Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Activated Node

The 2g influence plan

Hello everyone,
    I was thinking this other day as the new guild content came out. While looking and pondering over the high prices for the guild content, I came up with an idea. And in advanced, sorry for my bad grammar.

(
    Use the guild promoter for donations, left side, inside of the bank in LA.)

When the guild content came out, there was some small confusion midst the research and build orders. There was a lot canceling and rethinking the approach how to research. Yesterday that all got figured out, what we need to research and in what order. All thanks to this guide provided by dulfy: http://dulfy.net/2013/02/26/gw2-guild-missions-guide/

So upkeep 3 build queues, you need an "contract asuran outsourcing". It costs 200 influence and to completely speed it up, 2k, so 2.2k influence in total. On top of that, we do the karma buff, so that it stays 24/7 on. Which at the moment is impossible without using an asuran contract. To speed up the karma buff, it costs 3k karma buff cost included.

My point is, it could be useful to upkeep and asuran contract daily, for all the guild needs. For the future, researching and perhaps speeding up guild missions. Also wvw buffs need to be researched, so that people ranked barons or higher can use them for wvw events, or when they so see fit. So there is a lot to take in consideration when managing the guild research. For all this, we need influence, if we would keep an asuran contract daily, else it would mean we would slowly deplete our influence.

Thats where the idea of the 2g influence plan would come in. My thoughts was to implement into the guild a 2g influence plan for members who want to contribute to the guild, and this would not be obligatory, totally optional (for the sake of keeping things casual). So what is this 2g influence plan? The idea would be that those who are able and want to contribute to the guild, would donate influence to the guild monthly, in this case the 2g influence injection. You can buy influence for a small fee from a guild promoter. (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Promoter) This way we would have extra influence to spend and use to the benefit for the guild.

So what do you think of the idea? Would you like to contribute monthly to the guild? Also the influence would be spent more, depending on how many contribute and what the influence status stays at. The more influence we have, the more things we can do.

TL;DR: New guild content costs influence. We could use more influence to spend and adding a 3rd build queue via researching an asuran contract, which adds a total cost of 2.2k influence daily. To up keep karma +15% 24/7, we need to spend 3k influence daily, this has been done for months now. A 3rd build queue would be good the guild, upkeeping a lot of buffs, for pve and pvp. Each member that want to contribute to the guild (and are able to), would donate influence to the guild, by buying influence from the guild promoter (in LA, left balcony @ bank) for 2g each month, this being non-obligatory /optional.
    Last edited by John; 01-03-2013 at 01:07 PM.
    John Thorns, Rakel, Elizia Crow, Shiro Kanjo, Edda Swan, Eril Stenr - kinjru.2439

Thanks for posting this John. I would say that as long as things stay entirely optional for everyone, we should give it a try. If we find out that the plan doesn't work out, even with generous contributions from various guild members, we can still go back to the old schedule. In this case, we won't be able to research and queue guild missions as much as often, but hey, that's how it is then.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Thanks for posting this John. I would say that as long as things stay entirely optional for everyone, we should give it a try.
    Yepp, that was the plan and idea for the guild, the donations would be optional / non-obligatory. Of course donating, do benefit everyone, including the ones that donate. And it being the 2g monthly, so that it wouldn't really sting in your wallet, if one would like to contribute. And the optional part, so that no-one feels obligated.

Once all guild missions are unlock, there will be the 50s reward from completing one guild mission. I suppose that is 50s for each different guild mission, correct me if I'm wrong. At least there won't be a lack of money to contribute, if one would like to contribute. Also, at some point, when we have guild commendations, probably too much of them. Then there is the option to buy influence with 20s and 4-5 GC for a 400 influence gain. But that is probably in the distant future, and if we are swimming in GC.
    Last edited by John; 28-02-2013 at 04:52 PM.
    John Thorns, Rakel, Elizia Crow, Shiro Kanjo, Edda Swan, Eril Stenr - kinjru.2439

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Krathor's Avatar
    I agree with the premise of this thread. As Squirrel said, there's no harm in at least trying out three build queues. I think influence is not a problem for us at the moment; last night we had three (or maybe four) separate guild groups running different dungeons all at the same time. If that can be repeated every single night with both dungeons and events, we should be rolling in influence. I'm assuming that actually doing the guild missions as a guild group grants a similar amount of influence as well.

