Page 8 of 224 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-topic

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Is anyone here a Battlestar Galactica fan? The new series, I mean. If so, then you might find this interesting:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2920819&type=1

Images from The Monitor Celestra, a Battlestar Galactice larp event that took place this month in a cold war era warship in the marina, here in Gothenburg. It looks mighty impressive! And I, being a huge fan of BG, was dumb enough to pass this off as a silly thing and not getting involved in it. How dumb can a man get, really?!

Edit: Yes, watch the odd sci-fi series as well as all those other things I do. Larping is another one of those, though it is not often these days.
    I loved the new BSG, but I'm too much of a shut-in to go to such a thing. Plus, Gothenburg isn't exactly close, although it is a nice city.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Hoc View Post
    O rly?

(but in all seriousness, that sounds like pretty hard workout. Lot of upper-body strength)
    Pole is not aerobic. It is mostly torso and legs.

(why am i still talking about this...??)
    You need me again, sweet lips?
    Be my friend on Steam

Hey Ridebird. You like making burgers right? check this bad boy:

yDwRnYa.jpg

Home made half pounder, onion rings, my own burger relish and... wait for it... DEEP FRIED BACON! I can feel the heart attack happening right now

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewi View Post
    Hey Ridebird. You like making burgers right? check this bad boy:

yDwRnYa.jpg

Home made half pounder, onion rings, my own burger relish and... wait for it... DEEP FRIED BACON! I can feel the heart attack happening right now
    That is a thing of beauty!

Hello all, i thought i would emerge back into the RPS fray with tidings from daft punk.

THEY ARE BACK.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Hey Nick! Welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by dewi View Post
    omnom!!!!!
    Be my friend on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Oh my christ... it's beautiful. That keyboard is about to get destroyed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I make pretty kick-ass burgers myself, but I have to admit that I'm just slightly jealous of you right now. Although it seems like you forgot the fried eggs on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Hoc View Post
    I make pretty kick-ass burgers myself, but I have to admit that I'm just slightly jealous of you right now. Although it seems like you forgot the fried eggs on it.
    Duly noted. They will be added on the next batch (I made 4, I had 1 and the missus the other). hmmm can you deep fry an egg?

Youtube of course has the answer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inU_Zlrt04E

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Apparantly you can. I was just think normal, sunny side up ones. But deep frying 'em seems pretty deece as well. :P

Network Hub
    Does that top slice of cheese have extra salt sprinkled on it? In any case, bravo for making me weep as I'm on a temporary veggie diet kick-start at the mo

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Props on the onion rings too, most people overlook them but they are the best thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Looks aight! But you need to steam and lighly fry that bun. Makes all the difference. I like fried onions so I just lay my bread on them for a while, and onion steaming makes the bread so much better. I also recommend a sauce with mayo + dijon mustard (just like half a teaspoon mustard for one burg). And yeah props on the onion rings, I should do that some time..

Burgz:
    http://imgur.com/a/MDxzK
    Find me on the Steams

Quote Originally Posted by protorp View Post
    Does that top slice of cheese have extra salt sprinkled on it? In any case, bravo for making me weep as I'm on a temporary veggie diet kick-start at the mo
    I'm on a diet too... a DONT EAT SUGER YOU BITCH!! And it is acually working, day 2 and no sugar
    Now the scale should just become my best friend too...

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Props on the onion rings too, most people overlook them but they are the best thing.
    I know!!! It is soooo goood!!
    If we had a fryer at home i can guarantee that i would be fat(ter)!!! FAT FOR ONIONRINGS! <3
    Be my friend on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I hate to have to do this, but we require an intervention: (meant to be encouraging, but these things make me so angry. I'm not angry at you, I'm angry at society in general)

Going by that picture you posted some time ago, you are in no way anywhere near qualifying for 'fat', certainly not 'unhealthily fat'. I hate this fucking twisted society and the media that makes people think of themselves as fat just because they have something loose or wiggly somewhere on their bodies... I've got an IRL friend(also a woman, of course, because this society is bloody well fucked up) who constantly complains about how fat she is when in fact she has the most amazing body. (Not that I looked, mind you! ) Please, can we stop doing this to ourselves?

I know it's not really easy. I myself have developed a little tummy, which came about at the same time as family life (kids), after spending my entire life apparently immune to body fat, and coming to tems with that is proving trickier than I'd like it to be. It is a bit of a hit to my self-image (is that even a word in English?), but if I remind myself that it's the media and culture in general that are imposing these unattainable ideals on me, it all feels a lot better.

Now, not eating sugar, on the other hand, is wise for any number of other health-related reasons. I wish I could find the strength of character to cut down on my sugar consumption.

Sweety I'm sorry for making you angry about society...
    (Yes, i am defending my self right now)

I am 170cm and weigh 61kg (today) and i am not happy with that number. I know it is just a number and I have come a long way from where I was before, 2 yrs ago I weighed 66kg... I am not (!!) proud of that. After lots of exercise and good food I finally came back to 58kg... now. BAM! 61. I feel fat, i know i'm not. but i feeeeeeeel like it and i hate that feeling!!

that's why i am "dieting" and exercising alot. not because i want to achieve some unrealistic body that i cant get. i got too much of a curvy figure to become a stick. i will look skinny-fat... i want muscles and a great bum!

"I exercise to have confidence to put my fucking ass in a bikini this summer and feel good about it" - Jenna Marbels

I LOVE FOOD!
    there is actually no chance in hell for me to become bulimic or anorectic.
    I eat because i like it
    Be my friend on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I found a secret to weight loss, it's called getting sick. I lost nearly a stone because of it and now I'm close to underweight again. YAAAY(!)

(Don't get sick, it's lame)
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

I was wary to chip in because I think it's creepy as fuck for dudes on the internet to say this, but moxxie, you're in great shape. Excercise and watching what you eat is fine and all, but you shouldn't over do it or become one of those girls who are in danger of blowing away in the first gust of wind.

Of course, I don't really know what I'm talking about. I'm gifted with a really fast metabolism that works in really odd ways. I'm 185cm and 69kg, and whatever I do I can't seem to get more weight on (I'm one of those dudes who are in danger of blowing away with the first gust of wind). Once I ate nothing but junk food for a week straight (pizzas, hamburgers, that kind of thing) and lost weight. I have to eat four meals a day to keep this weight up. On the plus side, a fast metabolism means I'm never cold.