Page 97 of 204 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 4068

Thread: Off-topic

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Oh, your product?
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Oh, your product?
    Yep. Been working there since the start of the year for it.

Congratulations then!
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

So, I got *ing fed up with my lousy internet connection. Upstream speed has always been bad while downspeed used to be okay, but stability has been abysmal lately, and the last couple of days, I've had really bad downstream speed too, averaging at about 500-750 kB/s.

So, I've decided to try a service at 50-100 MB/s up, 30-50 MB/s down, hoping that the new cable TV modem with built-in wireless router and the extra headroom will make for a more stable and enjoyable gaming experience. I might even be able to host ArmA games (the ultimate test of your network connection, apparently) when this thing is in place, who knows.

Swedish and bad internet?

Yeah, Swedish, city-dweller and bad internet. Shameful, really. But it's not due to a bad connection to the internet, I believe. Mostly problems with my local setup, I would guess. Shitty cable modem that keeps crashing/losing connection every now and then for the last several months, wireless router that shares frequencies with my wireless headset forcing the headset to reset its connection several times on a regular night of gaming, things like that. Should hopefully all go away now that I get to move the router farther away from my computer, and eliminate the extra complication of separate modem and router.

Or so I hope.

Eso, I had similar problems here where my internet just turned to a crawl and would drop a lot. Turned out the cable from the exchange box outside my flat to the actual flat was damaged.

Hmm, okay. If this new equipment doesn't help, I guess I'll have to contact the provider. Thanks for the tip!

bad internet in Gothenburg?!
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Two reasons I've been less active lately. One you already know, Ubisoft made a good Assassin's Creed game for the first time in years. The other reason I'm less proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post

This belongs in a museum, so that it might be preserved for generations to come.

It IS good isnt it! The Sandbox element reminds me of the feeling i got when i played Skyrim for the first time... Plus who woudlnt want to sail their own pirate ship across the Caribbean. Also Shanties are fucking awesome.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Since my last evaluation I've been loving it more and more. Highlights include stalking and taking out guards from cover when raiding storehouses, and the cheers from the crew when you get back on board.
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post
    It IS good isnt it! The Sandbox element reminds me of the feeling i got when i played Skyrim for the first time... Plus who woudlnt want to sail their own pirate ship across the Caribbean. Also Shanties are fucking awesome.
    When I first read that I thought it was in reference to I'm A Celebrity. It was confusing to say the least.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The Sandbox element reminds me of the feeling i got when i played Skyrim for the first time...
    ... with 300 of steam workshop's finest mods installed?

@Cephas

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Since my last evaluation I've been loving it more and more. Highlights include stalking and taking out guards from cover when raiding storehouses, and the cheers from the crew when you get back on board.
    Okay, you guys (and the praise from the Crate and Crowbar podcast crew) made me finally cave and get the game. At full f-ing price nonetheless, so it had better be good! It should be installed now and ready to play when I get home from work today. Although it might become ArmA night...

did you ever try the multiplayer?

Hooray! Here's hoping for improved stability as well...

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3126753470

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Hooray! Here's hoping for improved stability as well...

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3126753470
    Congrats! Much better

yeah i overheard the conversation...
    I give you:
    SPACE UNICORN!!

Jaguar... I need this song in a film of yours
    You need me again, sweet lips?
    Be my friend on Steam

Speaking of putting songs in videos that will cause blood to emit from the ears, I've done another Skyrim thing. This time I've dropped the Gene Hackman song because I ran out of lyrics

Rest assured that if there were anymore lyrics, you'd be hearing them.

Skyrim optimistic subreddit - http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comme...episode_three/