Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Please Mister, I am sorry for being late with the rent. I'll get the money tomorrow, for real this time! Please give me one more day! ... No! Not the cookies! Don't take them away from me, they're all I have!

Joking aside, I'll put something in the influence jar asap.

Wow this thread really makes me realize how long I have been away from the game, but full commendations for this thread. So drinks are on me tonight

Haven't seen anyone mention that you can buy commendation letters with Laurels.
    You can buy 2 1000 commendation letters for 16 laurels, doesn't hurt your bank if you use laurels .

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Laurels are much harder to come by than gold.

Second what Malawi is saying. I can make 1g a day with rather easy play (I've actually made 10g in one day before) but not matter what it will take me 16 days to get 16 laurels.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Also at present Laurels are the only way to get ascended amulets. If like me you play with more than one character that you want to be well equipped then this alone will consume your laurels for some time. Most other things can be obtained by other means (gold, karma, fractals, guild commendations, dungeons etc.) but with all monthlies and dailies it will take 3 months for 4 amulets.

Ohara Scarlett

Drinks for the city purchased, disappointed with lack of actual drinks.

sendmark I second that. A little animation of sorts would be nice. . .

Activated Node
    Bump to rekindle attention towards the thread :]
    John Thorns, Rakel, Elizia Crow, Shiro Kanjo, Edda Swan, Eril Stenr - kinjru.2439

How can I make that 1g / day Malawi was talking about in a so I an donate some?

Quote Originally Posted by zanchito View Post
    How can I make that 1g / day Malawi was talking about in a so I an donate some?
    First of all, you really don't need to farm gold to make a contribution, zanchito. If you want to contribute something, you can also put some silver into the guild bank, we'll buy some influence when the funds have added up sufficiently.

To answer your question, a quick way to earn some coin is to run the Cathedral of Flames dungeon in explorable mode. Usually this is done by rushing through path 1, which can be done in a couple of minutes (a time of 15 minutes and lower is not uncommon). A run will usually net you around 70-80 silver, I believe. In addition, you'll get some dungeon tokens which can either be saved up for exotic gear or traded in for rare/yellow armor pieces at 30 tokens per piece. Those, in turn, can then be salvaged with a chance of producing Globs of Ectoplasm.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Well at 80 it's pretty easy to get 2g, until then, I'll see how much I can chip in. have 39 lvls to go till 80 anyways.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Thank you, squirrel, I'll try that run. I really want one character slot per profession, but that's 2400 gems, which is an awful amount of gold. Can't really justify the real money expenditure for that. :/

I put 1G in the Deep Cave, I hope that's the right stash for this kind of thing.
    Last edited by zanchito; 22-05-2013 at 06:05 PM.

Yes, that's good. Many thanks, zanchito. I've added another gold from my pocket and bought us some extra influence.

Edit: And yeah, it's the same with me. I still need another character slot, but with the current gem prices (which aren't likely to drop very soon), it is a really expensive project.
    Last edited by Squiz; 22-05-2013 at 07:04 PM.

I keep forgetting about this. *Drinks for the city!*
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

So 'my finger slipped' and I accidentally set off a Tier 3 Guild Bounty instead of a Tier 3 Guild Trek. We were doing so well too, with a successful (Tier 2) Guild Bounty and a Guild Challenge!

I've attempted to make amends but I do apologise for the waste of time.

Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.