Page 88 of 258 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 5143

Thread: Off-topic

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Congratulations Dr Cooper! Now we must all call you " doctor Cooper" and say "yes, doctor!" or "no doctor", every time you play with us! Right guys? Right?
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Congratulations Dr Coop!

http://imgur.com/gallery/8UyiLvH

I present to you the giraffe weiner

She's got lots of layers, like an onion made of boobs.
    - Lilith about Moxxi
    Be my friend on Steam

Today, I attempting to replicate TGI Fridays Jack Daniels Glaze. So far so good. I'll be able to tell its worth in about an hour...

So, KLM are saying that tomorrow's forecast for Amsterdam (and most of Europe) - strong (gusty) winds - means there might be trouble with flights and schedule disruptions. My flight home is unaffected, so far, but there have been "pro-active cancellations", presumably to free up some space in the immensely busy flight schedule from Schiphol.

I'm just hoping we'll make it home all right...
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Quote Originally Posted by Dewi View Post
    Today, I attempting to replicate TGI Fridays Jack Daniels Glaze. So far so good. I'll be able to tell its worth in about an hour...
    Let me know your recipe if it goes well. I have always wanted to mess with their default version (I find it too sweet, so for me a touch of lemon/lime juice would do wonders).

@ESO - Tuesday I'm in Copenhagen for a conference. Supposed to be flying tomorrow, early morning. It's going to be an interesting conference if I'm not there to organise it...

Flight out of Stansted was delayed at the terminal just after we got on board as winds had hit 75mph. We took off around half an hour late, and the plane tilted right as soon as the wheels left the ground, felt for a second like the wingtip was going to scrape the ground!

Fine once we were airborne though, and the landing in CPH was smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    So, KLM are saying that tomorrow's forecast for Amsterdam (and most of Europe) - strong (gusty) winds - means there might be trouble with flights and schedule disruptions. My flight home is unaffected, so far, but there have been "pro-active cancellations", presumably to free up some space in the immensely busy flight schedule from Schiphol.

I'm just hoping we'll make it home all right...
    My sister lives in Amsterdam and she just texted that the tram service has stopped, and that 1 person was killed by a falling tree. Official recommendation is to stay inside. Trains have also stopped operating from Amsterdam Centraal station.

I haven't heard anything about the Maeslantkering closing. It almost closed last year because of storm, and I think that was a lighter one.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    My sister lives in Amsterdam and she just texted that the tram service has stopped, and that 1 person was killed by a falling tree. Official recommendation is to stay inside. Trains have also stopped operating from Amsterdam Centraal station.

I haven't heard anything about the Maeslantkering closing. It almost closed last year because of storm, and I think that was a lighter one.
    Yeah, trains are not running from Amsterdam Centraal. Apparently, glass has been falling from the roof of the terminal, and there's trouble with the electric lines. We shared a taxi with a very pleasant family of four from Cambridge, and have been waiting at Schiphol for half an hour now. Flight's scheduled for 15.15 and just got delayed 20 minutes. Looking pretty good so far.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Yeah, trains are not running from Amsterdam Centraal. Apparently, glass has been falling from the roof of the terminal, and there's trouble with the electric lines. We shared a taxi with a very pleasant family of four from Cambridge, and have been waiting at Schiphol for half an hour now. Flight's scheduled for 15.15 and just got delayed 20 minutes. Looking pretty good so far.
    Anyone know how long the weather is meant to last?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Seems fine in the UK now, it didn't even last a day. So one might assume that it will have blown past the Netherlands by tomorrow?

It's basically over already.

The weather alarm (code red) for the NL coastal area has ended at 14:46 local (GMT+1). All provinces are now code yellow (dangerous weather), except for the province of Limburg (code green, no warning).

And code yellow is a bullshit warning anyway, with a way too severe name. Code orange (extreme weather) is when it starts getting bad. I'm in a code yellow area now, and it's basically clear but somewhat windy (25kph winds). There's kids playing around outside because nothing's going on in this "dangerous weather" area.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Yeah, Met Office in the UK has dropped all storm warnings too. It whipped by and dissipated pretty quick. It was bad for a few hours, but no more.

Flood warnings remain across most of the country, but a couple of dozen flood alerts and a half dozen warnings (alert = possible, take precuation. warning = expected, take immediate action) across the coutnry is entirely normal for an autumn spell after a lot of rain.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Yep, beautiful clear skies here save a couple of cirrus clouds. Shame it's gonna make for a cold night.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Just experienced some weirdly intense golden light in north London... seemed to be related to a big cloud blocking most of the sunset. But it was fairly bright and extremely yellow. Felt like I was in a badly tinted film, like the Caprica scenes in BSG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Maybe they weren't so badly tinted after all :P
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    I wish someone had tinted the final season of BSG enough to stop me seeing it.

ICE BURN
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    By the way, ARMA3 people, I got paid today. Should I buy ARMA3? How much better is it than 2 and do you guys still do the weekly sesh on it?
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    By the way, ARMA3 people, I got paid today. Should I buy ARMA3? How much better is it than 2 and do you guys still do the weekly sesh on it?
    1: Yes, you should.
    2: Never played 2, but 3 is really awesome if you like a bit more realistic shooting (also, running around in the woods).
    3: Several times a week the last few weeks. So that's a definite yes.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc