Page 91 of 269 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 5379

Thread: Off-topic

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Safilpope View Post
    I get where he's coming from, but I don't really get the not voting thing. The way I see it, abstaining effectively increases the value of those votes cast by the diehards. What are those not voting doing to fix the problem?
    You are, of course, right.

Abstaining from voting entrenches the existing system. But if one is abstaining because one cannot see a way of changing the system from within. Then the only option is to change it from without.

As for hwo to go about achieving revolutionary change, I've always been on the "blow them up" side of the fence. It's been a while since someone had a go, and tomorrow would be a timely day to have a stab at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    I can't really see Britain having another bloody revolution. We're a nation of hoplophobes.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Khatta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Wow, I don't often visit this thread but now I discover what you're up to in here! Planning a revolution! I think you've probably just attracted the attention of GCHQ, MI5, MI6, SOCA, NSA, CIA, etc. etc.

I only showed up for the laser party...

P.S. thanks for the new word. 'Hoplophobia' is my word of the day. I shall try to sneak it into meetings at work.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Sounds like a Sigur Ros album title waiting to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    You can change the system from within, fact is voting is not from within, voting is a external control mechanism(how much is debatable given recent developments). Also, we've seen that a bloody change does not always instigate any change at all.

'Say hello to the new boss, same as the old' Always comes to mind. Frankly, it has possibly more to do with how people are then what we want.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

You know how banner ads generally target you based on your expressed interests online? I saw the following on another site I frequent and wondered about this thread;

I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Interesting how the Union Jack only covers England and Wales. Now either this is independence related or we've been forgotten again...
    ARMA, Planetside 2 - Lynche (The 'e' is silent)
    Steam, PS3, Minecraft - Safilpope

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Funnily enough it looks like parts of the SW are also uncovered. Cornish independence, your time has finally arrived!

I think they've decided everything in black is Britain since they've included N. Ireland too, though technically they shouldn't have bothered or at least written "The end of Britain (and Northern Ireland)"

Kind of wish I'd clicked it now to find out what bollocks they were trying to sell, something PPI related probably.

Went to the same site and it gave me another variation!

Clicked the banner this time, got this.

http://moneyweek.com/endofbritain/

Really could not be arsed to read all that text but the gist is, we're all fucked so subscribe to this magazine. Maybe when they hit a certain number of subscribers the crisis will be averted and we can go back to normal?

This is the most serious warning we've ever made

seems legit...

The real wtf here is why are you not using adblock.

I watched a video thing from them once; they went on about an apocalyptic recession will soon hit Britain, and how only they have the solution. I'd take anything coming from them with a barrel of salt
    ARMA, Planetside 2 - Lynche (The 'e' is silent)
    Steam, PS3, Minecraft - Safilpope

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    The real wtf here is why are you not using adblock.
    I used to use noscript when I had firefox but I switched to chrome back when it didn't have very much in the way of extensions and just grew to tolerate the occasional ad here and there. I'm sufficiently ancient that I will trade a little convenience for more speed. Most sites I go to aren't too obnoxious with it and if it means they can pay the bills and they don't mind my only clicking the ones I find funny then I'm happy to help.

Speaking of economic downturns via poorly judged investments, tomorrow I will be the proud owner of one of these bad boys;

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=GX-202-MS

Upgrading from an already not too shabby 570 to an MSI overclocked 770. Shadowplay here I come!

My mighty epeen, before and after;

Last edited by jaguar skills; 04-11-2013 at 03:30 PM.

New videocard
    Thirty percent more graphics
    Guns will be shiny

Sounds like you've gone for the same card I have, Jag.

Is it the MSI overclocked red twin Frozr one with a bad ass scorpion on it?

Mine works very well, everything ultra'd on PS2 and smooth as can be, no noticeable frame rate drops in even the biggest battles. Takes BF4 in its stride too.

PS2 is also very stable on my machine, if that's of interest, except it always needs force quitting on exit.

Yeah that's the one. Looking forward to the shiny guns!

As a bonus I just discovered I'm to get Arkham Oranges, AsscreedYoho and Splinter Cell 923421 for free. Popped my steam code in for Oranges, no problemo. Then my heart sank when I realised I'd have to use Uplay for the other two. I'm currently fighting a losing battle with uplay to get these bastard codes working.

What's that Uplay? Billing information required for my free games? FUCK OFF UPLAY

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    To be fair, Money Week have been good in their predictions in the past, and they're right that a rise in interest rates would cripple us much like it did the Greeks. The big difference between us and the Greeks though is that tax collection isn't particularly difficult for the UK, so I think we'll probably wind up putting off that crash for now.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Khatta, FFXIV, Cerberus