Page 74 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 2611

Thread: Off-topic

Quote Originally Posted by Agemman View Post
    I will thank my viking genes for not being lactose intolerant. You all can be strong, but never Viking strong. There's strong, and there's Viking strong.
    I'm glad I don't have any allergies at all.

My (Norwegian) ethics professor did say that you aren't a proper nerd if you don't have allergies though, so there's that.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Twennynoin View Post
    I swear to god I play League of Legends to punish myself for something...

Why do I play this game?!
    Because it's awesome, fun to play with new champions, there is no meta, you're all responsible for winning your lane....

Wait, you are talking about ARAM I hope?

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    I'm glad I don't have any allergies at all. My (Norwegian) ethics professor did say that you aren't a proper nerd if you don't have allergies though, so there's that.
    I have quite a lot of allergies though. Worst are horses, cats, and birch. The past three years I've gotten a vaccine against birch though; it works great! I've gone from actually not being able to get up during the spring season to being able to go running. Feels awesome.

Cats and horses can simply be avoided.
    PS2 Ingame: Agenious
    Mumble: Age

Obscure Node
    Yeah, I'm another victim of both League and Dota 2. Played both and still do, though Dota is definitely my baby.

It's kinda funny seeing the differences between the two, and the differences in audiences. The people I play League with are generally really good at playing the game, team-fighting, duelling, hero control, all the mechanical stuff, but they utterly fail at basic tactics like warding, sticking together, or map control and mobility.

Whereas my Dota companions are usually very familiar with the strategies and theory of the game, are much better at choosing items, rotating between lanes, drafting and planning, but hardly ever make the big plays like I see in League.

Maybe I'm just being gamist. Anyway, my summoner name and steam name are also BowlSoldier, so feel free to add me if you fancy a game of either. Just don't expect me to be much good.

(Refresher Pugna too strong)

Lesser Hivemind Node BasicPauly's Avatar
    I have minecraft, but ive not played it in a while because my private server was just me, Nick and Mitch, and they havent really been up for it.

Ive actually been playing a lot of StarMade recently! Its minecraft with space stuff, and is really good.

RPS has its own server, but ive been playing one which the devs actually play on quite a lot. It has regular (almost daily) fighting tournaments in the thunderdome, and is known as the thunderdome server! Its pretty fun.

I would assume there'll be RPS (perhaps even RPlanS?) outings when Starbound comes out? Definitely up for multplayer minecraftyness, if we decide on that being a thing!

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Towneh View Post
    Because it's awesome, fun to play with new champions, there is no meta, you're all responsible for winning your lane....

Wait, you are talking about ARAM I hope?
    The majority of my time spent in that game is in ARAMs with friends but seeing as no one was online for me to play with, I did some solo queue...

Good god. The toxicity. It...it...it was horrible. It wasn't even aimed at me but good god, I felt bad for the opposite team at times.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Remember that consumer advice thing I keep doing even though at this point it's clearly for my own amusement? Well, despite a complete lack of popular demand I made another!

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Remember that consumer advice thing I keep doing even though at this point it's clearly for my own amusement? Well, despite a complete lack of popular demand I made another!

I like 'em. And I tend to agree, I lasted about 120 seconds into Two Worlds' opening cinematic (charitable use of the word) before going 'nope nope nope'

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    The majority of my time spent in that game is in ARAMs with friends but seeing as no one was online for me to play with, I did some solo queue...

Good god. The toxicity. It...it...it was horrible. It wasn't even aimed at me but good god, I felt bad for the opposite team at times.
    I've been playing SoloQ for a good few months now (because everyone always insists on ARAM /yawn) and actually, I've found no reason to hit the report button on anyone. I was pleasantly surprised.
    mickygor, Battlefield 3
    Otmer, League of Legends EUW
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC

I liked two worlds two, though. maybe that was due to the excellent german sync.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

also, BATTLEFIELD 3

www.humblebundle.com
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    also, BATTLEFIELD 3

www.humblebundle.com
    Be advised that it is kind of impossible to download BF3 at the moment. Presumably Origin cannot handle the load, I got up to 30% downloaded yesterday (like, over the whole of yesterday), then it somehow lost all of that data today. 0%, downloading at 200 KB/s as of typing this. Fuck Origin.

still. it would be a shame not to give it a go if its this cheap.
    - Tom De Roeck.

I used to play BF3 a lot (115 hours~) so can really recommend it. It's a lot better if you play with people you know too.
    The tanks are amazingly fun to drive (I have a 7:1 kpd for the tank so you can imagine I spent a lot of my time using them I think about 50% actually). Some of the DLC was really good (Back To Karkand and Close Quarters), but I didn't like the big maps one.

http://bf3stats.com/ is really good for stats information. Let's you know where you come in world for ranking - both value and in what percentage.

Also, did anyone get the Deep Silver bundle last time? I have Dead Island and want to give it a try with co-op buddies.
    Last edited by Cephas; 18-08-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by stoopiduk View Post
    "Your Amazon.co.uk order of "Planetside 2 (PC CD)" has been dispatched" was a confusing email this morning.

Forgot I ordered the retail box thing for SC, XP and shiny SMGs. There's a 50% XP boost for a friend in there, who wants to be my friend?
    I'll be your friend!

I really want to get BF3 for PC. I have it on the Xbox and love it but I'm more into my PC gaming than console atm.

I've got Dead Island kicking about on Steam, think I'd have to redownload it tho.

I'll be your friend!

I really want to get BF3 for PC. I have it on the Xbox and love it but I'm more into my PC gaming than console atm.

I've got Dead Island kicking about on Steam, think I'd have to redownload it tho.
    well then get it, its less than 5$ atm.
    - Tom De Roeck.

I'll be your friend!
    Check your inbox for the code. I bought BF3 for real money last month and have found it underwhelming, I imagine it's the lack of a decent group to play it with though.
    Friendly on Steam, Twitter and Twitch. Origin: Stoopiduk Battlenet tag: stoopiduk#2888

Quote Originally Posted by stoopiduk View Post
    Check your inbox for the code. I bought BF3 for real money last month and have found it underwhelming, I imagine it's the lack of a decent group to play it with though.
    Im actually interested in the close quarters DLC, sounds like lots of splodey fun with friends.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Gun game on the close quarters maps is a lot of fun.