Secondary Hivemind Nexus

[VS] [AAR] StratGir 2013/02/28

Doesn't cover the whole thing, because I left part way through, but:

After action report for StratGir 2013/02/28
    Perspective is that of a soldier in Alpha

As Rock Planet Shotgun form up ready for the night's operations, a cry for help comes out from Amerish, where the New Conglomerate were effectivley absent and the Terran Republic were pushed back to a small number of territories around their warp gate, but are now responding in force. RPS heeds the call and deploys to Amerish at Platoon strength. Mounting up in Galaxies, RPS move on Onatha. Alpha, Bravo and Charlie initally split between the three satellites, with Alpha taking north.

Securing the satellites takes some time, with TR Sunderers frequently making an apperance, however the way is eventually cleared and RPS troops teleport inside the Biolab en masse. After managing to secure the SCU Shield in an inital push and attacking the SCU, RPS were pushed back and fighting to regain the SCU shield as allied reinforcements arrived, notably IVRI and ISK. With these additional forces, it was possible for the Vanu to break through in Onatha and rout the Terran Republic forces.

Following the capture of Onatha, it was back into the Galaxy for a drop on Crux Mining, right up against the Terran Republic warpgate. Following the drop, both squads involved were rather spread out, and picked apart by enemy armour and air that was in abundance. A small segement of Alpha was able to secure cap point A for a period, until a well placed concussion grenade disabled the forces there to be killed by a single opponent. Following this set back, the new plan was to assist allies in securing Shadespire and after that was rapidly acheived, attacking Crux Mining again over the mountains.

The push on Crux mining was not to be, with TR forces seemingly now ralling through that route. As TR heavy armour and air rolled on Shadespire, RPS pulled back to Onatha to bring up a collum of heavy armour and AA. While the leading edge of enemy air forces were torn to pieces by Burster and Skyguard fire, the armour collumn struggled to move effectivley along the narrow canyon roads leading northwards, where significant Terran Republic armour was backed up with infantry forces. While the TR armour elements were smashed, it became clear that these were only a small part of a massive pincer operation closing in on Onatha. Falling back to defend Onatha, RPS find enemy infantry forces approaching from all directions.

RPS determined to hold on to the northern satellite, which was facing consistent attack from the north and from the west, the western assualt being anchored by a large infantry force located on top of a cliff rock. This massed enemy force was eventually disloged by a galaxy drop. However, the defence was not to be, as despite several Vanu outfits acting in concert, the Terran Republic were fielding significantly numerically superior forces.
    Last edited by CMaster; 01-03-2013 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Adding stuffs

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    During the long fight for Onatha, the New Conglomerate had suceeded in seizing Esamir from the Terran Republic, and significant forces from that conflict had relocated to Amerish, suceeding in taking almost the entire western half of the continent.

Relocating from a losing battle at Onatha, RPS set out to regain territory from the New Conglomerate, beginning with a Galaxy drop on Highroads Junction which immediatley smashed the forces of LSD that were garisoning the base.

Following the rapid seizure of Highroads, RPS forces made their way overland to the north-east satelllite of Tumas.

A large New Conglomerate force was defending the base and surrounding flat land, but collapse once RPS forces manage to sneak onto the capture point. As allied forces move armour into the tech plant, RPS advanced on foot, with most of the platoon heading for shield generators, while Alpha entered the tech plant via the unsheilded southern doors, encountering some resistance. After a relatviley short push, lasting less time than the battle for the North Eastern sattelite, the NC collapsed and abandoned Tumas.
    Last edited by CMaster; 01-03-2013 at 01:20 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Love it =). There were some pretty epic battles on Amerish last night, too bad we got so badly mauled by TR air north of Onatha, Delta tried to bring in armor but we just could not get anywhere with Daddy and his "fuckbuddies" flying about.

Nice report CM, with excellent diagrams. Well played.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    RTRS were very grateful for your focus against the TR last night - half a dozen of us fought our way down to Wokuk in the meantime
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Excellent AAR!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    You really set the bar high, CMaster! Good job, and a good fight yesterday too!

After you logged off, we kept punishing the NC on the west front, taking Wokuk Amp Station, then pushing north through Moss Basin Mineshaft to The Bastion, where we had the last big fight for the night, while te rest of VS went mostly out east again to Onatha. We took and held The Bastion for a while during our debriefing, and kept debriefing/zerging along in a disorganized fashion from there, until I logged off around 23 GMT after taking Mekala Tech Plant.

A good night, all in all. Many nice large fights, and lots of technical problems on my end. Tip of the week: do not fiddle with your CPU overclock settings while playing, it will make your system unstable. That warning there? It is there for a reason, apparently.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    This was great! I don't have much else to say. Love the videos but it's weird to hear yourself talk so much.

Interesting that the high roads drop actually just worked. Shock troopers ftw.
    Find me on the Steams

Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    Interesting that the high roads drop actually just worked. Shock troopers ftw.
    Yeah, funny, that. The place was literally crawling with people when we dropped in, and a minute later they were all in their spawn room, camped to shreds. Good job there!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    bloody hell! this is a very nice AAR, cmaster. that TR pincer move was really impressive, i thought. We pulled lots of armor and then pushed out of the funnel, into deployed prowlers and FU troops hidden in the ridges (these bastards do seem to enjoy this stuff), which is why we all got blown up, i think. in hindsight, having them push into the funnel north of onatha would've been easier for us, but seeing how we're completely swarmed, i'm not sure it would've made a difference.

Damn, this was almost enough to end my hiatus earlier than expected. Really nice job, man!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus NickWhite's Avatar
    Echoed. Great posts CMaster. I found this sort of feedback and documentation really interesting to study, if nothing it's just a chance to see the night from another persons (yours) perspective. Reminds me of something i did on a map of Chernarus.

Perhaps we could use this thread to post future AARs? Multiple StratGir reports with footage of the night from multiple people would be great to see, i think.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I just want to say that I loved this CMaster. Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post
    Perhaps we could use this thread to post future AARs? Multiple StratGir reports with footage of the night from multiple people would be great to see, i think.
    There is also this thread. *cough, cough*

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post
    Echoed. Great posts CMaster. I found this sort of feedback and documentation really interesting to study, if nothing it's just a chance to see the night from another persons (yours) perspective. Reminds me of something i did on a map of Chernarus.

You mean something I did on that map of chernarus lol. It took me fucking ages to track our journeys, but it was fun knowing where we had all been and what we had seen etc. whilst trying to reach each other! (Me, Nick and Mitch, that is)..

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Glad you guys liked it. Be great to see some other perspectives.
    Honestly, I think a new thread for each night being AARed is better than a collected one, but I could be wrong there.

Honestly, I think my stlye is still a bit too clipped - I wanted to move on from the rather uninteresting "We did this, then this, then that" of the couple of AARs people have attempted to so far. But I still think a bit more drama and emotion would be good, a bit more detail on one or two of the key fights. Problem is I can't remember that well after the fact (and this one was based off quick notes I jotted down as soon as I quit the game).

Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    This was great! I don't have much else to say. Love the videos but it's weird to hear yourself talk so much.
    The weird thing is that FRAPs doesn't record my voice any more (it did in my earlier videos). So several people respond to thing I say, and it just seems odd and out of context.
    Oh, and the gun the TR guy is using that you ask about in the Onatha video is the mini-chaingun, the TR equivalent (sorta) of the Lasher.

Quote Originally Posted by mickygor
    RTRS were very grateful for your focus against the TR last night - half a dozen of us fought our way down to Wokuk in the meantime
    Yeah, we ended up fighting very hard on behalf of NC that night. First we fought TR on Amerish, so you didn't have to fight them on Esamir. Then, we kept the TR bottled up inthe NE, so you could take all the West of Amerish.
    Last edited by CMaster; 02-03-2013 at 01:44 PM.