Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found

As the great baboon in the sky nears its eclipse and will shadow the world no more..

There was a mighty hush, like the sound of a billion bananas being unzippered in the vastness of Horace's infinite stomach, to echo endlessly around his gall bladder of banality.

But lo as the stories have foretold, there would be a new light in the sky - one perhaps not quite so bright (energy saving natch), but powerful all the same as it will take Horace's minions in a fresh direction to discover new sites, sights, swords, souls and sounds!

So prepare thyselves brave people, for the journey will continue!
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    You need to stop those meds
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie
    Subscribe to our RPS_GW2 Twitter: twitter.com/rps_gw2

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetiti View Post
    You need to stop those meds
    Or perhaps he stopped the meds, and that's the problem.
    Steam: Taverius
    GW2: Katekk | Eindís Starfire | Lamya Medhea | Janina Björnsdóttir | Taizo Smokerend | Dubhán | Ásleif Stormwalk | Ashken Medhea

I think you need a new kind of jacket...
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

In any case, viva la revolcion! la resistance lives on!
    Steam: Taverius
    GW2: Katekk | Eindís Starfire | Lamya Medhea | Janina Björnsdóttir | Taizo Smokerend | Dubhán | Ásleif Stormwalk | Ashken Medhea

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Monkey's rule shall forever be remembered as The Time of Fewer Bananas.

(I was eating a banana when I read this and tried to raise it in salute, but it got kind of awkward, also because I nearly poked it in my eye. Bananas are difficult).

Quote Originally Posted by noaru View Post
    I think you need a new kind of jacket...
    And a new hat to go with it.

[GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Now that I would buy off to tp regardless of cost. Especially if it had ringing bells on it.

Screen Shot 2015-07-28 at 11.23.48.jpg
    Last edited by MonkeyMonster; 28-07-2015 at 11:25 AM.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Welcome back to your proper title; I think you were missed at the court
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie
    Subscribe to our RPS_GW2 Twitter: twitter.com/rps_gw2

If you could hear the bells we'd all know when you were sneaking up on us
    Cybek - Asura - Mesmer -- Kybek - Human - Necro -- Ravbek the Char Ranger, (also, Soubek, Xybek, Feybek)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravbek View Post
    If you could hear the bells we'd all know when you were sneaking up on us
    My slick shoes will get me there before you're ready to defend

Well thanks for your leadership over the last few months, it was a unique experience and commiserations to Scarlet for having the title now thrust upon him

Will HoT come before or after Scarlet's tenure....
    Cybek - Asura - Mesmer -- Kybek - Human - Necro -- Ravbek the Char Ranger, (also, Soubek, Xybek, Feybek)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    After I think, can't see it coming out before nov now, but stranger things have happened
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Gotta assume it'll be 3 months between release date announcement and release, but who knows? Given that, I wouldn't be hugely surprised if they announce the release date at Gamescom for November.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    Gotta assume it'll be 3 months between release date announcement and release, but who knows? Given that, I wouldn't be hugely surprised if they announce the release date at Gamescom for November.
    Yeh but would they be willing to go up against WoW's next exp which seem to be getting announced this week at Gamescon. Blizzard seem to be following through with the decreased release cycle time and Nov is usually when they plonk a new pac down at least in the past its been around about then.
    GW2: fersumengin, Ulstermen, Hera Tempastatis
    Planetside 2: Fersumengin, (VS) Fersumengine (NC)
    Steam: Fersumengin
    Battlenet: rnc100#1317

So is Blizz doing expansions yearly now? Given the amount of content they push usually it'll make Arenanet's efforts look pitiful.

More like every 18 months I reckon - doubt the new WoW will be out before next year. I gather that WoW players are pretty pissed with content quantity at the moment after relatively poor post-release support/content for Draenor.

In fact the new WoW is more likely to make Anet want to rush HoT out sooner to make sure it drops a substantial amount of time before The Selfies of Stormwind.

I thought Draenor was the best expansion since vanilla etc. I have exactly 0 ex-WoW guildies playing GW2 and not for lack of trying. Most of them gave up a few months in, tried a bit again some year later, but didn't stick. I'm not sure WoW's players have that much potential for GW2... I'd say they're more like to jump ship into other WoW clones if they want something newer.

There was a small WoW ---> GW2 exodus recently after it was announced that 6.2 would be the last patch for Draenor, interestingly. I'm sure they all went back again after the new expansion announcement was announced...

My understanding of the consensus on Draenor was that the leveling and zones were great but the endgame was pants.