Page 70 of 286 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 5708

Thread: Off-topic

Quote Originally Posted by BowlSoldier View Post
    Finally got my exam results today, and it turns out I earned 575 points in my Leaving Cert! I'm currently ridiculously happy, as that means I'm almost definitely going to get the college course I want.

In a few weeks I'm going to start my science course and enter a world of labcoats, dry theory and dull repetition, and I cannot wait.
    WOW GRATZ!
    I needs my results... I want to be a nurse. NOW.
    Even my boss, she gave me my new schedule and said, "after this period I dont' want to see you here again" and walked away...
    Well, I felt the pressure! ALOT...
    She's got lots of layers, like an onion made of boobs.
    - Lilith about Moxxi
    Be my friend on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Some jokes about science (mostly), what's not to like:

1. A photon checks into a hotel and the porter asks him if he has any luggage. The photon replies: “No, I’m travelling light.”
    2. “Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?”
    3. What does a dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac spend most of his time doing? Staying up all night wondering if there really is a dog.
    4. A TCP packet walks into a bar, and says to the barman: “Hello, I’d like a beer.” The barman replies: “Hello, you’d like a beer?” “Yes,” replies the TCP packet, “I’d like a beer.”
    5. An electron is driving down a motorway, and a policeman pulls him over. The policeman says: “Sir, do you realise you were travelling at 130km per hour?” The electron goes: “Oh great, now I’m lost.”
    6. Pavlov is enjoying a pint in the pub. The phone rings. He jumps up and shouts: “Hell, I forgot to feed the dog!”
    7. How many surrealists does it take to screw in a light bulb? A fish.
    8. There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that know binary, and those that don’t.
    9. When I heard that oxygen and magnesium hooked up I was like OMg.
    10. The barman says: “We don’t serve faster-than-light particles here.” A tachyon enters a bar.
    11. A Buddhist monk approaches a hotdog stand and says: “Make me one with everything”.
    12. What do you call two crows on a branch? Attempted murder.
    13. An Englishman, a Frenchman, a Spaniard and a German are walking down the street together. A juggler is performing on the street but there are so many people that the four men can’t see the juggler. So the juggler goes on top of a platform and asks: “Can you see me now?” The four men answer: “Yes.” “Oui.” “Si.” “Ja.”
    14. Never trust an atom. They make up everything.
    15. How many programmers does it take to change a light bulb? None, it’s a hardware problem.
    16. A student travelling on a train looks up and sees Einstein sitting next to him. Excited, he asks: “Excuse me, professor. Does Boston stop at this train?”
    17. Did you hear about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
    18. Werner Heisenberg, Kurt Gödel, and Noam Chomsky walk into a bar. Heisenberg turns to the other two and says: “Clearly this is a joke, but how can we figure out if it’s funny or not?” Gödel replies: “We can’t know that because we’re inside the joke.” Chomsky says: “Of course it’s funny. You’re just telling it wrong.”
    19. A Roman walks into a bar, holds up two fingers, and says: “Five beers, please.”
    20. Did you hear about the man who got cooled to absolute zero? He’s 0K now.
    21. An infinite number of mathematicians walk into a bar. The bartender says: “What’ll it be, boys?” The first mathematician: “I’ll have one half of a beer.” The second mathematician: “I’ll have one quarter of a beer.” The third mathematician: “I’ll have one eight of a beer.” The fourth mathematician: “I’ll have one sixteenth of a…” The bartender interrupts: “Know your limits, boys” as he pours out a single beer.
    22. What does the “B” in Benoit B Mandelbrot stand for? Answer: Benoit B Mandelbrot.
    23. Jean-Paul Sartre is sitting at a French café, revising his draft of Being and Nothingness. He says to the waitress: “I’d like a cup of coffee, please, with no cream.” The waitress replies: “I’m sorry, Monsieur, but we’re out of cream. How about with no milk?”
    24. A classics professor goes to a tailor to get his trousers mended. The tailor asks: “Euripides?” The professor replies: “Yes. Eumenides?”
    25. A programmer’s wife tells him: “Run to the store and pick up a loaf of bread. If they have eggs, get a dozen.” The programmer comes home with 12 loaves of bread.

21 is definitely my favourite though 25 gets an honourable mention.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Hehe, good catch!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madmoxxi View Post
    WOW GRATZ!
    I needs my results... I want to be a nurse. NOW....
    On a scale of one to immortal technique, how annoying is it that people like this are already qualified?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-23693729
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    On a scale of one to immortal technique, how annoying is it that people like this are already qualified?

Wow... that's bad... Sometimes I think if we put more incompetent people on the dole and only hired competent people we'd be in a much better state!

"A nurse who mistook blood around a patient's mouth for jam..."

WHAT THE F*CK!? you are seriously incompetent if you don't see the diff. between jam and blood!!! and even if it is PINK it could be a pulmonary edema!! and that is because of left-side heart failure! SUPER SERIOUS!!!
    *angry*
    - Lilith about Moxxi
    Be my friend on Steam

I don't get 4.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    I don't get 4.
    That's reassuring, neither did I. Since googling it I think it's because TCP/IP has error checking in it but I'm still not sure if that's the reason it's supposed to be funny.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by madmoxxi View Post
    "A nurse who mistook blood around a patient's mouth for jam..."
    I read it as 'mistook jam around a patient's mouth for blood'. Much funnier.

Those jokes are pretty good actually. 21 is indeed good. I strangely like the Heisenberg, Godel, Chomsky one, not because it's funny, perhaps just cos I understand it? Heard 11 before, but featuring Buddha (and told to me by one of those unintentionally hilarious people who can make anything sound funny).
    Last edited by Rizlar; 14-08-2013 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    That's reassuring, neither did I. Since googling it I think it's because TCP/IP has error checking in it but I'm still not sure if that's the reason it's supposed to be funny.
    I think it's regarding TCP/IP Handshake that happens at the start of a conversation.
    It essentially goes:
    X sends Y a SYN
    Y sends X a SYN-ACK
    X sends Y an ACK
    where SYN is a synchronise packet and ACK is an acknowledgement packet.

So it's more trying to put that into a funny context.
    In the SSL context the messages are "ClientHello" and "ServerHello"

Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    I think it's regarding TCP/IP Handshake that happens at the start of a conversation.
    It essentially goes:
    X sends Y a SYN
    Y sends X a SYN-ACK
    X sends Y an ACK
    where SYN is a synchronise packet and ACK is an acknowledgement packet.

So it's more trying to put that into a funny context.
    In the SSL context the messages are "ClientHello" and "ServerHello"
    That's what I thought. But I fail to see the humor in that.

Yeah it's not at all funny - but I get what it was aiming for.

You guys should read xkcd sometime if you didnt like that one.
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

You guys should read xkcd sometime if you didnt like that one.
    I read xkcd and what is this?

In general it's perfectly fine but every now and again the wank hat gets put firmly in place. I'm sure I don't need to mention the Time series.

Here's one that's at least as bad as the tcp joke;

http://xkcd.com/12/

Until I saw this video I hated the song that was attached to it, almost blindly. And while I still don't like it, I feel that I at least understand what it's about now.

Here's one that's at least as bad as the tcp joke;

http://xkcd.com/12/
    Oh you meant to find more badness. Ah.

This one is worse though. It's a joke the 12 year old me would make -- and get laughed at for.
    http://xkcd.com/18/

never ever experienced it. but is looks funny xD
    the best would be if "she" killed them all. sneaky bitch!
    - Lilith about Moxxi
    Be my friend on Steam

thats because you play with people that dont give a shit whats between your legs. And if you ever do, lets nuke em from orbit.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."