while it is easy, I find myself growing lazy. This pc I just ordered built for me because I couldnt be arsed to aquite all of the components and wait for them separately. I needed the pc fast to finish my degree haha. Also to play BF3 .

I bought new stuff yesterday. ��
    She's got lots of layers, like an onion made of boobs.
    - Lilith about Moxxi
    Be my friend on Steam

stuff...? etc etc 10char
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by madmoxxi View Post
    I bought new stuff yesterday. ��
    Yeah, thanks to this discussion I finally got round to ordering a new case! (current case is literally the only thing left from my old rig apart from the keyboard and a monitor covered in bits of masking tape and graphite that I use to trace stuff...)

Can second Amazon for components... as much as I hate their giant corporate destructiveness the prices are some of the cheapest, with free and reliable delivery.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    I hate seeing all this upgrading going on! It makes me nervous.. I mean, ive got a GTX 570, so I should be good for a good long while, but I just hate the rate that they churn out these cards now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    While on the topic of cases, I highly recommend the slightly bizarre Raven R03. Everything is mounted vertically, with the contacts on the motherboard facing upwards, along with the exhaust from any graphic card fans etc. in the bottom are two huge 28 cm fans that push cold air from underneath the case up through the top. It's kept my components at very comfortable temperatures all through summer, and having the contacts at the top makes it much easier to connect peripherals. It's a big feller though...

Worth starting a thread for Hardware discussion/Rig pr0n sharing?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Folks, I'd just like to bring it to the attention of you all, that this is a sub-forum of another forum. All the things you are talking about in here, can be talked about out there as well. As someone whose active in both the RPS main and RPS PS2 forums, this subforum feels very much like a closed community, who aren't interested in joining in conversation with the rest of the site.

I'd like to invite you all again to branch out into the rest of the forums. There's an entire sub-forum dedicated to hardware already which can be found here.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Yes, also, use the "Whats New" function, it gives you an overview, and you can see all the stuff thats from the PS2 subsection anyway.

Also, those interested in hearing my version of Daft Punks new album, go here: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...Vanu-RAM-ReCut

the first four words are the pw.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    But what if I get into a conversation with someone who wants to tell me about roguelikes and whatever indy platformer with a message is out this week?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Ignore them, like I do.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Activated Node
    Internet in my house doesn't get installed until next week. What did people do before the Internet?! I feel like I've lost a limb...

Quote Originally Posted by Twennynoin View Post
    Internet in my house doesn't get installed until next week. What did people do before the Internet?! I feel like I've lost a limb...
    Sleep when they were supposed to lol!
    PS2 a.k.a. PurpleSnow
    also available on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    I haven't been able to play for a few days (missed the zombies ) because my computer's been BSOD-ing.

Kept happening after about an hour of up-time then would BSOD. A restart and all would be fine. Assumed it was a hardware fault.

Memtest and connection chek later, all ok there.

Eventually found the cause. My SSD has a fault that only appears after 'about 5,100 power-on-hours'. A firmware update and all seems ok.

That's, in all honesty, the fucking wierdest fault I've ever had with a computer. I've always dismissed people who can't understand computers as they seem to make no sense, as computer's do make sense, they just aren't intuitive. But that. That makes no fucking sense whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Eventually found the cause. My SSD has a fault that only appears after 'about 5,100 power-on-hours'. A firmware update and all seems ok.
    I have an SSD, a Crucial M4, which had exactly that issue. I read about the firmware bug early on though and updated it before it had been used for more than 5000 hours, so luckily I didn't have to go through the BSODs.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    I have an SSD, a Crucial M4, which had exactly that issue. I read about the firmware bug early on though and updated it before it had been used for more than 5000 hours, so luckily I didn't have to go through the BSODs.
    Yeah, the M4 is what I have...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by CaBBagE View Post
    Sleep when they were supposed to lol!
    I have actually started doing this. It's weird.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Got a new monitor so been testing out filming in 1080p.

What's the best way to test such a resolution? Garry's Mod! Obviously.

I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.