I'm obviously an advocate of us spending influence on WvWvW upgrades at the same time, but I don't feel that they're a priority; we don't claim a huge amount of locations as a guild - usually because when we're together we're too busy taking over places. I'm happy so long as we have one of each buff, upgrade and piece of siege equipment available at a time. This may change as the guild continues to grow or I run out of money for siege - but we're in the clear for the foreseeable future.

In respect of the monetary cost, don't worry about it. I will contribute some gold this evening to 'Deep Cave' to get the ball rolling and, if other people wish to add money for our guild-wide antics, I suggest you deposit money in the same place (or the vault that you have the highest level security access to if not Deep Cave).
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Krathor, I think the extra influence is actually needed. If you check the upgrade tab on the guild window, you'll see that some unlocks cost ~50k influence, which is about 1/5 of what we have in total at the moment. If we want to have guild missions as a steady "extra" in addition to the karma buff, we'll run out of influence sooner or later (our total is decreasing already). Shouldn't be too hard to get a few contracts here and there though.

Activated Node
    @Krathor, we are slowly running out of influence with our current research plan(which is the old one) and would run out even faster, if we would upkeep 3 queues. At least this is what I noticed when speeding up the asuran contract a couple of times. The contract itself takes too much time to research. And with the new content, there are many different buffs the guild could benefit from, but the build queue or research queue is only 2. And one will be occupied with the +15% karma buff, which itself takes a lot of influence daily, to upkeep. We used to gain more influence then we spent before, but it seems like that is not the case anymore, but perhaps it will change in-time, considering our member count.

You can contribute by just buying from the guild promoter, I think that is the best way to get the influence and not donate gold to the bank.

An idea, if you are running out of siege, the EB JP is an excellent choice to do "everyday", especially when there is a mesmer giving portals to people. That way, if there was ie. more than 10 RPS opening the chest with you, you wouldn't have too big of a problem when it comes to siege.
    Last edited by John; 28-02-2013 at 10:58 PM.

Put in a few gold to give the influence a tiny boost. I hope this catches on!

I wholeheartedly agree. Drinks for the city!

+1000
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Krathor's Avatar
    Yeah - TBH my contribution to the bank was only really to get the ball rolling/encourage others to do the same and it seemed to have worked. ;D
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Deposited

Activated Node
    Remind me

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Will buy some shortly!
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Activated Node
    Yup, I'll contribute something as well when I get home tonight.
    GW2: Devotion, lv. 80 Engineer

Activated Node
    Please use the guild promoter instead of putting gold inside the bank, for future reference.
    Thank you for the contribution!

Now if only I could convince people it was worth buying my love...

I'd be rich I tells you

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    I don't have a gold.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    I has a gold, but you no can has it.

I've signed up to the 2s influence program for now. Hope it changes when I get closer to level 80.

That's cool, Sakkura. As John said, everyone can contribute and also as much as s/he wants. Every contribution is appreciated.

Dropped 2g on influence after the guild missions earlier tonight, before I actually saw this post, as I realised expenditure had increased in getting the guild missions up and running. Also noticed that you can get guild influence from commendations, although not sure if they are available at the 1k left el. Might be an alternative for people who want to contribute, but who have cash flow issues.
    My Blog|Steam|GW2 Main: Chakan Khimar

Activated Node
    Don't forget our influence plan, if you would like to participate every month or whenever you like. You may donate as much as you like, any influence helps the guild research missions and unlocking upcoming missions, such as guild challenge and guild puzzle. Also it helps us up keep most of our daily buffs, which for the moment is +15% karma. Magic find might in the future be up and running once again. But for the moment, the unlocking new missions has the highest priority as well as researching them once unlocked.