Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Krathor's Avatar

Lightbulb BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES - SATURDAY 29th November! 18:00 GMT!

Hola!

First, thanks to everyone who came to Dry Top Domination last Saturday. It was a rockin' time and remember that you can stay up to date with all of our events over on this sticky's OP, or via our Twitter.

Second, a while back I asked for ideas for a new, huge PvE event between the officers. Pretty much immediately, Ohara whipped out the idea of the Battle of the Five Armies. Ohara, I hope you don't mind me quoting directly from you:

Five single race zergs starting in the racial capitals, sharing a teamspeak to sling insults at each other

Hopefully a bit of RP character given the 5 different teams (We are Norn, Team Asura vs the Bookahs, For Iron Legion! etc...)

Taking the expected winding routes across Tyria, gradually joining up (Asura with Sylvari and Charr/Norn first at a guess) to congregate in LA for a massive party/costume brawl/etc.

Followed by a quick jaunt south to Bloodtide to (probably fail) the great wurm and then to Sparkfly to (probably succeed at) Teq. Temples after if folk can be bothered/there is time.

Could do bosses together or on 5 servers as a timed competition with national pride at stake
    I found this idea to be pretty fantastic. I think once all of the five zergs congregate, we would attempt the Wurm or Tequatl together, as by that time folks from each of the armies will have dropped out due to fatigue anyway. I also thought that we could visit Lion's Arch after killing Tequatl, to serve as a spot of celebration.

Tonight, I did a bit of drafting of what each of the racial routes could look like:

Of course those races closer to the center of the world will get more time in each zone. For example, the humans will likely spend twice the time in Queensdale than the sylvari and asura will when they just pass through. However, so long as all of the zergs rendezvous in the same place at the same time (in the map it's Stormbluff Isle in Bloodtide), it should not be an issue.

Now, this event could be epic. So long as we plan it far enough in advance, we could potentially have hundreds of people turn up. We're talking twice the numbers of March to Mount Maelstrom. 70+ people per zerg.

And I believe we can do it. The reason why I'm making this thread (instead of just an announcement one with the date and time) is because I'll need the entirety of the guild to provide structure. We're talking about five commanders, potentially five different TeamSpeak channels, five zergs and it concluding with a Tequatl kill. Our... beloved megaserver won't make things easier either, but our Pavilion and Dry Top runs have shown we can conquer that by using the party taxi system. This is why I've kept the number of zones for each zerg fairly low, relative to the other events. We can also try all guesting to the same server to cut down on the need to taxi.

What are your thoughts on this? I can definitely get the numbers, but can we pull off something which requires such coordination? If so, when? I would suggest the last week of October (maybe even Saturday 1st November), as the Living Story Season 2 resumes on the first Tuesday in November. However, I realise that the kids in the UK are on holiday during that week, which may mean that some of us with parental responsibilities will be unavailable that Saturday.

Updates:

- Date confirmed: Saturday 29th November!
    - Time proposed: Beginning at 18:00 GMT, finishing at 21:00 GMT.

Now taking volunteers for leader and assistant positions. Here's who we have so far (character names are in italics):

Asura:

Leader: Saph (Saffni)
    Assistant:

Charr:

Leader: Ohara (Ocharra Scarlett)
    Assistant: Rebel

Human:

Leader: Hawks (Ripley Hawkswind)
    Assistant: Vlupius (Vlupius Primus)

Norn:

Leader: Monkey (Monksbjornsson)
    Assistant: Noaru (Aliss Blackfyre)

Sylvari:

Leader: Tweet (Tweetiti)
    Assistant: Yargh (Yarghz)

- Infographic is up.
    - The official forum thread is up, as is the Gunnar's one.
    - I've also thrown together this quick summary banner:

- First Reddit thread is up.
    - Go read Vlup's writing about Saturday!
    - Second Reddit thread.
    Last edited by Krathor; 27-11-2014 at 06:27 PM.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    If I'm around I'll happily help out but it's too early to say as I might be on vacation starting that very weekend you mention
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie
    Subscribe to our RPS_GW2 Twitter: twitter.com/rps_gw2

Network Hub
    Don't let anyone ever tell you you're not crazy. This is mad. Needless to say, I'd love to be a part of it in whatever form I can help if I'm available.
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    I'll definitely be there, by then i'll have a complete set of lvl 80 chars so can tow whichever zerg if needed.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera
    Steam ID: IHawksbane

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    I can lead human, norn or salad.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Think I could lead any race, but would prob be best with Charr or Norn.

route looks great

Cant do 1st Nov tho - away on scout camp at half term. Or the weekend before (family - half term strikes again. Sorry!) . Only free Saturdays before LS are 4th and 18th Oct unfortunately. (or the 11th, but that is "Hawks mystery thing (tm) "
    Given LS kicks off the start of Nov your proposed date may be the best time for all, so go ahead with when works for most folk
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

I think I could join (Charr). Loving the idea.

Good responses so far.

Given that two people already can't make the end of October or start of November, how about Saturday 15th November? This date is good for a few reasons:

- It's the second week following the first update of the second part of this year's Living Story. This means that most people will have likely completed the content by that time.

- The WvW Tournament will have ended by then.

- It's far enough in the future to plan around it.

Thoughts?
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

I can probably do the 15th!
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

On a training course alas - either side weekend or the 29th is free still.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Planning is futile for me, but it should be a good date in principle!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    I am currently free throughout November, although probably not December so much. 15th sounds good, has the added advantage of not being Guy Fawke's night for those in the UK (or remnants thereof).
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera
    Steam ID: IHawksbane

Sounds quite amazing, love it. The date seems fairly ok at this time as well
    Usually running one of my "Moonspell" norns.

Eh, could knock it to the 29th November. Again, that's in the second week of the newest Living Story release so it works. December is an absolute no-no though, given it's a month of holidaying and Christmas parties. I'm just trying to find the best date that would suit everyone (if possible!).
    Guild Wars 2:

29th works however...

Network Hub
    Novembre 29th should most likely work for me!
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

Network Hub
    If im around happy to help
    GW2: fersumengin, Ulstermen
    Planetside 2: Fersumengin, (VS) Fersumengine (NC)
    Steam: RNC100
    Wildstar: Fersumengin
    Battlenet: rnc100 1317

29/11 should be ok!

So this is almost a month away. Are we all still good for the 29th? Hawks, I know that your monitor is knackered now - will you come back for this?
    Guild Wars 2:

In the meantime, I have been doing a bit of research for advertising ideas - ready to crack on with the marketing.

As such, I have found an absolutely perfect poster. Even the wording is spot on.

Guild Wars 2: