Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Trials is back on the PC

After bunking-off with that WHORE, the XBOX, it's back!!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/220160/

Pre-order now and you get into the BETA - that means you could be playing it RIGHT NOW.

Anyone who's not played a Trials game - erm - imagine the nicest physics ever allied to a game which loves to make you cry...

Everyone else - why are you still here - go get it!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Will get it when it's out! Because I'm a bit tight on cash at the moment but super stoked for it. :D
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Early feedback - people seem amazed it's a port, are they the sort of people who wonder if the sun will come up in the east or west every day, I wonder? :)

Performance isn't brilliant - seems best to set it to XBOX default resolution (1280x720) if you want the smoothest ride. I guess that's why it's a beta.

You apparently get all the stock tracks from Evolution AND from the earlier HD game - tho DLC isn't included which means they'll be looking into your wallet in the future?

Network Hub
    It's a goddamn shame this also uses Uplay. Not only Uplay sucks, it prevents it from using Steam workshop, which would be ideal for this game. Oh well, just Ubisoft ruining things, business as usual

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Ya I was really looking forward to getting a boxed copy from Amazon, then I saw the publisher was Ubisoft. Now I'm not sure I'll bother. :/

Funnily enough Uplay and Origin work better on my pc than Steam does. I wish I had to use none of them, but if wishes were horses I'd have unlimited amounts of lemonade.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Will it use steam leader boards or the uPlay leaderboards though?
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Network Hub
    Most likely Uplay. Ubisoft just use Steam as a store, everything else is handled by Uplay

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Ubisoft and a bad port? Who could have guessed:D

There is 99.9 percent chance it won't support my monitor's native 85hz refresh rate, it'll have black bars in 4:3 resolution, it won't have msaa support.

Same shit as driver : SF and from dust.

Don't be a sucker guys, don't support this shit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Well as it stands (BETA) it doesn't support anything above 1080 and MAY be scaling into that from 720 anyway - so you'll really hate it :)

That said, Trials isn't about all that wanky nonsense - it's about being a fucking amazing game with an editor which has astonishing capabilities, it would be churlish to throw-the-towel-in on it just because it doesn't live up to your technical expectations...

Driver SF may not have supported all the technical wizbangery either but it was a solid port which played well on a wide range of systems. It plays a damned-sight-better than NFS:MW (a broadly similar game) - for example

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Looking around there are a few deals to be had on this

GMG have a 20% code which apparently works for Trials (it's all over the site) - as do Gamefly, details here

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/co...n_pc_download/

If you buy it from UPlay direct, you get a choice of a stack of games 'for free' including Rayman Oranges, HOMM6 Deluxe, Settlers 7 Deluxe, World in Conflict Gold and a few other options (the deal is for any game 19.99EU or more)

Bear in mind that being a UPlay title you will need UPlay but UPlay isn't a download client for purchases other than from Ubi directly so you'll need Capsule, Gamefly's client, Steam or whatever to download it from those sellers and it will install UPlay anyway - e.g. choose your preferred download service (Steam is the only one which auto-updates AFAIK?)

p.s. update, whilst some people are reporting getting the free game, the offer on the International Stores (e.g. non-US) excludes pre-orders and it doesn't seem to work on the UK store specifically - that said, the UBI store is so flakey and slow I'd not really to test it anyway...
    Last edited by trjp; 04-03-2013 at 12:32 AM.

I wanted to get it, but DRM.
    Last edited by bad guy; 04-03-2013 at 05:17 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by bad guy View Post
    I wanted to get it, but DRM.
    So it's one of the most fun games ever made - it has a level editor which enables people to create astonishing things - but because it requires a reasonable check that you're not a pirate, you won't buy it.

I'm glad I'm not developing games at the moment - I might have gotten really depressed at that thought that people want the moon on a stick AND free cake as well...

When historians look back on this period in time, it's entirely possible that they will say "that plague which kicked-off in 2014 caused by people moaning too much was probably deserved - on the whole" :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    It seems allright, but I'm having issues with the horrendous art style and music. This game truly looks like shit. Seems challenging and fun however, and the music can be turned off.
    Find me on the Steams

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    So it's one of the most fun games ever made
    It isn't in my book.
    And the physics are also not "the nicest physics ever".

I don't want to be forced to make accounts to play games.
    I don't want to need a program to run my program (Steam)
    I don't want global leaderboard, I just want to play offline by myself.
    I don't want to be treated like a pirate when I pay, pirates will get the game anyway.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    so let me get this straight: they release this port 10 years after it was launched on the console toybox, and for the same price as Brutal Legend?

I literally don't have the time to waste on these kind of developers.
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Quote Originally Posted by mashakos View Post
    so let me get this straight: they release this port 10 years after it was launched on the console toybox, and for the same price as Brutal Legend?
    One year. Well, less than one year, almost excactly 11 months.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

I'm sorry but what exactly is your problem?

Because Brutal Legend was once expensive (40 expensive) and was never, ever worth that sort of money (Doublefine games don't really fit the AAA console pricing bracket) Trials (a game which cost 1200pts which is 10ish) should be cheaper than it is/was for what reason exactly?

Trials is a fantastic game - the editor is astonishing and the things people have created a truly excellent (and free to play of course) - it's a fantastic example of how to use online stuff really well and make a game you can play indefinately...

If you (and the earlier DRM hater) miss-out on that because of some perceived slight of pricing (like ALL games it will get cheaper) or because it came from a device you have some irrational hatred of or even because you think it's an "old game" - that's your loss...

p.s. Ironically, we're probably only getting this because of Ubisoft - it's their money which makes the PC port worth doing, RedLynx had said many times that they were focussed on "more profitable platforms" - ironic hardly even covers that!?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar

Why don't you bitch about Brutal Legend being released on pc 4 years after console release..

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Why don't you bitch about Brutal Legend being released on pc 4 years after console release..
    doesn't matter, Brutal Legend was a $60 game on console that was very well priced on the PC.

I'm pretty sure Trials HD was released exclusively on the xbox 360 in 2009 or 2010. That includes all the DLC that was created for that release, and the subsequent sequel, Evolution.
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen