Page 75 of 194 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 3875

Thread: Off-topic

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Hey, I never said I didn't like two worlds! Beyond the obvious ambition way beyond the developers reach, the actual RPG mechanics are fun (despite being/because they're broken) and there's a shitload of loot. The fact that the dialogue is unintentionally hilarious and the sound guy is an alcoholic just makes it adorable as a bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

but I said Two Worlds 2. The second one is much better in quality and overall writing.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Nah, Two Worlds 2 was just mediocre. It wasn't bad enough to make it stand out, and wasn't good enough to be an alternative to bethesdas stuff. Though I might just be bitter because I occasionally get motion sickness from games and that's one of them. The others were Mirrors Edge and Kingdoms of Amalur. The latter was a real shame because I was enjoying it as a game but start feeling proper ill after five minutes of play.
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Twennynoin View Post
    I'll be your friend!

I really want to get BF3 for PC. I have it on the Xbox and love it but I'm more into my PC gaming than console atm.

I've got Dead Island kicking about on Steam, think I'd have to redownload it tho.
    I've been looking for people to play that with since I got it, so count me in. Already have it installed, too. WHO DO YOU VOODOO, and so on.

Also worth noting, the Red Faction games are 80% off at the moment, so I just picked up Guerrilla for 2 euro. Anyone know if the later game is worth picking up as well?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    BF3: Yeah, still worth buying the bundle. In fact I pretty much bought it just for BF3, since already own Mirror's Edge and Dead Space. Keys are even separate for each game. Plus all the proceeds go to charity, what's not to like!

Deep Silver bundle/Dead Island: Yeah, I picked that up too for Saint's Row 3. So good. Could be tempted to install Dead Island if there are a bunch of people interested in teaming up.

Two Worlds 2: Only remembered I had played it while watching Jag's excellent video. Gave up on a bit that involved horse racing - the riding controls would have been hilarious if they were slightly less nightmarish.

Quote Originally Posted by BowlSoldier View Post
    I've been looking for people to play that with since I got it, so count me in. Already have it installed, too. WHO DO YOU VOODOO, and so on.

Also worth noting, the Red Faction games are 80% off at the moment, so I just picked up Guerrilla for 2 euro. Anyone know if the later game is worth picking up as well?
    I have it and its fun for a couple of hours with a friend. but aside from that, pretty boring.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Yeah, it's pretty boring, I found. And I played through all of Guerilla and really liked it.

there is one really fun mode which has you protecting a building that continually gets shot to hell by enemies. but there is little variation and they really could have done better there.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Obscure Node
    So are people still up for playing Dead Island? If you fancy a game, add me on steam, put your steam name somewhere or PM me or something, since if people want to play we'll need to organise it some way.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Will see if I can squeeze it on to my hard drive tomorrow.

When I heard that the new jackass movie was to be a scripted comedy with pranks inserted my eyebrows did admittedly go up a bit.

That was before I watched the trailer. Yes, I lolled in real life and if you don't agree then you can jolly well suck it.

the premium version of BF3 available for only 22€: http://www.g2play.net/store/Battlefi...rigin-Key.html
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Geez ... just read the article on Rapture/chineseroom, and the comments on that thing are astonishing. Commenters are behaving like petulant children and hope that a game (and company, lol) fails because it's not on the pc. Quite embarrassing and unexpected from RPS commenters.

Activated Node
    So I've finished all my transcription. Yay! Only downside? I've now got to start actually writing my dissertation...

actually, theyve been a bag of dicks for quite some time now, mqx.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    Geez ... just read the article on Rapture/chineseroom, and the comments on that thing are astonishing. Commenters are behaving like petulant children and hope that a game (and company, lol) fails because it's not on the pc. Quite embarrassing and unexpected from RPS commenters.
    If there's anything that brings out the ugly in PC gamers it's being told you can't play a game on a PC because it's exclusive to some console. I said it in the other thread and it's worth repeating here, Halo was originally meant to go on PC, Bungie are now one of the top rated developers in the world and are working on a highly anticipated original ip that will be on all platforms. While Rapture might not be the next Halo, this could turn out great for the chineseroom and I hope it does for them.

Also I'll be getting a PS4 because some console exclusives are worth owning a console for.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    actually, theyve been a bag of dicks for quite some time now, mqx.
    Well, i'm glad i usually dont scroll far enough to get to the comments then

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Well it is pretty damn tireing to have so called "indie" devs take money from Sony or MS to go exclusive. I am sorry but you are not an indie anymore, Sony/MS are your publishers now. No special treatment for you anymore (and yes Indies do get a bit of a special treatment). I mean it is one thing to be exclusive because of the hardware you are working on requires special coding, special hardware or whatever it is another to let Sony bribe you into saying "YEAH SONY IS THE BEST FOR INDIE DEVS THATS WHY I CHOSE THEM!".

I can understand people being pissed off about it and telling the dev to go fuck themselves, hell I feel like doing it now and then (mostly to MS and Sony though). But people really need to stop being dicks about it, and stop feeling like they are somehow entitled to everything they see.

And since we are on this topic: Fuck exclusive DLC/Content. That shit pisses me off and hurts all gamers in the end. I mean a console exclusive game is one thing but Sony/MS buying DLC from Rockstar, or Game/Gamestop doing it simply makes sure no one gets the full experience of the games. Not that those exclusive DLCs tend to very good because really, devs do not want to lock their best content.
    Last edited by Wardancer; 22-08-2013 at 06:17 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Sorry Wardancer, but you sound like a bit of a hipster who just found out his favorite indie band signed to a major label and got a two album record deal and a world tour.

The dev's can do what they want with their business and their games. The devs obviously want to move up in the world and this is a great way to do it. The dev's owe people NOTHING. This idea that "hey we supported you buying your game! now you sold us out". Do you know what they gave you for your support? The game you own. That's what they gave you. They made a game and you bought it. Now they want to make another, they don't owe people who bought their game anything.

Also, they've pretty much said they wouldn't have been able to make the game they wanted without help and they don't believe that alpha funding or kickstarting is for them.

I do agree with you on exclusive DLC/content crap, though it's looking like it's all going "timed" as opposed to exclusive forever.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Lesser Hivemind Node
    What makes a company "indie"? Team size? The content they produce? The art style? Or whether they have a publisher?

Also, i'm sure they could go through that whole kickstarter process, but getting the money to do the game + SSM support seems like a no-brainer in comparison. They get to execute their vision and also get whatever technical help they need in exchange for exclusivity, and who knows for how long that is. TCR branches out and produces a game for the ps4, hopefully making them lots of money, letting them do whatever the hell they wanna do next.