Page 87 of 177 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 3529

Thread: Off-topic

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    no, but if you work your arse off for pretty much nothing, thats whoring too.
    Pretty sure that's the opposite of whore. If you do it because you love it you're a slag.

Nothing wrong with a slag!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

actually. youre probably right. attention whore is someone that loves attention. hm. sorry, got my expressions mixed up.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

That's ok. I spend an inordinate amount of time pondering whether I'm a whore or a slag, so I'm quite learned in this area.
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Lesser Hivemind Node BasicPauly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    That's ok. I spend an inordinate amount of time pondering whether I'm a whore or a slag, so I'm quite learned in this area.
    Both? Its why we love you.

i love you all. we are all some sort of whore
    You need me again, sweet lips?
    Be my friend on Steam

Speaking of whores...

Paris Hilton!

I've passed 200 youtube subscribers so I celebrated the only way I know how.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    I've passed 200 youtube subscribers so I celebrated the only way I know how.
    Subscribed!
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

This from the celebrations last night, was rather fun.

2013-10-23_00003.jpg
    Statistical reasons not to follow me into battle on PS2 here: Stoopiduk

Friendly on Steam, Twitter and Twitch. Origin: Stoopiduk Battlenet tag: stoopiduk#2888

Quote Originally Posted by stoopiduk View Post
    This from the celebrations last night, was rather fun.

2013-10-23_00003.jpg
    Pretty! What celebrations though?

Sorry about my last video, it was a bit daft. Doing it properly now.

@Jag - We won an alert and went back to the warpgate for a party.

Was a lovely thing to encounter on my first log in in a few months.
    Statistical reasons not to follow me into battle on PS2 here: Stoopiduk

Friendly on Steam, Twitter and Twitch. Origin: Stoopiduk Battlenet tag: stoopiduk#2888

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Two things happened for me today:

1) IT IS OVER YOU FUCKERS

I am, finally and officially, Dr Cooper. Even if the email informing me of this lacked the kind of fanfare I think I deserve.

2) I signed on unemployment benefits.

(It was surprisingly easy: Just had to fill out some online forms and they text me with a meeting date next week. I kind of expected it to be harder than this. Guess I'll see what the interview's like...)
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    I don't know much about JSA, but claiming housing benefits has been an absolute bitch for me. They wouldn't provide me with them because I was on zero income. Except then they did the same day, and now they're threatening me with CCJs if I don't go and prove to them that I was earning throughout the period when I wasn't earning.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post

I am, finally and officially, Dr Cooper. Even if the email informing me of this lacked the kind of fanfare I think I deserve.

(It was surprisingly easy: Just had to fill out some online forms and they text me with a meeting date next week. I kind of expected it to be harder than this. Guess I'll see what the interview's like...)
    Congratulations! Interesting topic for a thesis too, I'm tempted to read this through.

Signing on is the easy bit, staying on is the challenge. There are a few tricks to JSA:

1) If you have the choice, try going to an office in a more affluent area - these people are less likely to try catch you out

2) Where appropriate, get everything in writing, signed too. I've had benefits people give me bad advice on important issues which have had my benefits revoked, when asked about it they refute ever saying it. As soon as I discovered this trick, things started going a bit more smoothly for me.

3) Don't declare any volunteer work, although some people might refute this one. I've had my claim suspended in the past, all because I claimed a bus fare on expenses.

4) As much as you will want to, don't lose your temper with them. Claiming JSA is hard at the best of times, annoy them and it will become impossible

As pessimistic as that sounds, my experience comes from 2 years on the dole after leaving high school. Considering you're a doctor, I imagine you'll have a much easier time of it. Good luck!
    ARMA, Planetside 2 - Lynche (The 'e' is silent)
    Steam, PS3, Minecraft - Safilpope

For our Glorious Leader.

Capture2.jpg

For Obvious Reasons. Well Done Dr Cooper - I shall read your (very chatty!) theses in due course.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    I don't know much about JSA, but claiming housing benefits has been an absolute bitch for me. They wouldn't provide me with them because I was on zero income. Except then they did the same day, and now they're threatening me with CCJs if I don't go and prove to them that I was earning throughout the period when I wasn't earning.
    I'm pretty sure I'm not liable for housing benefits because my partner earns over the threshold.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Dr Sheldon Cooper?!

Congratulations! Your Thesis looks like a interesting read although the synopsis is a bit thick if you are not quite familiar with all the words in it.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Congratulations! Now about this leg of mine turning completely black and threatening to drop off...
    Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

Congrats cooper! Benefits are fun, I used them as a sort of working class gap year when I was younger and even more immature. Disgusting how much shame is attached to them when you see the sort of stuff white collar dudes are actively encouraged to get up to.

They don't even cost us as much money as computer illiterate dumbasses who allow their pentium 4, beige rustbuckets to become part of a botnet. If we were actually serious about making the budget work we'd have mandatory licensing for PC ownership.

I don't know quite how I let myself get so far off track but again, congratulations! What's the plan now, what field do you intend to go into?