Page 68 of 250 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 4988

Thread: Off-topic

Activated Node
    On god, Jag. My sides. That's tickled me completely.

IIIIIIIIIIIH! Anyone watching the StarCraft2 games now?
    You need me again, sweet lips?
    Be my friend on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    You say the StarCraft2 games like there's ever a time when at least 500 games of Starcraft2 aren't being broadcast somewhere online. Any in particular?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I get what I pay for, apparently: a bit above 24M up and about 1M down. I pay a lot more than 20€ a month though...

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    You say the StarCraft2 games like there's ever a time when at least 500 games of Starcraft2 aren't being broadcast somewhere online. Any in particular?
    the one and only game! WCS EU, we had a swedish dude playing. but he lost so never mind.
    Be my friend on Steam

Swedes are doing good in the International Dota2 tournament though. I think they're guaranteed a 2nd place now.

I think they're going to take first though. Alliance is really good.

I'm just going to pretend Dewi didn't say anything;

Hahaha. They're rolling out fiber to the home now in my neighbourhood. If I ever feel like paying 70 euros a month I'll post a 500M down, 500M up result :P

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    Swedes are doing good in the International Dota2 tournament though. I think they're guaranteed a 2nd place now.

I think they're going to take first though. Alliance is really good.
    yeah, saw them at DreamHack'12 winter. as madmoxxi, so if you saw it live you probs. saw me too
    Be my friend on Steam

Hahaha. They're rolling out fiber to the home now in my neighbourhood. If I ever feel like paying 70 euros a month I'll post a 500M down, 500M up result :P
    Yeah, I'm always on shaky ground as an Englishman daring to mock a mainland Europeans internet speed
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Network Hub
    *cough* Well, my ISP is irrelevant, since they all offer the same speeds at roughly the same cost. Out here in the Scottish wastes ~£15/month gets me 3.29 megabits down, 0.49 megabits up.

Yeah.

To be honest, I haven't much cause for complaint, since that (and about 50 ping to most UK servers) still lets me play some pretty intensive games without lag. Just about. I'm always a little surprised that it can actually take PlanetSide 2, or ArmA2 2/3 online, or that it can actually stream 720p without lag or buffering.

It's crap, but a sort of magical crap.

Yeah, I'm always on shaky ground as an Englishman daring to mock a mainland Europeans internet speed
    Especially if it's a Swede or Dutch.

Quote Originally Posted by madmoxxi View Post
    yeah, saw them at DreamHack'12 winter. as madmoxxi, so if you saw it live you probs. saw me too
    No, I wasn't into Dota2 back then. I do remember seeing some pictures float around here. Are you the moxxi in the black/white photo in the theater?

Quote Originally Posted by fish food carl View Post
    *cough* Well, my ISP is irrelevant, since they all offer the same speeds at roughly the same cost. Out here in the Scottish wastes ~£15/month gets me 3.29 megabits down, 0.49 megabits up.

Yeah.

To be honest, I haven't much cause for complaint, since that (and about 50 ping to most UK servers) still lets me play some pretty intensive games without lag. Just about. I'm always a little surprised that it can actually take PlanetSide 2, or ArmA2 2/3 online, or that it can actually stream 720p without lag or buffering.

It's crap, but a sort of magical crap.
    Yeah, depending on compression, 720p is around 3-4 mbit. Multiplayer gaming actually uses surprisingly little bandwidth. That connection of yours could easily support 4 people playing Planetside, if not more.

The Scoutsgroup I'm in regularly hosts LAN parties, and we have a 5 mbit down, 1 mbit up internet connection there (the cheapest of the cheap). If no one is streaming videos or downloading crap, we can play 5v5 Dota2 on that easily. We also did 15 man TF2 without trouble. The problem is getting so many people to understand that they can not use YouTube to stream music like they do at home. I usually handle the tech stuff for those LANs, and I'm really considering just outright blocking video hosters while people are gaming, because as soon as someone opens a video everyone elses connection goes to shit.

We sharing internet speeds now?

PS2 Ingame: Agenious
    Mumble: Age

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agemman View Post
    We measuring e-penis now?
    Yep. We are indeed.

Especially if it's a Swede or Dutch.

No, I wasn't into Dota2 back then. I do remember seeing some pictures float around here. Are you the moxxi in the black/white photo in the theater?

Yeah, depending on compression, 720p is around 3-4 mbit. Multiplayer gaming actually uses surprisingly little bandwidth. That connection of yours could easily support 4 people playing Planetside, if not more.

The Scoutsgroup I'm in regularly hosts LAN parties, and we have a 5 mbit down, 1 mbit up internet connection there (the cheapest of the cheap). If no one is streaming videos or downloading crap, we can play 5v5 Dota2 on that easily. We also did 15 man TF2 without trouble. The problem is getting so many people to understand that they can not use YouTube to stream music like they do at home. I usually handle the tech stuff for those LANs, and I'm really considering just outright blocking video hosters while people are gaming, because as soon as someone opens a video everyone elses connection goes to shit.
    there is something so inherently shit about needing an internet connection for playing something in a lan.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    there is something so inherently shit about needing an internet connection for playing something in a lan.
    That's Dota2 for you. Even if you 5v5 with everyone on the same LAN, the game uses an internet server to host that.

The TF2 thing was just for fun. Fill up one side on a server with all of us and go to town. Most of us never play TF2, so it's not like we're roflstomping anyone, but it is a lot of fun.

yes i am
    Be my friend on Steam

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    Sign of the times. The whole industry believes;

Sign of the times. The whole industry believes;

Dota's free to play however. I do not understand why they would not offer locally hosted games. You already don't get stats or battle points for playing in a premade lobby game, so I don't think it's exploitable either.

I haven't been online in a couple of weeks, so wanted to give a quick update to say that I'm not dead and I've not quit (wasn't sure where else to put this).

I've been busy (as usual) and on top of that been trying to clear down my "pile of crap that I keep ignoring" and complete Dark Souls. Also, build a new computer (which I bought specifically for PS2). Although I haven't finished DS yet (nearly!), I finished the new machine last night. All that remains is to get the drivers/software installed before copying my Steam back over (~6-10 hours copying time). Oh, and completing Dark Souls (seriously)!

Once done, I'll have a super speed, super shiny PS2 to play. It's just a shame my internet speed is still crap (envious of the 90mb/s!! My 4mb/s is ashamed). Also GU14 to look forward to.

Anyway, once I'm back in the game, anyone fancy being under my PL for 10+ hours?

Looking forward to it Rei, congrats on the new rig!

In other news, Spotify is trying to subtly tell me that Sebastian may have far right leanings;