Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar

Dungeon Master Squad

I'm guessing a lot of us have a fair few dungeon paths that we've never run. If people wanted to, a few of us could band together to get as many of them done as possible so we can aim for that elusive Dungeon Master title. I'm guessing there will be significant overlap in the paths that people haven't done.

If you're interested, post below with the paths you still need to complete, and we'll try to get some groups together to run these paths in the near future.

Edit 16th June: a few of us have our dungeon master titles now, but we're always willing to help out others starting out on the path! We organise many of our runs in this thread.
    Last edited by jha4ceb; 16-06-2013 at 12:06 AM.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

CoE 1,2,3
    Arrah 1,2,3,4
    SE 1,2,3
    Last edited by Lippsy; 02-03-2013 at 03:23 PM.

CM 3
    TA (did fwd fwd)
    SE 3
    CoF 3
    CoE 1,2,3
    Arah s,1,2,3,4

I need to finish my personal story before doing Arah though, just to avoid unnecessary reruns Working on that.
    Last edited by noaru; 02-03-2013 at 04:22 PM.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Network Hub
    errm, I've only done the first 3 story runs, so I'm up for pretty much everything you can think of.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yargh View Post
    errm, I've only done the first 3 story runs, so I'm up for pretty much everything you can think of.
    Same here I'd like to finish the last ones in story mode first if any one wants to join?

Thinking of running something new tonight if people are around.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    I'm done.

Edit: I'm just going to update this as I go along.
    Last edited by Malawi Frontier Guard; 11-08-2013 at 03:08 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    OK folks, from tomorrow, tuesday 19th March, (assuming that my brand new, super amazing 56k modem is working) I am going to start running all dungeons in story mode. Ending with Arah so Hawksbane can finally finish his story off

I'll pencil in a 7.30 start but we'll fit around guild events etc; so if anyone has a character with appropriate levels and wants to join in post here or shout me in game. No experience necessary; but a bit of patience is helpful; especially if nobody has run it before. Story modes are generally easier so full exotic level 80's aren't necessary.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    OK folks, from tomorrow, tuesday 19th March, (assuming that my brand new, super amazing 56k modem is working) I am going to start running all dungeons in story mode. Ending with Arah so Hawksbane can finally finish his story off

I'll pencil in a 7.30 start but we'll fit around guild events etc; so if anyone has a character with appropriate levels and wants to join in post here or shout me in game. No experience necessary; but a bit of patience is helpful; especially if nobody has run it before. Story modes are generally easier so full exotic level 80's aren't necessary.
    Comiiiiiiing

Activated Node
    I've done... Um... Yeah. AC2. That's it.

A group of us made an abortive attempt at Arah 1 last night. I think the lesson we learned was: don't even *think* about taking on the trash mobs in this dungeon. Seriously, you thought the mobs in CM and TA were bad. These are incredible: oozes applying 25 stacks of vuln. Etc.

I've been watching this video to see how it's done:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZWfW9hOJeI&noredirect=1

The key seems to be getting really good at running past mobs. We got as far as the first boss, then gave up trying to run to the next boss. In fairness, the video does describe that part as the most difficult run on the path. (Edit: he also says that the trash runs in this path are harder than in p2 or p3. So that's encouraging.)

If we try again, I think we'll need (a) at least one guardian and (b) reliable stealth, either from mesmer or thief, for skipping mobs.
    Last edited by jha4ceb; 04-03-2013 at 09:47 AM.

Network Hub
    I'm having trouble understanding the point of dungeons where the only reliable way to get through is to sneak or run past the grunts. (not that I won't do it of course, I'm as shallow as the next adventurer)

Quote Originally Posted by Yargh View Post
    I'm having trouble understanding the point of dungeons where the only reliable way to get through is to sneak or run past the grunts. (not that I won't do it of course, I'm as shallow as the next adventurer)
    Yeah, this is one of the big weaknesses of several dungeons. The trash is not worth killing because (a) it's harder than the bosses, (b) it can be skipped, and moreover (c) there's no incentive to kill it since it won't drop anything good. All of these are problems which can be fixed...and hopefully eventually will be.

I think the trash in the above-ground portions of HotW is at about the right level. It's not too punishing, but can still wipe an unprepared group. What's more, they often drop totems and icy bags.

yeah, sorry about disappearing. I disconnected trying to go from Straits to Cursed Shore; and then gave up trying to reconnect.
    at risk of sounding like a stuck record, I still need to do 2 more runs of CoF; good excuse for running P3 there
    Then pretty much all the other dungeons; only done story mode in AC and CM.

Haha, that brings back memories of Guild Wars 1 dungeons. Awesome stuff, need to check that out when I find myself having an unbearably good time with the game.
    Last edited by Squiz; 04-03-2013 at 10:40 AM.

anyone about for a mid level run of CM tonight? I'm going to head through each dungeon in turn and run all paths, changing characters as I need to.
    depending on the time it takes we'll try for all paths. I've done story mode but if anyone wants to do it I'm happy to come along.

I might be up for one, maybe two runs through CM, hawksbane. However, I cannot recommend to bring anything lower than a level 80 character for the exploration mode. Exotic equipment isn't a must, but makes things go smoother.

I don't mind coming on Hawksbane, but it is supposed to be a level 40 dungeon isn't it?
    I'm pretty sure I've done 2 of the paths anyway.

Thanks to eveyone who turned up last night, was a good run. We managed a couple of story mode dungeons CM & TA to be specific, and they went pretty smoothly. I think there was only one wipe.

Apologies to Tweetiti & Yargh for not being able to run with you guys, I'll organise another run on Thursday around 8. when I'll probably try and get AC and Sorrow's Embrace done (this does of course depend on everyone being in agreement).

cheers,

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    It's not that tough if you know what you're doing. Bring a guardian, though. It could be me.